Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Guest List beginner's guide

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2023, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by KARFA
just to clarify, you have nominated someone with the same status they already hold and done it prior to their membership year end?
Correct, three times (all three partner cards). They all got the emails, pressed the "accept" link (which threw an error, but on my side, it showed up as accepted), and then their year just got extended upon the end of their membership year (I think - might've been card validity, but pretty sure it was membership year end).
KARFA likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2023, 8:01 pm

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
i have an idea.
i will contact the GGL line after 8 Jan (i.e. after my partners TP year end and before their card expiries).
i will still be a member of the GGL team and can probably sort it out then,
Old Dec 8, 2023, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by m8_rotate
You may be very lucky, I would call the GGL line that day before the membership year ends because technically the rules should allow it, as I understand them. Bearing in mind GGL redemptions are never shown on your profile anyway. You have to call up. Always best to try the GGL UK team that open 8am to 8pm UK time. Good luck!
We tried. GGL rep utterly uninterested (computer says no). Much less helpful than used to on the less privileged Gold line.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 6:20 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by kikujiro
We tried. GGL rep utterly uninterested (computer says no). Much less helpful than used to on the less privileged Gold line.
I think the issue here is that the TPs haven't posted yet? So technically they are still gold, not GGL and as such the benefits haven't been issued.
Markie, KARFA, Sifu and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 3:19 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Could someone please PM me the GGL e-mail address?
Old Dec 19, 2023, 7:53 am

Programs: BA GGL
Can anyone clarify whether the "service fee waived" benefit applies only to redemptions, or also to cash bookings? It seems that even fully flexible Y cash fare is subject to a £15 service fee for a refund - would this be waived as a GGL? Thanks.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by flarmip
Can anyone clarify whether the "service fee waived" benefit applies only to redemptions, or also to cash bookings? It seems that even fully flexible Y cash fare is subject to a £15 service fee for a refund - would this be waived as a GGL? Thanks.
Applies to both cash and redemption bookings.
flarmip likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 3:57 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
Hi, quick Q: I am using a space release (GGL) for a return flight for my son (who is Gold) and his partner. I am not travelling. I have companion voucher and he does too - but agent says I cant use either, since I am not travelling and he is not paying. Any way around this - or is this just the way it is? 200,000 avios at stake

Thanks
Old Dec 29, 2023, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by wanderingjock
Hi, quick Q: I am using a space release (GGL) for a return flight for my son (who is Gold) and his partner. I am not travelling. I have companion voucher and he does too - but agent says I cant use either, since I am not travelling and he is not paying. Any way around this - or is this just the way it is? 200,000 avios at stake

Thanks
Well, you can't use your companion voucher for your son + partner as you aren't traveling. While I am not GGL my understanding is that you can use Jokers for other people even if you aren't traveling.
Gold Guest List beginner's guide
But you want to use your avios to book using your son's voucher, so some ideas about what the issues might be:
(1) are you in a household account? If so, your son and partner will need to be added at least as friends and family for you to redeem avios for them; even with this though I don't believe it will resolve the issue of you redeeming your son's voucher on his behalf using your avios and credit card for fees/taxes;
(2) does your son have enough avios to redeem his voucher? The t and c's for the voucher require the voucher holder to redeem and the cardmember to pay the fees, taxes, surcharges; can you transfer to your son the avios he needs or add him to your household account so he would have access to your avios?

Originally Posted by wanderingjock
maybe posted this in the wrong thread?
I think GGL Joker questions usually get posted in the GGL thread I've linked to above.
wanderingjock likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 6:21 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Please follow the 2024 version of this thread here:

Gold Guest List beginner's guide | 2024

golfmad
Moderator: BAEC forum
alex67500 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.