Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Guest List beginner's guide

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2016, 12:52 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by KARFA
I think that AA is aware of some GGLs and they do get CK equivalent treatment when on AA. This doesn't seem to be a blanket provision though.
some of us do, others don't.... (but don't worry KARFA, nothing personal.... )
Old Jun 18, 2016, 12:58 pm
CTV

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL
Originally Posted by dylanks
Have you noticed this only on delayed flights or on standard connections? I've not had this experience yet, though my flights have been mostly on-time with AA since reaching GGL.

I will say that in terms of meal preference (eg choice of starter in international F on AA), AA's EXPs definitely received priority over me. Not a big deal either way, I just have nothing to confirm from my experiences at this time!
On Thursday morning, I was met by a CK staff member at LHR T3 as I came up the airbridge from the early AA flight from MIA. On time arrival and ending my journey at LHR. We parked at one of the furthest gates at T3 and I got a buggy ride directly to immigration. Very welcome and probably saved me around 10 minutes ^
Old Jun 18, 2016, 1:58 pm

Programs: QF WP and Lifetime Silver; BA Gold
Thanks dylanks for this super helpful guide. I have recently qualified for GGL for the first time and have found it really useful.

One extra thing I have learnt about GGL. The GGL priority line told me that calls between 6am and midnight go to the Manchester team who are specially trained to handle GGL members. Calls in the middle of the night are sent to Newcastle. I was advised, by the Manchester-based employee who told me this, that complicated requests should therefore be made after 6am and before midnight!

David
Old Jun 18, 2016, 2:17 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by da.....L
One extra thing I have learnt about GGL. The GGL priority line told me that calls between 6am and midnight go to the Manchester team who are specially trained to handle GGL members. Calls in the middle of the night are sent to Newcastle. I was advised, by the Manchester-based employee who told me this, that complicated requests should therefore be made after 6am and before midnight!

David
I think it's 01:00 UK time when the Manchester late shift ends, I've had reason to call them a couple of times recently just before 01:00 UK and they said they were just finishing up for the night.

I don't know how good the NCL team are at handling complex GGL requests.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 2:49 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Oaxaca
I think it's 01:00 UK time when the Manchester late shift ends ...
That's correct, 0100L is the time the Manchester team head home.

Originally Posted by Oaxaca
... I don't know how good the NCL team are at handling complex GGL requests.
Much better than the Indian call centre! I called from the US yesterday (to sort out a mess by AA) and got through to NCL, they were very helpful but not as equipped as the dedicated GGL/Prem team.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 10:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
See, they do care. They don't do that for the rest of us .
It was a pretty remarkable day of uneventful travel:

scheduled: PHX-LAX 06:00-07:27
actual: 05:55-07:37 (slight ATC hold)

scheduled: LAX-JFK 09:00-17:29
actual: 08:55-17:22

scheduled: JFK-LHR 20:15-08:15
actual: 20:10-08:12 (even with a 30+ minute taxi)

scheduled: LHR-ARN 11:25-14:55
actual: 11:22-14:58

Originally Posted by KARFA
As a OWS what oneworld benefits are you not receiving on AA?
The perk where all of your flights are on-time

Originally Posted by da.....L
Thanks dylanks for this super helpful guide. I have recently qualified for GGL for the first time and have found it really useful.

David
Congratulations! And thanks, I'll make a quick update to the guide about 1am to 6am.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 2:08 am

Programs: BA GGL (but soon to lose the GL :-(), IHG Spire Amb, Hilton Dmnd (and pleb/pleb-plus in 1001 others)
Have you noticed this only on delayed flights or on standard connections? I've not had this experience yet, though my flights have been mostly on-time with AA since reaching GGL.

I will say that in terms of meal preference (eg choice of starter in international F on AA), AA's EXPs definitely received priority over me. Not a big deal either way, I just have nothing to confirm from my experiences at this time!
I had either contact with CK or else a ridiculously sycophantic greeting at the gate on my 3 times connecting domestically at LAX this year (1 slightly delayed, but I made it to the next flight before CK found me - they then boarded the plane to greet me and explain they had tried to help me but I was too fast for them), but nothing anywhere else. I'm connecting from TATL Y at JFK in a couple of weeks so we'll see what happens then.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 5:07 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
re CK 'contact', I've had this twice I think - once at JFK where she was at the gate and when I boarded said "I have been looking for you mr chris1979" (well, I had been in the Flagship Lounge as you'd sort of expect) and mumbled along the lines of "I hope everything has been ok".

and then once in LAX coming out of the shower, I was paged and "welcomed" and she wanted to check that everything was ok.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 5:16 am

Programs: BA GGL; Lifetime Gold
"and then once in LAX coming out of the shower, I was paged and "welcomed" and she wanted to check that everything was ok."

