Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Guest List beginner's guide

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2018, 10:11 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by rossmacd
Is there any way possible to gift my CCR card to someone else? Considering that there are not a huge amount in circulation, would BA be amenable to something like this?
BAEC cards are not transferable so I can't imagine they would be agreeable to this.
Old May 21, 2018, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad
BAEC cards are not transferable so I can't imagine they would be agreeable to this.
Thank you - I suspected as much. Just a shame that my CCR will get such little use, when I would much rather have one of my road warrior friends restricted to weekly commuting on the monopoly GLA-LHR route have it. He would get far better use of it versus me.
Old May 21, 2018, 1:56 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by rossmacd
Thank you - I suspected as much. Just a shame that my CCR will get such little use, when I would much rather have one of my road warrior friends restricted to weekly commuting on the monopoly GLA-LHR route have it. He would get far better use of it versus me.
You could gift your partner gold/silver cards if you've not done so already?
Old May 23, 2018, 12:58 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
As I understand the Joker can only be used on a round-trip with no side-trips, correct?
So something like ORD-LHR-KRK-LHR-JNB-LHR-ORD won't work. I would need to remove the LHR-KRK-LHR and book that separate, right?
Old May 25, 2018, 4:22 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond, Scandic Top Floor
I hit 5k points with a flight on 13th Apr, status online was updated a couple of days later and my GGL card arrived approx 1 wk later. My year end was 8th May and the GGL card has an expiry of Jun 19. The CCR card finally showed up today (6 weeks since qualifying) and the expiry shows as 31st May, is this correct ? I was expecting the expiry to be end of June in line with my BA year finishing 8th May.

Thanks

DtB
Old May 25, 2018, 4:42 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by Down the back
I hit 5k points with a flight on 13th Apr, status online was updated a couple of days later and my GGL card arrived approx 1 wk later. My year end was 8th May and the GGL card has an expiry of Jun 19. The CCR card finally showed up today (6 weeks since qualifying) and the expiry shows as 31st May, is this correct ? I was expecting the expiry to be end of June in line with my BA year finishing 8th May.

Thanks

DtB
That doesn't sound right to me. My CCR card is valid up to the end of the month after the month in which my BA membership year finishes. That's been the case previously too. I'd query this, if I was you (unless you're nailed on to get to 5,000 TPs over the next membership year, in which case the date discrepancy will be academic).
Old May 25, 2018, 6:43 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, AA 3MM, UA 1MM

Thanks
DtB
I would agree that an expiry date of 30 June 2019 is what I would have expected.
Mine always renews to the same end date as the GGL card - at least it has done for the last few years.
I don't see why initial qualification should be any different.
Old May 25, 2018, 3:15 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond, Scandic Top Floor
Thanks, will give GGL a call tomorrow when I need to speak to them re my missing bag anyway.

DtB
Old Jun 14, 2018, 4:43 am

Programs: BA Gold-Virgin Gold-Delta MM-Hilton Diamond-Hyatt Globalist-Marriott Gold-IHG Plat Amb-Accor Nobody
As we know, Avios bookings can be cancelled and a refund received without any cost(penalty) for GGL status.

My tier point collection year ends 8th April 2019, but my card says valid until 19th May 2019. Will my ability to cancel without cost be available to me until 8th April or 19th May, knowing I will NOT be re-qualifying for GGL ?
Old Jun 14, 2018, 4:50 am

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by BritBoyInFL
As we know, Avios bookings can be cancelled and a refund received without any cost(penalty) for GGL status.

My tier point collection year ends 8th April 2019, but my card says valid until 19th May 2019. Will my ability to cancel without cost be available to me until 8th April or 19th May, knowing I will NOT be re-qualifying for GGL ?
Something doesn't sound quite right here. Your card should be valid until the end of the month following the month in which your tier point collection year ends so if the latter is April 8th 2019, the card should be valid until May 31st 2019? In any case, your ability to cancel will be until the card expiry date as you are still a member at that tier level until then.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 4:54 am

Programs: BA GGL
Unless there's something greater at foot, there seem to have been a number of typography issues with both GGL and CCR cards. I received my new CCR card in the post yesterday for my next TP year and the expiry date was 4 months away from what should have been... (June instead of September)
Old Jun 14, 2018, 5:08 am

Programs: BA Gold-Virgin Gold-Delta MM-Hilton Diamond-Hyatt Globalist-Marriott Gold-IHG Plat Amb-Accor Nobody
Originally Posted by Mike P
Something doesn't sound quite right here. Your card should be valid until the end of the month following the month in which your tier point collection year ends so if the latter is April 8th 2019, the card should be valid until May 31st 2019? In any case, your ability to cancel will be until the card expiry date as you are still a member at that tier level until then.
I'm too American ... I read '5/19' and think 19th May expiry. But now you have enlightened me it's obviously the end of May 2019 ..... Thanks. That's brilliant news. I'm stocking up on lots of the 1/2 price long haul BA Avios offers for May next year and now I can decide which ones I keep by the end of May next year .... BRILLIANT !
Old Jun 14, 2018, 5:12 am

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by BritBoyInFL
I'm too American ... I read '5/19' and think 19th May expiry. But now you have enlightened me it's obviously the end of May 2019 ..... Thanks. That's brilliant news. I'm stocking up on lots of the 1/2 price long haul BA Avios offers for May next year and now I can decide which ones I keep by the end of May next year .... BRILLIANT !
Ah, that makes more sense! Great, glad that it's worked out well.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 7:10 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Originally Posted by Beaulieu
Unless there's something greater at foot, there seem to have been a number of typography issues with both GGL and CCR cards. I received my new CCR card in the post yesterday for my next TP year and the expiry date was 4 months away from what should have been... (June instead of September)
Has anyone else had this experience? As you say... Is something afoot?

Old Jun 14, 2018, 7:25 am

Programs: BA GGL
I know of two other people who've had the same experience, but don't think either of them post here.

I just phoned up GGL earlier to query the expiry date on mine and they think that it is an error and have sent a query to the loyalty team. I note I have another CCR card now pending on my Exec Club items...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.