Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Guest List beginner's guide

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2021, 2:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by KARFA
1) your only option is a FTV and this will be for the same people on the booking originally - i.e. when you come to make a new booking it would have to be for the same people
How would an FTV work on an Avios booking?
Old Apr 13, 2021, 2:15 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by KSVVZ2015
How would an FTV work on an Avios booking?
Same as a cash one, part refund of avios and cash from the booking, held on the FTV for use towards a new reward booking.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 2:25 am
Suspended

Same as a cash one, part refund of avios and cash from the booking, held on the FTV for use towards a new reward booking.
I learn something new every day. Didn't know those existed. So under my hypothetical - if I cancelled the return after the outbound I'd get an FTV with validity ~12 months with like 60K Avios and 400 GBP or what not OR would I get like 20K Avios and 120 GBP in the name of each passenger?
Old Apr 13, 2021, 2:58 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I learn something new every day. Didn't know those existed. So under my hypothetical - if I cancelled the return after the outbound I'd get an FTV with validity ~12 months with like 60K Avios and 400 GBP or what not OR would I get like 20K Avios and 120 GBP in the name of each passenger?
FTV is valid till 30 Apr 2023, so you'll get an extension on your party flown joker for another 2 years - handy if you want to bury expiring GUF/2-for-1/joker... it has limitations mentioned by KARFA - has to be used for same pax as on original booking though.
Old May 9, 2021, 5:57 am

Hi everyone, one quick question regarding using GUF, is it possible to use GUF for 1 person for bookings with more than 1 people? Or do I need to separate the booking to get one person upgraded? Tia
Old May 9, 2021, 6:07 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Still
Hi everyone, one quick question regarding using GUF, is it possible to use GUF for 1 person for bookings with more than 1 people? Or do I need to separate the booking to get one person upgraded? Tia
you would need to split the booking to do that unfortunately- and that may have implications for seat selection and baggage allowance if you end up with one of the bookings not having someone with status.

generally everyone on a booking must be on the same flights and in the same cabin, so if you upgrade you all have to do it.
Old May 9, 2021, 7:02 am

you would need to split the booking to do that unfortunately- and that may have implications for seat selection and baggage allowance if you end up with one of the bookings not having someone with status.

generally everyone on a booking must be on the same flights and in the same cabin, so if you upgrade you all have to do it.
This what I thought as well but wasn’t sure of it. Thanks KARFA for confirming this.
Old May 9, 2021, 3:43 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Has anyone had any luck recently with a gold priority reward (double avios) booking and getting BA to price without using the new and highly unattractive high avios, £1 tax option for Europe travel? GGL are telling me this is only the only option now so am being quoted 50k avios + £1 taxes for 2 people, one way to Faro in economy! They used to be able to get the old flight saver pricing (£17.5 + avios) but they are refusing now.
Old May 10, 2021, 12:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Bamboozle
Has anyone had any luck recently with a gold priority reward (double avios) booking and getting BA to price without using the new and highly unattractive high avios, £1 tax option for Europe travel? GGL are telling me this is only the only option now so am being quoted 50k avios + £1 taxes for 2 people, one way to Faro in economy! They used to be able to get the old flight saver pricing (£17.5 + avios) but they are refusing now.
what’s the Avios difference?
Old May 10, 2021, 1:40 am

Programs: BA GGL
what’s the Avios difference?
It’s 51,000 avios +£1 versus 33,000 + £35 so you are essentially spending an additional 18,000 avios to save £34.
Old May 10, 2021, 2:02 am
Suspended

It’s 51,000 avios +£1 versus 33,000 + £35 so you are essentially spending an additional 18,000 avios to save £34.
Yes that’s absurd.
Old May 10, 2021, 5:16 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
My last attempt was in March 2020 so not recent. Although they tried the £1 tax one, I didn't have to insist long to get back to the £25 tax version in club.
Old May 10, 2021, 5:43 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Ask them to dig out an email regarding GPR, the email says if customer is not happy with the full avios pricing, they should offer standard avios pricing. System offers them only one option - 2 * (highest avios) + £0.50 fee, but they can still process manually the 2 * (standard avios) + £17.50 option.
KARFA and wmaciej like this.
Old May 10, 2021, 1:01 pm

Some datapoint maybe Just had a redemption for LHR-FAO with an AMEX241(expiring soon) today, was only given £0.5 option, which was not expected but saved a few quid in taxes and some avios with 241 voucher.
Old May 10, 2021, 1:06 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by megaloman
Ask them to dig out an email regarding GPR, the email says if customer is not happy with the full avios pricing, they should offer standard avios pricing. System offers them only one option - 2 * (highest avios) + £0.50 fee, but they can still process manually the 2 * (standard avios) + £17.50 option.
I second this. Please report back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.