Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Guest List beginner's guide

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2021, 9:55 am

Programs: BA GGLFL, EK Gold
Originally Posted by Billywedlockflier
Just logged into account after latest update and there is no longer reference to GGL and the lifetime GGL is no longer there. Looks like they have got rid of it.
To add to the comment #1991 from Tobias-UK, the app on my iPhone is still showing GGL etc. I've noticed that the gold block with the barcode in the centre of the screen on the 'My account' tab has changed my name to Mr John Smith until I touch it, at which point it displays my actual name and EC number. Perhaps this was always the case and I just hadn't noticed - doesn't matter, anyway.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 10:25 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NRGsaver
... I've noticed that the gold block with the barcode in the centre of the screen on the 'My account' tab has changed my name to Mr John Smith until I touch it, at which point it displays my actual name and EC number. Perhaps this was always the case and I just hadn't noticed - doesn't matter, anyway.
It's always been like that
Old Nov 21, 2021, 8:04 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
Hi, Could someone please PM me the international phone number for GGL please?
Thanks
Old Nov 22, 2021, 11:44 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Now I can get back in, I notice there is a separate partner card nominees list for nominating people for cards. Previously you picked from people on the F&F list. This is definately an improvement, especially if the partner card list is not subject to the issues with restricted amendments which the F&F list had.

I may try using it to nominate someone in the next day or so - wish me luck

Old Nov 23, 2021, 9:52 am

Programs: Mucci; BA, LT GGL; QF, platinum; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Lolbert
Hi, Could someone please PM me the international phone number for GGL please?
Thanks
I have been trying the new number for a couple of days (since I presume they have closed Didsbury!). I am now on hold for the 4th time for 20min and am about to give up. Anyone else having problems?

I wanted to start travelling again after being thrown out of Oz on 19 Mar 20!!!!
Old Nov 23, 2021, 10:20 am

Programs: BA GGL. Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
Wait time for GGL line appears to be between 25 - 40 mins at the moment. I cannot imagine what the wait time for a non priority line is!!
morges1 and Ramos like this.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 1:42 pm

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by morges1
I have been trying the new number for a couple of days (since I presume they have closed Didsbury!). I am now on hold for the 4th time for 20min and am about to give up. Anyone else having problems?

I wanted to start travelling again after being thrown out of Oz on 19 Mar 20!!!!
Lolz. Missed you by a day - I was sent packing on the 18th. Got photos of my completely on my own at the Opera House.

Crazy to think back then I thought it was a massive over-reaction!
Old Nov 23, 2021, 6:43 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Also I had no issue with taking three through LHR F Wing into lounge last week and then moving over to CCR with one guest.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by LHRagain
Wait time for GGL line appears to be between 25 - 40 mins at the moment. I cannot imagine what the wait time for a non priority line is!!
Didsbury is alive and well. Apparently.- for those of us outside the UK,, the number has changed to a 0207 London number! So this morning (0830 UK time) I got straight through and used a joker to get to MIA en route to Costa Rica in late January. Wow, Didsbury call centre, use of jokers, checking seats on Expertflyer, - life is getting normalised!

The only problem I have now is with the "upgraded" website. It says sorry wrong username or password each time I try to log in - I have to change my password to the same one and then it works!!
Old Nov 24, 2021, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Lolz. Missed you by a day - I was sent packing on the 18th. Got photos of my completely on my own at the Opera House.

Crazy to think back then I thought it was a massive over-reaction!
Fancy missing you in SYD - we could have had the odd glass of Four Pillars and tonic! We were lucky - a couple of days later, it was a mess! Loks as though we won't get back until next year, although my project in AUS and PNG looks as though it's hit the rocks (no pun intended!). See my post above for current BA issues!
Wozza2404 likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 3:02 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA
Now I can get back in, I notice there is a separate partner card nominees list for nominating people for cards. Previously you picked from people on the F&F list. This is definately an improvement, especially if the partner card list is not subject to the issues with restricted amendments which the F&F list had.

Hmmm I just had a look and see the same. However, it seems my Household Account has disappeared.....

One hand gives, the other takes away I guess it may come back in a few days.

My 'Family and Friends' list is still intact.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 6:24 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by KARFA

I was feeling brave and just successfully nominated someone for a partner card! The nominee now receives an email with a link to accept the offer, and clicking the link actions the upgrade - so it's not an instant status change as it used to be. (FWIW the person was previously on my F&F list, moved easily onto the new nominee list; haven't had a go at nominating a completely new person yet)
crazyarmadillo and KARFA like this.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 6:29 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SleepySynapse
I was feeling brave and just successfully nominated someone for a partner card! The nominee now receives an email with a link to accept the offer, and clicking the link actions the upgrade - so it's not an instant status change as it used to be. (FWIW the person was previously on my F&F list, moved easily onto the new nominee list; haven't had a go at nominating a completely new person yet)
Same experience here, I nominated someone this week. As you say previously they got an email to advise the change of status and it happened straight away, but they told me this time they had to accept the offer via the email first.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 11:06 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Well - this BA tech upgrade seems to be the gift that keeps on giving in certain instances! Just got the below through:

As a Gold Guest List Member who’s reached the extraordinary milestone of 9,000 Tier Points, we are marking your achievement, with the choice of a reward, once more.

Which of these rewards is the best one for you?
  • A 50,000 Avios bonus to spend on flights, or anything else you like
  • A cabin upgrade voucher for two, so you can treat yourself and a lucky guest
  • An extra Gold Guest List Redemption Reward – book up to five seats on any flight

Once you’ve decided, simply call your Priority Assistance line, and we’ll make it happen.

While I will admit to reaching 8K TP's in 1yr, 9K has eluded me, and it definitely hasn't been possible during a pandemic!

Pilot37
Geordie405 likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 11:24 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Well, it's interesting that my wife and I both received the same e-mail as you Pilot37

We're both Gold and we both managed just shy of 2800 TPs this year. She did exceed 9000 lifetime TPs which is what we thought may have triggered the mail, but clearly not.

Clearly this is something stemming from the recent BAEC upgrade. I'd definitely appreciate the upgrade voucher although I doubt we'll get it
flyerkit and Pilot37 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.