Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2016

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2016, 1:51 am

Originally Posted by mlc130104
Hi all

I am expecting 40TPs being credited to my account in a couple of days so
only 35TPs are left to complete, which are not that difficult, I guess. Yet, the largest obstacle to Bronze is that I am HKG-based, in which (to my knowledge) BA service limits to HKG-LHR transcontinental flights. It seems not so wise to spend 7k HKD to chase a Bronze Status in BA. Anyone has good idea for economical alternatives for the 2 eligible BA flights for HKG-based flyers?

Thanks
I know for sure you can book SIN-SYD as a standalone without needing a LH connecting flight, but it won't come cheap either. For the fifth-freedom ones, i guess some TAs might be able to book for you but I think it's only possible in the most flex fares which again won't be cheap. If you don't travel much to Europe than it's difficult to maintain BAEC status.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by OWHKG2016
I know for sure you can book SIN-SYD as a standalone without needing a LH connecting flight, but it won't come cheap either. For the fifth-freedom ones, i guess some TAs might be able to book for you but I think it's only possible in the most flex fares which again won't be cheap. If you don't travel much to Europe than it's difficult to maintain BAEC status.
Indeed I have had 3 European trips within a year, yet none of them were carried by BA (2QR 1LH). Now I regret for not flying 2 BA flights when I was in London last week, lol
Old Jun 10, 2016, 4:38 am

Programs: GGL (2021-), BA Emerald (1999-2021), GGL 2021-, SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Soft landing question/verification - to go for gold this year or not?

I've a question regarding soft landing which will help me decide whether to go after a TP run in my current year.

I am Gold today, membership year ends Jan 8. I have 1065TPs. If I do nothing, then I will 'soft-land' to Silver. Will I then need 1500 TPs to push back up to gold? (I think yes, pls confirm). If I then move to Gold say in Mar/April 2017, will I stay gold until Jan 2018 or Jan 2019? (I think 2019 right?)

... if I am correct in the above then :

I can do a TP run before Jan to keep Gold next year - the cost is going to be approx £1100 (DUB-LHR-BOS-NYC rtn).

I'd rather save the £1100 spend and book say an HNL TP say in Mar/Apr next year which will push me into 1500 TPs and lift me back up to gold.

Does this make sense ?
Old Jun 10, 2016, 4:52 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by 62aClubWorld
I am Gold today, membership year ends Jan 8. I have 1065TPs. If I do nothing, then I will 'soft-land' to Silver. Will I then need 1500 TPs to push back up to gold? (I think yes, pls confirm). If I then move to Gold say in Mar/April 2017, will I stay gold until Jan 2018 or Jan 2019? (I think 2019 right?)
If you reach 1500 TPs by 8/Jan/17 you will renew Gold for another year.
If you do not reach 1500 TPs by then, you will soft land to Silver for next year and require 1500 TPs between 9/Jan/17 and 8/Jan/18 which will be for the remainder of the year and all of the next year.

Originally Posted by 62aClubWorld
I can do a TP run before Jan to keep Gold next year - the cost is going to be approx £1100 (DUB-LHR-BOS-NYC rtn).

I'd rather save the £1100 spend and book say an HNL TP say in Mar/Apr next year which will push me into 1500 TPs and lift me back up to gold.
Yes, option #1 would renew for next year, option #2 would mean you are Silver for a few months then renew Gold for almost 2 years.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 5:52 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Rejected TP and Miles claim. What do I do next?

On 5th May I flew CX LHR to HKG in Premium Economy. This has been reflected in my Miles and TPs. I flew on, with KA to PEK. For whatever reason, my BA number was not on the KA ticket. it was clearly on the CX ticket.
I claimed on the BA website for the missing Miles and TP. They have replied....

"Rewards already claimed"

I have checked my statement on the website, and all that is recorded is the LHR to HKG leg. There is no record of HKG to PEK, anywhere in my account.

What do I do next?

