Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options

Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options for the Galleries First Lounge (Flounge) in LHR Terminals 3 and 5. This lounge is open to BAEC Gold and oneworld Emerald card holders. Passengers flying BA on a First ticket can also use the Concorde Room. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey. Click here to see the former thread, which covered that turbulent period.

The T3 lounge is identical to T5 in terms of food and drink options. However there is no Concorde Room in T3 so from 18:30 hrs there is a pre-flight dining option for First travellers, see here for more details.

The current catering options in the First lounge can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. Currently lounge menus are not always on display in the lounge, but this link may be your best bet to see the options.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options - T3 and T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options

Old Aug 30, 2022, 4:30 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by BJ787
All bottled water has been done away with in GF (Presumably upstairs too), it's all from a couple of fancy Brita taps next to the coffee stations now so remember to take a bottle if you usually leave with a couple! sods law I forgot mine the first time I needed it.
Yes sorry I forgot to mention that in my post above, I almost got caught out, save for my partner who'd packed an empty plastic bottle which we filled at the new water fountains. There aren't nearly enough of them though. They should get those Amex thermos bottles which were handed out to cardholders at various festivals over the summer, they're really handy!
BJ787 likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 7:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Amex Plat
The First lounge (Gold) feels less premium to me than AAs Flagship (Silver). Am I alone?
GLA and mrow like this.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by destone
The First lounge (Gold) feels less premium to me than AAs Flagship (Silver). Am I alone?
I was in the GF lounge yesterday and JFK's AA Flagships lounge with a meal in the First Class dining room and all things considered AA's lounge at least in NY was better.

I didn't realize I was able to use this lounge, but the woman greeting people up the escalator looked at my boarding pass and said "oh Emerald, you can use the Galleries First Lounge and bring your companion. We were flying CW.

We had 2 hours until our 5;05 PM flight to SFO. We found seats easily, it was busy but still open areas. The food was decent, they had the burger bar, tea sandwiches, salad, a Laksa Soup station and pastries. The bars looked great, we had latte's. The food was good, bland but suited our needs

While in JFK for our layover flying AA to LHR. we had a much better experience. The first class dining had a great selection, served us warm cornbread that was amazing to start and I had the tartare and my partner had the burger, both great. the buffet in their lounge also is much more substantial. The ambiance was better at the GF for BA.

Our flight didn't meet my expectations or match AA"s business or first service.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 1:44 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
We had very fresh American style pancakes and a bacon muffin this morning around 5:30. I was impressed, maybe because things had been cooked to order. I tried all 4 variations for the password but none of them worked, it's a different word now!
Old Sep 2, 2022, 4:19 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
They're similar levels, depends on your choice of food IMO. You don't get table service in flagship. It's definitely above Gallery.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 4:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Pack
They're similar levels, depends on your choice of food IMO. You don't get table service in flagship. It's definitely above Gallery.
Exactly my point they shouldnt be similar levels when one is Gold/Emerald and the other is Silver/Sapphire.

Qantas First Class (Gold/Emerald) at LAX easily beats GF. Its more akin to Concorde Room.

I think the crux of the issue is that there are way too many Golds at any one time at LHR and thats why BA is unable to offer a Concorde Room level service to all Golds.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 6:54 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Exactly my point they shouldnt be similar levels when one is Gold/Emerald and the other is Silver/Sapphire.

Qantas First Class (Gold/Emerald) at LAX easily beats GF. Its more akin to Concorde Room.

I think the crux of the issue is that there are way too many Golds at any one time at LHR and thats why BA is unable to offer a Concorde Room level service to all Golds.
I honestly think the QF F lounge in LAX is better than the CCR, and significantly above Galleries First. We managed to use the QF F lounge twice in the last month and its a real treat.
mrow likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by alex67500
I tried all 4 variations for the password but none of them worked, it's a different word now!
What is this months password? It appears to be different from the wifi password now.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 1:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by Genius1
What is this months password? It appears to be different from the wifi password now.
And how does one get it?

I haven't been in there since 2019, but will be there several times next month for breakfast. I don't suppose it's possible to get a full English breakfast any more?
Old Sep 3, 2022, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Grace B
And how does one get it?

I haven't been in there since 2019, but will be there several times next month for breakfast. I don't suppose it's possible to get a full English breakfast any more?
The password is displayed in the lounge. There is a full breakfast.
Grace B likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
It was lasvegas in august and you can pretty much make yourself a full English from the buffet area
Old Sep 3, 2022, 4:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
What's the Sept menu looking like? Dinner time SH tomorrow and I'm wondering if I eat in the lounge or [insert tasty T5 restaurant name of choice]
Old Sep 3, 2022, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TPRun
What's the Sept menu looking like?
Waiting for somebody to post the current password so we can check! It's no longer lasvegas, and doesn't appear to be any of the previously used passwords.
TPRun likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 5:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Originally Posted by Genius1
Waiting for somebody to post the current password so we can check!
We may be setting ourselves up for an anti-climax...
Genius1 likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 6:04 am

Programs: BA Gold
i just checked the BA app and it's states password for Sept is (still) Lasvegas (it doesnt work when trying to view menus)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.