Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options for the Galleries First Lounge (Flounge) in LHR Terminals 3 and 5. This lounge is open to BAEC Gold and oneworld Emerald card holders. Passengers flying BA on a First ticket can also use the Concorde Room. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey. Click here to see the former thread, which covered that turbulent period.

The T3 lounge is identical to T5 in terms of food and drink options. However there is no Concorde Room in T3 so from 18:30 hrs there is a pre-flight dining option for First travellers, see here for more details.

The current catering options in the First lounge can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. Currently lounge menus are not always on display in the lounge, but this link may be your best bet to see the options.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options - T3 and T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2018, 12:10 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
This morning, the vintage Henriot had been replaced with NV Castelnau. Manager told me they were having supplier problems, and directed waiter to bring me a glass of Taittinger (NV), which they are obviously keeping behind for difficult customers.
MrPrice16 likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Just seen 3 burgers ordered and all came on the standard round plates rather than the wooden tray thing.

Ice cream is in little tubs.

Champagne is Jacquart.

Only just noticed that the horses seem to be boy horses.

To cap it all, Boots and WHSmith don't have any Diet Pepsi

Last edited by xenole; Apr 21, 2018 at 10:20 am
Old Apr 21, 2018, 1:30 pm

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
GF buffet seems to match what used to be served in GC 3-4 years ago. It fills a hole but it is rarely anything to get excited about. I am sure I had a few decent meals last year.

My greatest fear is that BA are confirming foreigners prejudices of British cooking. Particularly the awful BA burger.
hugolover likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Worcester
GF buffet seems to match what used to be served in GC 3-4 years ago. It fills a hole but it is rarely anything to get excited about. I am sure I had a few decent meals last year.

My greatest fear is that BA are confirming foreigners prejudices of British cooking. Particularly the awful BA burger.

Exactly. As I keep saying, they all moved down one. Can you imagine there was a time when GF has macarons? Now you are more likely to find those in LOT’s Warsaw lounge then in the premium Oasis of Calm.
nivsy likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by xenole
Just seen 3 burgers ordered and all came on the standard round plates rather than the wooden tray thing.

Ice cream is in little tubs.

Champagne is Jacquart.

Only just noticed that the horses seem to be boy horses.

To cap it all, Boots and WHSmith don't have any Diet Pepsi
Both champagnes? Earlier this week the NV was Taittinger and the Rosé was Jacquart. Interesting change if so!
Old Apr 22, 2018, 4:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by flashware
Both champagnes? Earlier this week the NV was Taittinger and the Rosé was Jacquart. Interesting change if so!
Yes, both.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 5:42 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Worcester
This. I've been gold a couple of years myself, but last time in, the limited choices and what they were matched my complete sense of underwhelming when I first went into GC back when I was silver. With cake for dessert. Better breakfast though, nothing can be worse than the bullet bacon roll.
hugolover likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
When I first started using the Galleries First lounge at T5 regularly in 2010, I remember most hot items on the buffet were individual dishes, not big trays of slop.

The Galleries First and Club lounges at LHR (and LGW for that matter) are so far behind most other major airlines' flagship lounges in terms of catering it's embarrassing.

Over the last few years, the quality of what is on offer has decreased dramatically, as well as choices being reduced (eg. no desserts to order in Galleries First).
SW7London and hugolover like this.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 6:23 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Snapshot from 2012, when Compass was responsible for the F&B...

BA Lounge Focus | LHR T5 Galleries First
Old Apr 22, 2018, 6:47 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Prospero
Snapshot from 2012, when Compass was responsible for the F&B...

BA Lounge Focus | LHR T5 Galleries First
In other words, relatively has changed, some things are gone but other items have replaced them. Including Parmesan cheese.

HIDDY likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Relatively little? LOL
Old Apr 25, 2018, 7:58 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
There is a yummy pop up/guest stand in GF close to the wine bar. It is from Belazu and they are sampling various olives, artichokes and sun dried tomatoes. They have large bags of nuts to take away. It’s worth popping by. Don’t know how long they'll be here - they weren’t around when we passed through earlier this month.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 8:06 am

Programs: BA Silver - hard drop from GGL :( SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AC E50k
Originally Posted by MrsW
There is a yummy pop up/guest stand in GF close to the wine bar. It is from Belazu and they are sampling various olives, artichokes and sun dried tomatoes. They have large bags of nuts to take away. It’s worth popping by. Don’t know how long they'll be here - they weren’t around when we passed through earlier this month.
Wasn’t there when I was there about a week ago either. Will check when I am there with my 2yo toddler in tow tomorrow. Apologise in advance if she will eat all the artichokes:-)
Old Apr 25, 2018, 1:44 pm

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
This is some of what was on display.

Old Apr 26, 2018, 4:35 am

Programs: BA Silver - hard drop from GGL :( SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AC E50k
The nuts display is nowhere to be seen, but on the balcony, there is a stand called “Tom’s Pies” who is getting ready. Looks nice, hopefully I can sample some before leaving for my flight...
EDIT: They are here, just waited until lunch to set up. They have taken over the normal champagne bar by the dining area , not sure where the bubbly went...

Last edited by LondonCanuck; Apr 26, 2018 at 5:19 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.