Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options for the Galleries First Lounge (Flounge) in LHR Terminals 3 and 5. This lounge is open to BAEC Gold and oneworld Emerald card holders. Passengers flying BA on a First ticket can also use the Concorde Room. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey. Click here to see the former thread, which covered that turbulent period.

The T3 lounge is identical to T5 in terms of food and drink options. However there is no Concorde Room in T3 so from 18:30 hrs there is a pre-flight dining option for First travellers, see here for more details.

The current catering options in the First lounge can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. Currently lounge menus are not always on display in the lounge, but this link may be your best bet to see the options.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options - T3 and T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2018, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
On my visit on Friday it was the first time I've seen the burgers served in boxes (wooden boxes, not cardboard) in LHR, but I remember them doing that at LGW.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 3:30 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Scottich Salmon?
Old Mar 5, 2018, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by Smid
Scottich Salmon?
Maybe it is pished?
Old Mar 6, 2018, 9:06 am

This is going to be a very silly question but please bear with me as i don't know much about this flying lark like you laidies and gentleman, but whats the point of Galleries First?

If you travel First you go to Concorde Lounge and if you travel Club World you go to Galleries Club.

So why go to GF at all?
Old Mar 6, 2018, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by lighting

So why go to GF at all?
For BA Gold card holders and OneWorld Emerald equivalents who are not travelling BA First.
lighting likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by lighting
If you travel First you go to Concorde Lounge and if you travel Club World you go to Galleries Club.

So why go to GF at all?
Because if you can, it's nicer than Galleries Club.

The first part of the first quoted sentence isn't quite true. If you're inbound to London on a non-BA oneworld flight in first class and outbound from London on a BA flight not in first class, then you're entitled to use Galleries First but not the Concorde Room.
lighting likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 9:19 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Somewhat picky, but one of my disappointments with GF is that I don't fnd "it" (as in the space / tables / chairs / structure) nicer, but the food and drink deffo is .
Old Mar 6, 2018, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser

The first part of the first quoted sentence isn't quite true. If you're inbound to London on a non-BA oneworld flight in first class and outbound from London on a BA flight not in first class, then you're entitled to use Galleries First but not the Concorde Room.
Thank you
Old Mar 6, 2018, 4:18 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, Virgin Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH diamond, IHG Platinum

This was the ham hock salad. It was quite tasty apart from the addition of white anchovies which tasted pickled. 🤢
Old Mar 7, 2018, 1:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by atcer28
This was the ham hock salad. It was quite tasty apart from the addition of white anchovies which tasted pickled. 🤢
I've never really figured out whether anchovy is to be expected in a Caesar salad, so I never order them without checking. The clue here is in the "fish" item in the allergens, but I don't get why you'd mix a perfectly nice sounding and looking ham hock with anchovy... .

But pleased you enjoyed it ^..
Old Mar 10, 2018, 8:22 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, Flying Blue
Galleries first T5 today

Rather disappointed by the offerings of lunch today (13:00) at T5 Galleries First.

A *very* small selection of salad , no other starters, although there are some sort-of-tapas (like hummus and little bits of tortilla).
Mains are 2 types of meat gloop, some chicken wings, and smoked fish arancini. Tried the arancini - almost 100% rice - with a "perfume of
smoked fish" LOL. Parmentier potatoes, rice, jumbo carrot lumps and brocolli, penne pasta (allegedly in a sauce, but its barely noticeble).
No desserts. They have left over breakfast pastries on the counter, plus sandwiches (just the selection of 3 types - why is that???) and
cake and scones.
It seems as though they have aggregated all three meal times and serve them all at once and use components of each to substitute missing elements of others.

What do others think? Am I being over critical?

There are multiple flavours of kettle chips though and the white wine and bubbly is resonably cooled.
The staff are also managing well with clearing and service, but the lounge isn't that busy.
hugolover likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You'll have to post pics, otherwise no one will believe it has happened.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 8:48 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Regards aks120

Raw - not just brown meat - slime and raw!
Be careful of the chicken curry - I sent mine back for having raw chicken last might - the reply was a shrug! It is not just brown chicken meat - the texture and other bits were definitely raw!

i couldn’t find the lounge manager before I had to leave but will email to complain.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 9:38 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by aks120
Be careful of the chicken curry - I sent mine back for having raw chicken last might - the reply was a shrug! It is not just brown chicken meat - the texture and other bits were definitely raw!
Raw chicken is the same as a flesh wound on a human - flesh red marbled pink throughout, Skin would be white-yellow on the outside. If the blood colouring of the flesh has drained out or oxidised then the flesh goes grey and the smell unavoidable. The presence of any red blood in chicken for human consumption is not at all good, though I can't really see it in the photos above, the juices need to be be see-through, with a slightly yellow spectrum. I'm guessing it was very cold or it looked blood red in real life? Photos sometimes don't get the colours right. The smell and taste would be quite acrid or sour too? Either way if you had any doubts it certainly should be reported.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 1:03 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by aks120
Regards aks120...Raw - not just brown meat - slime and raw!

i couldn’t find the lounge manager before I had to leave but will email to complain.
I’ll be honest, that doesn’t look raw to me. But, as CWS says, it may be hard to tell from the pic.

If not raw, I suspect it’s just more likely to be cheap, processed chicken - which you might not be used to or expect in a ‘premium’ lounge...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.