Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2016

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2016, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by MrMutton
If it is a straight redemption it will just say "Redemption (-xxxx)" or if it is part pay it says "Avios part-payment Booking Reference: 123ABC Part-payment for flight (-xxxxx)"

No-one in the HHA will be able to see what flights you have booked, but everyone will be able to see a deduction in miles proportional to their share of the total Avios in the pot.
Ahh thank you! That's a relief!
Old Aug 15, 2016, 6:17 am

Programs: Executive Club, Kris, Flying Blue
Hi, I have been searching for this particular question, but have been unable to find anything, so sorry if this has been answered elsewhere.

I am booked on a J Class flight, LHR to SFO in early January. I'm shortly going to be taking some Qantas flights in Australia and to New Zealand (from Melbourne) which will put me into the next BA Tier Level.

My question is, are Avios/Tiers allocated on the Tier Level when you book your ticket or when you physically fly? Obviously flying J there is a fair bit of difference.

Thanks
Old Aug 15, 2016, 6:19 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Hasto
Hi, I have been searching for this particular question, but have been unable to find anything, so sorry if this has been answered elsewhere.

I am booked on a J Class flight, LHR to SFO in early January. I'm shortly going to be taking some Qantas flights in Australia and to New Zealand (from Melbourne) which will put me into the next BA Tier Level.

My question is, are Avios/Tiers allocated on the Tier Level when you book your ticket or when you physically fly? Obviously flying J there is a fair bit of difference.

Thanks
When you fly, so your avios will be calculated based on your status on the day of the flight.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 6:23 am

Programs: Executive Club, Kris, Flying Blue
That's great, thanks for confirming, KARFA.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 6:55 am

Programs: BA Gold
I seem to recall reading about a bonus Avios promotion running this July, 25k bonus per trip in Club for TATL flights on the joint venture airlines.

I know there was a thread about it for US residents and possibly for EU residents, but I vividly recall signing up to one (successfully, not one of those error messages) that was for UK residents as well. Well, I did not get the bonus Avios, and BA is telling me that the promotion was for US residents only.

Well my word is not going to be worth much if they can't find record of such a promotion, did anyone else sign up for it, or remember it being posted here or am I imagining it?

Thanks.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 6:28 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold) ✈✈✈, Accor (Silver), IHG (Platinum), Cunard (Diamond)
I think I may have made a flight booking mistake in trying to gain BA Tier Points. This morning, I booked a LHR-HEL return in Business, directly with Finnair AY832 and AY831 flight numbers. Finnair have a business offer on the flight at the moment but BA website was charging full price. I entered my BAEC number at time of booking and also said yes to joining Finnair Plus.

As I have AY flight numbers, and booked directly through Finnair - does this mean I won't receive BA Tier Points?

If will receive BA Tier Points (fingers crossed) have I made an error by ticking the box to join Finnair Plus i.e. will Finnair credit this rather than BAEC?

Any help/advice appreciated. Thank you.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by Gary999
I think I may have made a flight booking mistake in trying to gain BA Tier Points. This morning, I booked a LHR-HEL return in Business, directly with Finnair AY832 and AY831 flight numbers. Finnair have a business offer on the flight at the moment but BA website was charging full price. I entered my BAEC number at time of booking and also said yes to joining Finnair Plus.

As I have AY flight numbers, and booked directly through Finnair - does this mean I won't receive BA Tier Points?

If will receive BA Tier Points (fingers crossed) have I made an error by ticking the box to join Finnair Plus i.e. will Finnair credit this rather than BAEC?

Any help/advice appreciated. Thank you.
You will receive normal rate TPs for this trip - 160 in total for a J return. Your avios earning will be a lot lover than had you booked on a BA flight number though since AY (the awarding airline) give no status bonus and the cabin bonus is a lot lower I believe.

