Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Guest List beginner's guide

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2023, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by GinFizz
Bonus question: Given that I will drop to either Gold or Silver, it is even worth trying this? As in, will one of the regular BAEC staff even be able to process a change to a GGL redemption booking?
That is a good point. While you can clearly make a GGL redemption booking for travel after you lose GGL status - can you actually change it, given you can no longer use the GGL line. You would probably also need to pay the £35 fee pp to change/cancel anyway.

I am interested in the rest of your question - as to the degree of changes that can be made to "last years" GGL redemption. I am sure I have changed the airport (within same country), but would like to know if pax names/numbers can be changed.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 3:55 am

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, GFL
Originally Posted by zen100
That is a good point. While you can clearly make a GGL redemption booking for travel after you lose GGL status - can you actually change it, given you can no longer use the GGL line. You would probably also need to pay the £35 fee pp to change/cancel anyway.

I am interested in the rest of your question - as to the degree of changes that can be made to "last years" GGL redemption. I am sure I have changed the airport (within same country), but would like to know if pax names/numbers can be changed.
The GGL team would have to deal with the booking as no one else is trained in Space Release bookings. You’d call them first and let them know you want to make a change to a booking containing one.

Do GPR ones incur a £35 fee for double Avios bookings? Can’t see why a space release one would if that’s the case with those.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 4:32 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by AdBoy
The GGL team would have to deal with the booking as no one else is trained in Space Release bookings. You’d call them first and let them know you want to make a change to a booking containing one.

Do GPR ones incur a £35 fee for double Avios bookings? Can’t see why a space release one would if that’s the case with those.
GPR have no fee to change/cancel, but a standard Avios booking for a non GGL would. So this would be down to the interpretation of the GGL agent as to whether the £35 fee would be payable once OP is no longer GGL.

Coming back to the original question, I would email the GGL team with your question. I can't imagine you wouldn't be allowed to make a change to an existing booking with a space release attached just because your GGL status has dropped - but getting that in writing whilst still GGL would secure the matter.
crazy8534 and zen100 like this.
Old Aug 2, 2023, 4:07 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Is there any better feeling than......
A perfectly timed Gold card nomination..... ?

ENTP likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 11:24 am

Programs: BA GGL
Hi, sorry to ask but would someone mind sending me a DM with the GGL email address. No idea why they can't make it available on the app or portal. Thanks a lot!!
crazy8534 likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 2:01 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by flyinirish
Hi, sorry to ask but would someone mind sending me a DM with the GGL email address. No idea why they can't make it available on the app or portal. Thanks a lot!!
DM sent
flyinirish likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2023, 1:20 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life
Originally Posted by crazy8534
DM sent
Would you mind doing the same for me? I'd never heard of this email service before, but it sounds like a good way of getting answers to complex questions without spending hours on the 'phone.

Thanks
stewaran and crazy8534 like this.
Old Aug 14, 2023, 4:46 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Honors Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Gold
Likewise. Can someone DM the the GGL email please.

I don't understand why this isn't given when you make GGL from the start unless I've missed the small print somewhere.

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 14, 2023, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Sifu
Likewise. Can someone DM the the GGL email please.

I don't understand why this isn't given when you make GGL from the start unless I've missed the small print somewhere.

Thanks in advance!
The GGL e-mail is usually provided by GGL agents on the phone to GGL members when you would like to e-mail them something rather than being available on the GGL log-in page or the welcome e-mail.
PM on it's way.
Sifu likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2023, 3:25 am

Programs: United GS, BAEC GGL, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by flyinirish
Hi - would also appreciate a DM of this please as i'm now GGL from today
Old Aug 21, 2023, 8:09 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Honors Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Gold
Originally Posted by Jpm81
Hi - would also appreciate a DM of this please as i'm now GGL from today
DM sent.
Jpm81 likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2023, 8:56 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
I would also like a DM with this if possible.

One other question - I qualified for GGL for first time in October last year. Joker showed up in account. TP year ends in January. Come first week of January the joker dropped out of the account as I didn't use it (family health issues meant the planned bookings just weren't important in Q4).

I wanted to ask - is this correct? Should I have had a joker for 3 months then it goes without a new one coming in until I fully re-qualify - or should I have had a new one come first week of January in the 'carry over' year and then another when I hit 3k tier points?
Old Sep 5, 2023, 9:03 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
jokers don't show on your account online.

However, you should have two when you first qualified to use up to 8 January 2023. Any that wew not used by 8 January 2023 are lost. Come 9 January 2023 in your new year you would have two new jokers to use during your current membership year.
guytp likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2023, 2:55 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
A question for you all. Mrs Firstlight's year ended yesterday and while she has immensely enjoyed being GGL (we both qualified using a number of double tp BAH trips and reduced thresholds) she did not receive enough tier points to maintain it although she managed to more than comfortably retain gold. On her account this morning I see the following. Without wanting to get her hopes up is it possible she has been extended on an ex-gratia basis or is it just BA's IT hasn't yet caught up with her demotion. (I would assume if she has been extended then the card expiry will update later)
Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 9, 2023, 3:03 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
No, what it shows is correct. Her previous membership year has just finished and her new year runs until Sep 24. Status, however, continues until the end of the month after the membership year ends - so she is GGL until 31 Oct 23, after which she will drop to Gold (based on TPs acquired in the last year).
firstlight likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.