Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2016

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2016, 4:14 am

I just read that in the Terms and Conditions, ah well. I don't fly that much so it doesn't really matter.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 4:40 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by bluegreen2
I just read that in the Terms and Conditions, ah well. I don't fly that much so it doesn't really matter.
No problem. I tried doing it for my wife to align our dates, but they simply merged the accounts. Interesting that they then altered her dates. She had never credited to it, so maybe that is why they did it.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Got a Amex 241 expiring in Jan. Can I fly NCL-LHR (stop over for a few months) and then continue the journey later in 2017 to make sure that the voucher does not get wasted?
Old Jun 12, 2016, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
No problem. I tried doing it for my wife to align our dates, but they simply merged the accounts. Interesting that they then altered her dates. She had never credited to it, so maybe that is why they did it.
Thanks for your assistance, my plans have changed now and I will be flying out in Club World and returning in WT, so the tier points won't add up to Bronze anyway.

At least it all gets registered in Lifetime Tierpoints though.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 8:27 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by bluegreen2
As I would only be going from Blue to Bronze (160 Tier Points each way = 320), my Blue only has 20 tier points, perhaps it's worth just starting a new account and deleting my old one?
You could close your account and then re-open a new one.

The membership end date will be set once the first flight is credited. BAEC does not alter dates on request.

I also don't understand the need to align dates for couples, a question which gets asked with some frequency. If you always travel together it would be more beneficial to have your dates offset rather than aligned, as then if your travel crosses one end date it would not for the other.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 8:44 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by nux
You could close your account and then re-open a new one.

The membership end date will be set once the first flight is credited. BAEC does not alter dates on request.

I also don't understand the need to align dates for couples, a question which gets asked with some frequency. If you always travel together it would be more beneficial to have your dates offset rather than aligned, as then if your travel crosses one end date it would not for the other.
Agree. Of course at the time, I didn't think of that.

Membership date was set long before the first flight was credited.

Had to time the credit so as not too lose a long period of time.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 9:58 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Membership date was set long before the first flight was credited.
Are you confusing membership date with points collection year? My original membership date is 17 September but I didn't credit a flight until 16 November and my points collection year is thus 9 November to 8 November.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Got a Amex 241 expiring in Jan. Can I fly NCL-LHR (stop over for a few months) and then continue the journey later in 2017 to make sure that the voucher does not get wasted?
Anyone pls? ^
Old Jun 12, 2016, 10:04 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Anyone pls? ^
No you can't. All the outbound flights must take place by the voucher expiry date.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KARFA
No you can't. All the outbound flights must take place by the voucher expiry date.
Ouch.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 10:25 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MADPhil
Are you confusing membership date with points collection year? My original membership date is 17 September but I didn't credit a flight until 16 November and my points collection year is thus 9 November to 8 November.
Maybe, but my collection year has been set for several years without any flights being credited to BA.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 10:30 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Ouch.
You used to be able to do this but the rules changed a few years ago tkstip it.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 10:51 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Maybe, but my collection year has been set for several years without any flights being credited to BA.
It will be instructive to see if anything changes when you do credit a flight, I don't recall whether I had a collection year before my first credit.

Edit: I see you are Silver so you must have credited flights! Did the system change in the meantime?
Old Jun 15, 2016, 3:29 am

Programs: AAdvantage, and BAEC in name only
Moving from the dAArk side - advice please!

So, with the newly introduced minimum spend for status and reduced miles earning on AA I’m considering a move to BA. I’m sure I’m not the first!

I have an upcoming trip CDG-HNL-CDG booked on AA codes and all AA metal.

CDG-JFK Biz I
JFK-LAX Biz D
LAX-HNL 1st P
HNL-DFW 1st P
DFW-CDG Biz I

My knowledge of BAEC is pretty thin but if I transfer this trip to credit my BAEC account I will earn 840TPs? Then once I have 4 BA legs (I can meet this requirement a couple of weeks later) its Silver status until my renewal date (December) plus another year?

I currently use AA credit cards but do have a BA Amex (to get the sign up bonus). I need to read up on the 241 benefits for additional spend but basically I wait up to midnight 355 days out to book a single Biz long-haul redemption then add a second one for free?

I will miss the high miles earning on cheap flights, SWUs some years, regular free upgrades on US domestics and the low fees on redemptions but devaluations and ‘enhancements’ are bound to happen. I’m sure I’ll wince at the fees when redeeming BA miles but it’ll be Biz only long haul so just about bearable.

Any further relevant advice in addition to the questions above would be much appreciated.

Thank you
Old Jun 15, 2016, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by LSunbury
So, with the newly introduced minimum spend for status and reduced miles earning on AA I’m considering a move to BA. I’m sure I’m not the first!

I have an upcoming trip CDG-HNL-CDG booked on AA codes and all AA metal.

CDG-JFK Biz I
JFK-LAX Biz D
LAX-HNL 1st P
HNL-DFW 1st P
DFW-CDG Biz I

My knowledge of BAEC is pretty thin but if I transfer this trip to credit my BAEC account I will earn 840TPs? Then once I have 4 BA legs (I can meet this requirement a couple of weeks later) its Silver status until my renewal date (December) plus another year?
Yes.

I currently use AA credit cards but do have a BA Amex (to get the sign up bonus). I need to read up on the 241 benefits for additional spend but basically I wait up to midnight 355 days out to book a single Biz long-haul redemption then add a second one for free?
Yes.

I will miss the high miles earning on cheap flights, SWUs some years, regular free upgrades on US domestics and the low fees on redemptions but devaluations and ‘enhancements’ are bound to happen. I’m sure I’ll wince at the fees when redeeming BA miles but it’ll be Biz only long haul so just about bearable.

Any further relevant advice in addition to the questions above would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.