Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2016

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2016, 7:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by nollag
Please share details of the offer
Well it's the QR one that is on the Premium Offers forum. £1000 Italy-Auckland roundtrip. Worth taking to achieve Gold?

I've just come back from NZ, loved it and might consider going back if Gold is really worth over Silver. Since I am new to EC, I thought about asking here.
Old May 9, 2016, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Danusa86
Well it's the QR one that is on the Premium Offers forum. £1000 Italy-Auckland roundtrip. Worth taking to achieve Gold?
If your question is really whether Gold is worth ~£1,000 over Silver, I think most of us would firmly say "No".

However, if you were thinking about going to New Zealand again anyway, and this fare is so low that it's tempting you to do it; and if achieving Gold would be an incidental by-product of that extra trip, then it might be worth it. But that still depends on your normal travel patterns, about which we know nothing - getting Gold would be worth more to some people than to others, simply because they would use more of the benefits during the course of the time that they have Gold.
Old May 9, 2016, 7:26 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond

I've just come back from NZ, loved it and might consider going back if Gold is really worth over Silver. Since I am new to EC, I thought about asking here.
Surely the question is do you want to go to NZ and is it a fare/product you are willing to go with? Beyond that the TPs and promotion to gold is probably secondary?

There is some information on gold benefits in post #4 of this thread, but I don't know whether any of these are of value to you.
Old May 9, 2016, 7:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, Accor Gold
Thank you both. I'd love to go back to NZ and try the world's longest flight. I agree Gold would be secondary but will look into it anyway. I'm currently Gold on AF, AB and TK but looking to consolidate my travels to OW and S*, leaving ST. So it might be worth it.
Old May 9, 2016, 10:14 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....

As others have said I would not pay £1,000 just to get gold, however if you fancy the trip and do not think you will qualify next year for even Silver then you could look at it being Gold for the next full membership year and silver for the year after. As opposed to Silver and then Bronze.
Old May 10, 2016, 5:14 am
jvc

BA TP flying Qatar

DOH-ADL on QR appears to be missing from the BA tier point calculator, while DOH-MEL and DOH-SYD both work fine. Is there something special about the ADL route that means TP are not awarded? Perhaps it is not codeshare? Does it earn TP?

For 160 TP in I/J, I would go via MEL.

*** addendum ***

I see that DOH-ADL on QR was due to commence from 2nd May 2016, which might explain the lack of information on BA tier point calculator. It takes a bit of work to convince the QR website to accept ADL as a destination - on my browser it didn't accept ADL in the destination field, however if you enter the flight search via the route map it is possible.

In theory it should earn TP right?
Old May 10, 2016, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by jvc
DOH-ADL on QR appears to be missing from the BA tier point calculator, while DOH-MEL and DOH-SYD both work fine. Is there something special about the ADL route that means TP are not awarded? Perhaps it is not codeshare? Does it earn TP?

For 160 TP in I/J, I would go via MEL.

*** addendum ***

I see that DOH-ADL on QR was due to commence from 2nd May 2016, which might explain the lack of information on BA tier point calculator. It takes a bit of work to convince the QR website to accept ADL as a destination - on my browser it didn't accept ADL in the destination field, however if you enter the flight search via the route map it is possible.

In theory it should earn TP right?
Yes it should.

I think your theory about why it isn't yet showing on the calculator is correct.
Old May 10, 2016, 11:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
As others have said I would not pay £1,000 just to get gold, however if you fancy the trip and do not think you will qualify next year for even Silver then you could look at it being Gold for the next full membership year and silver for the year after. As opposed to Silver and then Bronze.
I agree.

If you perfect the qualification timing with your membership year start, the soft landing policy gives you worthwhile status for a long period of time. In those circumstances going for Gold might be worth the expenditure.
Old May 11, 2016, 6:11 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by KARFA
BAEC calculators says bronze one way earns 875 avios for R & I, and 1375 for J, C, and D. Silver earns 1000 avios for R & I, and 1500 for J, C, and D.

Your upgraded status to silver wouldn't have been processed in time to automatically be reflected for your DUB-LHR flight, so you will need to call and I believe they will look at crediting any extra avios - i.e. the difference between the 25% and 50% tier bonus.
many thanks.

I will try calling as filling in the online missing avios form, it tells me my ticket number is wrong.
Old May 11, 2016, 6:47 am

Programs: GOLD: AZ....maybe :-P
Thank you both. I'd love to go back to NZ and try the world's longest flight. I agree Gold would be secondary but will look into it anyway. I'm currently Gold on AF, AB and TK but looking to consolidate my travels to OW and S*, leaving ST. So it might be worth it.
I'm not really sure about this but the AKL deal should be sold as R fare. If I well understand this booking class allows you to credit miles only under QR program.

You can check it in the QR sub-forum
Old May 11, 2016, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by KiteM
I'm not really sure about this but the AKL deal should be sold as R fare. If I well understand this booking class allows you to credit miles only under QR program.

You can check it in the QR sub-forum
QR R booking class is creditable to BAEC and shown in the earning tables on ba.com https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...-avios/flights

Where have you seen it stated it can only be credited to QR's own FFP?
Old May 11, 2016, 9:08 am

QR R booking class is creditable to BAEC and shown in the earning tables on ba.com https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...-avios/flights

Where have you seen it stated it can only be credited to QR's own FFP?
Here on the forum.
They were talking about this "new fare" in that terms.
But was nothing official.
For that reason I suggested to check it.

If I can recall the post I will share it.
Old May 11, 2016, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by KiteM
Here on the forum.
They were talking about this "new fare" in that terms.
But was nothing official.
For that reason I suggested to check it.

If I can recall the post I will share it.
Yes, the issue was the new booking class (R) was not on the earning tables for BAEC. It now is as of 1 May.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-business.html
Old May 11, 2016, 9:49 am

Yes, the issue was the new booking class (R) was not on the earning tables for BAEC. It now is as of 1 May.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-business.html
That's a good news ^
Old May 11, 2016, 7:59 pm
c2h

Programs: QR-PLT, AM-Platino, TK-Elite
Hey Guys I have a quick question regarding attaining Silver.

It is a requirement to fly 4 BA flight but is that 4 in total or 4 in addition to the 2 flown to achieve Bronze?

I currently have 725 TPs and 6 BA flights in total but I am still at Bronze. So now I am confused.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.