Thanks

AO.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Ancient Observer
What do I do next?
My normal route is this webform: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_gb
Old Jun 10, 2016, 6:25 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Globaliser,
thanks for that. I will give it a try.
AO
Old Jun 10, 2016, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Ancient Observer
Rejected TP and Miles claim. What do I do next?

On 5th May I flew CX LHR to HKG in Premium Economy. This has been reflected in my Miles and TPs. I flew on, with KA to PEK. For whatever reason, my BA number was not on the KA ticket. it was clearly on the CX ticket.
I claimed on the BA website for the missing Miles and TP. They have replied....

"Rewards already claimed"

I have checked my statement on the website, and all that is recorded is the LHR to HKG leg. There is no record of HKG to PEK, anywhere in my account.

What do I do next?

Thanks

AO.
Do you have a CX MP/AM account? Have you checked to see if it was credited to that account?
Old Jun 11, 2016, 10:37 am

If my tier point collection year ends on the 15th August whilst I fly a return journey either side of that; which collection year are the tier points put in, or are they split down the middle?
Old Jun 11, 2016, 11:04 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bluegreen2
If my tier point collection year ends on the 15th August whilst I fly a return journey either side of that; which collection year are the tier points put in, or are they split down the middle?
Your TP collection date can't possibly end on the 15th. They all end on the 8th of a month.

However, to your question, your flights credit according to the flight departure date so if you have a booking with flights either side of your anniversary date they will split across your collection years.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 3:23 pm

That's unfortunate as this trip would have pushed me up a level!
I used 15th as an example date as it is in the centre of the month, I couldn't remember the exact date of the collection year other than it was in the middle of my trip.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 3:24 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by KARFA
Your TP collection date can't possibly end on the 15th. They all end on the 8th of a month.

However, to your question, your flights credit according to the flight departure date so if you have a booking with flights either side of your anniversary date they will split across your collection years.
Out of curiosity KARFA, do you happen to know what happens if I have 1480 tier points, then I fly a LAN Y flight 3 days before my tier point year ends, then it doesn't credit before the cut off. Does it get applied to the previous year's total say if it posts 10 days after the flight? And suppose it does not post automatically and I have to chase it up, then posts a month later, do I still retain Gold or do I have to have an argument with BA about it?

It's a bit of an abstract example because if I needed 20 tier points for Gold then I probably would not leave it until the last 3 days and then fly a sloppy airline like LAN. But I am still curious as it could arise in other circumstances.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
Out of curiosity KARFA, do you happen to know what happens if I have 1480 tier points, then I fly a LAN Y flight 3 days before my tier point year ends, then it doesn't credit before the cut off. Does it get applied to the previous year's total say if it posts 10 days after the flight? And suppose it does not post automatically and I have to chase it up, then posts a month later, do I still retain Gold or do I have to have an argument with BA about it?

It's a bit of an abstract example because if I needed 20 tier points for Gold then I probably would not leave it until the last 3 days and then fly a sloppy airline like LAN. But I am still curious as it could arise in other circumstances.
Yes. It will credit to the year in which the flight was flown. What will happen if it posts sometime later (after that year is over) is it will post and then the tier points will be removed shortly thereafter. If it does not post at all you of course will have to chase it up (and remind BAEC that these tier points give you gold status) but BAEC is usually pretty good about late posting when you don't have to chase it up and recognizing when someone has achieved the requisite TPs. See:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...eset-date.html
Even if you don't complete the flights before the 8th, BAEC routinely grants a 2 week extension. See:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ship-year.html
Old Jun 12, 2016, 2:04 am

As I would only be going from Blue to Bronze (160 Tier Points each way = 320), my Blue only has 20 tier points, perhaps it's worth just starting a new account and deleting my old one?
Old Jun 12, 2016, 2:08 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by bluegreen2
As I would only be going from Blue to Bronze (160 Tier Points each way = 320), my Blue only has 20 tier points, perhaps it's worth just starting a new account and deleting my old one?
I do not think they will allow a new account. I think they will simply say that you already have one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.