As long as your BAEC number is in the booking you will be fine. You can check this on AY MMB, or on BA MMB if you enter the PNR, or on a third party site such as checkmytrip.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 6:37 am

BTW - what is the business offer on AY? I could see it at £445 for a return but this doesn't seem much of a sale price. BA usually sells a J return for £395.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 6:49 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold) ✈✈✈, Accor (Silver), IHG (Platinum), Cunard (Diamond)
Originally Posted by KARFA
BTW - what is the business offer on AY? I could see it at £445 for a return but this doesn't seem much of a sale price. BA usually sells a J return for £395.
Thank you KARFA. £445 is the offer I got with Finnair. It's about 50% off the price booking the same AY flights with BA as they come out at £874 (BA's own flights being £398 lowest). The Finnair reduction saves £246.21 off their standard price (on the flights I have booked).

I went with the Finnair booking as the return flight is due to be on an A350 which I understand is a full business class arrangement. It is the only return flight of the day on the A350.

Will joining the Finnair Plus Program have no negative impact on gaining the BA Tier Points?
Old Aug 19, 2016, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by Gary999
Will joining the Finnair Plus Program have no negative impact on gaining the BA Tier Points?
No impact as long as you have your BA number in the booking and not your AY number.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 2:28 pm

Not sure if this is the right place to post my silly question. My apologies if it is, didn't want to start a new thread.

I am trying to get one of my friends to start using BAEC, I made an account for him with his correct name (as appears on the passport). Now he's making his first flight and it was booked under his name but with a little mistake. But the booking is showing up in MMB. Will be there any problems when ba credit him the TP&Avios, or just better off making a new account??

To explain further more on the mistake.
The last name is divided in 2., ex. AAAA BBBB, in his booking it only show with no space AAAABBBB.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
You mean like "TURNER SMITH" showing up as "TURNERSMITH"?

That will cause no problems at all. Depending on where you are seeing this, it may very well be the normal display of any booking made for him, as (AIUI) the reservation system automatically strips out all spaces and special characters.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by Globaliser
You mean like "TURNER SMITH" showing up as "TURNERSMITH"?

That will cause no problems at all. Depending on where you are seeing this, it may very well be the normal display of any booking made for him, as (AIUI) the reservation system automatically strips out all spaces and special characters.
Yes, it's like "TURNERSMITH" showing up on the booking page. But "TURNER SMITH" is the name on BAEC.

Anyway as you said it might be the (AIUI).
Many thanks for your speedy response and the great help with the question. Very appreciated ^ ^
Old Aug 19, 2016, 4:07 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by Skyrocker
Yes, it's like "TURNERSMITH" showing up on the booking page. But "TURNER SMITH" is the name on BAEC.

Anyway as you said it might be the (AIUI).
Many thanks for your speedy response and the great help with the question. Very appreciated ^ ^
Welcome to Flyertalk and the BA Board Skyrocker and it's good that you got a quick answer to your question as is almost always the case on here by someone. Name queries pops up quite regularly.

The BA Dashboard (on the main page) is worth a read but sometimes googling a query can give good results too as the FT search facility isn't alwasy great at finding things.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...dashboard.html
Old Sep 2, 2016, 10:44 am

Programs: BA Silver, Amex Platinum
Avios not as quoted?

Apologies if this has already been covered elsewhere but I have just managed to get the avios I'm due for a holiday in June. I sent BA screen shots of the manage my booking screen showing the avios and bonus avios due. They have eventually posted the avios but sent this reply:

Hi Ruth, I’m sorry to hear you have not received the awards you were expecting for your flights under booking reference xxxx.I have looked into this for you and unfortunately the amounts you were shown in manage my booking were not correct. I’m afraid the information shown here is only intended as a guide and cannot be guaranteed so this means the awards you received for your flights were correct. However, I’m pleased to confirm, on this occasion I have now adjusted the amounts for you and the other Members of your Household Account, so you have each received the total of 22,510 Avios you were expecting. Etc…
So the avios which shows upon booking is just for a guide?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.