Wow, that is going beyond the call of duty - I normally only get that treatment from my GP!
Old Jun 19, 2016, 5:24 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Well, to put a damper on all the enthusiasm ... I have flown 3 flights since qualifying as GGL and I was hardly even looked at, let alone given any special treatment.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 5:25 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
I have had experience of calling BA in the middle of the night (UK time) and the girl I spoke to had no idea how to deal with my request (a Joker and GUF upgrade). I suddenly clicked it was about 4am in the UK (I was in Australia) and told her not to worry. Called back a few hours later and got the "real" GGL team who sorted it for me.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 10:37 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Just to follow up on my previous post regarding Concierge Key, I boarded a really short flight today from LAX and received this onboard prior to departure. Are the Elite Services the same as Concierge Key?

(no prizes for pointing out the spelling mistake).
Old Jun 20, 2016, 11:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by flibbly
I had either contact with CK or else a ridiculously sycophantic greeting at the gate on my 3 times connecting domestically at LAX this year (1 slightly delayed, but I made it to the next flight before CK found me - they then boarded the plane to greet me and explain they had tried to help me but I was too fast for them), but nothing anywhere else. I'm connecting from TATL Y at JFK in a couple of weeks so we'll see what happens then.
Originally Posted by chris1979
re CK 'contact', I've had this twice I think - once at JFK where she was at the gate and when I boarded said "I have been looking for you mr chris1979" (well, I had been in the Flagship Lounge as you'd sort of expect) and mumbled along the lines of "I hope everything has been ok".

and then once in LAX coming out of the shower, I was paged and "welcomed" and she wanted to check that everything was ok.
Originally Posted by golfmad
Just to follow up on my previous post regarding Concierge Key, I boarded a really short flight today from LAX and received this onboard prior to departure. Are the Elite Services the same as Concierge Key?

(no prizes for pointing out the spelling mistake).
Hmmm... not my experience at all...

Originally Posted by mikebg
Well, to put a damper on all the enthusiasm ... I have flown 3 flights since qualifying as GGL and I was hardly even looked at, let alone given any special treatment.
That's more my experience so far with AA (12 flights so far as GGL). I guess it's possible that AA hasn't synced up with BA yet. Either way, not a big deal really, other than to observe very different experiences.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 12:51 am

Programs: EBD, BAEC GGL/CCR, Alitalia AlataPlus, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Plat100, HHD
That's more my experience so far with AA (12 flights so far as GGL). I guess it's possible that AA hasn't synced up with BA yet. Either way, not a big deal really, other than to observe very different experiences.
Same here, but I qualified in January...
Had 5 legs with AA earlier in June including out/in from LAX and no contact at all. Not that I really needed it, but just a data point!
Old Jun 26, 2016, 10:56 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Another data point for GGLs getting AA Concierge Key service. Arrived at JFK T8 this week having had various delays, and a missed connection rebooked, turning a scheduled 3.5 hour connection for the TATL (on AA) into less than 40 mins. CK staff waiting for me at aircraft door and whisked me to the other gate and straight onto the aircraft.

I know T8 well enough that as it turned out I would have had enough time to make the connection by myself, but it was nice to know that they'd been tracking my tortoise-like progress across the US that day and had let the gate staff for the TATL know that they would be bringing me over. Made that last connection stress-free.

As an aside, was interesting to note at DCA that I was the only person who got "upgraded" to domestic F, ahead of all the AA pax. Now it wasn't strictly an upgrade, as it was a rebooking due to a missed connection on which I was previously ticketed in F. When they rebooked me, only Y was available on the new flight so they booked that and put me on standby for F. In practice this showed me at the top of the upgrade list at the gate, and this cleared. Didn't hear anyone else called up before boarding. I don't know if this was down to me being originally ticketed in F or in some way related to status. Will also be interested to see what TPs I get for that sector..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.