Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Guest List beginner's guide

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2016, 8:42 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
I feared that might be the correct response!
Don't be put off by those who frequently chirp up to criticise BA in response to legitimate requests for help. Try the CCBs yourself and then decide if you feel they are worth visiting. I quite like the CCB and CCDR concept and have enjoyed my time in them. Give them a go and form your own view.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 10:43 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
I'm pretty new to GGL and so still working out the perks so apologies if this has been clarified elsewhere.

I'm flying QR F from DXB to DOH in a couple of weeks. I know that CCR access is not available when flying OW partners, but does this restriction extend to the new CCBs? As these facilities are located within lounges, I wondered if the rules might be applied differently.

Would I get access to the CCB in the BA lounge at DXB when flying on QR (and, by way of extension, would this also be true when flying CX or QF in SIN - another common travel pattern of mine). Does class of travel make a difference in such circumstances?

Cheers.
QR has a great new lounge in DXB. I couldn't imagine doing anything other than heading straight for it. I think its at least as nice as the QR LHR lounge (which I generally consider to be better than the CCR).
Old Sep 24, 2016, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by sts603
QR has a great new lounge in DXB. I couldn't imagine doing anything other than heading straight for it. I think its at least as nice as the QR LHR lounge (which I generally consider to be better than the CCR).
Fabulous. Last time I was at DXB it was still being fitted out. Will see it in a few weeks - I'm sure it will be excellent ^
Old Sep 24, 2016, 10:56 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Don't be put off by those who frequently chirp up to criticise BA in response to legitimate requests for help. Try the CCBs yourself and then decide if you feel they are worth visiting. I quite like the CCB and CCDR concept and have enjoyed my time in them. Give them a go and form your own view.
I really don't frequently criticise BA.

I fly enough with BA (on BA metal) to readily earn my CCR card every year. I'm no BA hater. But I don't think the CCB concept works. I've been to SIN and DXB a number of times and to my mind they are smaller versions of the main lounge, with marginally better booze. Nothing more.

If they served LPGS, had a barman, etc. then it would be great. As it stands, they aren't well executed. I fly out of SIN 6-8 times a year on BA and I generally use the main BA lounge or the QF lounge. The CCB offers pretty much no added value.

I will say that the CCDR at IAD is nice.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 3:28 pm

I was charged a service to make a cash booking over the phone.

Reading the guide, it seems that no service fees are charged on redemption bookings and changes.

I though there were no service fees at all for GGLs. Am I mistaken? If so, it was correct for BA to charge the fee?

Thanks.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 4:28 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Davidjonesk
I was charged a service to make a cash booking over the phone.

Reading the guide, it seems that no service fees are charged on redemption bookings and changes.

I though there were no service fees at all for GGLs. Am I mistaken? If so, it was correct for BA to charge the fee?

Thanks.
Yes that's normal. There is a £5 booking fee for cash tickets purchased by phone. Fees for reward flights are waived however.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 6:00 am

Smug post

Am I allowed a "feeling slightly smug" post?

My account changed over this morning following a flight on Sunday.

Now I just have to get on and spend my first 2 jokers before November 8th when my year rolls.

But I'm not sure if I'm feeling smug or exhausted given my company travel policy of WTP (admittedly topped up with a run to Australia in J and a few ex-eus).

Still - I won't do this again next year - so I'll enjoy the CCR while I can and if I make 3000TPs - great.
Attached Images  
Old Nov 1, 2016, 6:25 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Well done MPH1980. Who knew people qualified as GGL/CCR without going to Hawaii?

See you in the CCR soon
Old Nov 3, 2016, 3:28 pm
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Is the Hilton Diamond status benefit a one time thing, or something you can request each year you retain GGL status?
Old Nov 3, 2016, 3:46 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by gms
Is the Hilton Diamond status benefit a one time thing, or something you can request each year you retain GGL status?
I've not used that GGL benefit as I'm Diamond anyway but my guess would be that it would apply each year you're GGL. This is unlike the benefit from AMEX Platinum where I believe it's the first year only.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 3:49 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes you can do it every year, although like golfmad I am a Hilton Hhore and have qualified anyway.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 3:51 pm
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by gms
It can be renewed. Worth keeping a close eye on the date as I think BA send a list to Hilton monthly. It is possible to drop from Diamond for a short period, with all the misery that entails! It happened to me once and the staff at the (now demolished) Basel Hilton took some pleasure in denying me lounge access by applying 'Ze rules".
Old Nov 3, 2016, 10:17 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by MPH1980

But I'm not sure if I'm feeling smug or exhausted given my company travel policy of WTP (admittedly topped up with a run to Australia in J and a few ex-eus).
That is impressive. A fair recompense for enduring that much travel.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 1:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I've now got "gold upgrade 1" x2 (on top of my gold upgrade 2)

Error or have I somehow picked up two separate ones with 4105 TP?
Old Nov 11, 2016, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
At 2500 TPs, you get 1 GUF2.
At 3500 TPs, you get 2 GUF1s.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.