Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2016

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2016, 5:50 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by LSunbury
I need to read up on the 241 benefits for additional spend but basically I wait up to midnight 355 days out to book a single Biz long-haul redemption then add a second one for free?
No, you need two award seats available. You can't add or apply the 241 voucher after booking.

You book two seats using the voucher, pay the avios for only one seat but the taxes/fees/charges for two seats.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 6:58 am

Programs: AAdvantage, and BAEC in name only
Thanks both for the replies.

I should have guessed the restrictions on the 241!
Old Jun 15, 2016, 7:46 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Then once I have 4 BA legs (I can meet this requirement a couple of weeks later) its Silver status until my renewal date (December) plus another year?
BAEC does not work on a Jan-Dec basis. Your qualification year will start on the 9th. of the month in which you credit your first flight and end on the 8th. of that month in the next year. Your status year will start when you qualify and end at the end of the month following the end of the next qualifying year.

Example:
Join BAEC 15 June 2015 - means nothing except that you can't credit until you join
Credit flight on 15 August 2016 - points collection year is 9 August 2016 to 8 August 2017
Qualify for status on 20 November 2016 - status runs from 20 November 2016 until 30 September 2018
Status counters reset 9 August 2017
Old Jun 15, 2016, 9:43 am

I have had a BAEC account for 10+ years but zero lifetime TPs. I've done loads of BA flights but all credited to AA.

So if my first BA credited flight is 25Jun16 and I get Silver status a month later it lasts until 24Jun18 - is that correct?
Old Jun 15, 2016, 10:18 am

I have had a BAEC account for 10+ years but zero lifetime TPs. I've done loads of BA flights but all credited to AA.

So if my first BA credited flight is 25Jun16 and I get Silver status a month later it lasts until 24Jun18 - is that correct?
Your TP collection year should be 9 June to 8 June and your status year until 31 July 2018.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 2:00 pm

Programs: LT Gold/BA Executive Club/AS MP/Marriott
So, with the newly introduced minimum spend for status and reduced miles earning on AA I’m considering a move to BA. I’m sure I’m not the first!
I'm moving to BA as well and have been reading up on a number of items. Living in the Bay Area, I was heavily thinking about UA but as long as I have status on BA every year I should be ok booking flights on AA. My wife and I have the BA Chase Card as well so we've been earning Avios points for quite some time.

I have an upcoming trip CDG-HNL-CDG booked on AA codes and all AA metal.

CDG-JFK Biz I
JFK-LAX Biz D
LAX-HNL 1st P
HNL-DFW 1st P
DFW-CDG Biz I

My knowledge of BAEC is pretty thin but if I transfer this trip to credit my BAEC account I will earn 840TPs? Then once I have 4 BA legs (I can meet this requirement a couple of weeks later) its Silver status until my renewal date (December) plus another year?
Here is the BA Avios/Tier calculator. This should help quite a bit.

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_gb
Old Jun 15, 2016, 3:42 pm

I was slightly surprised the TP earnings on AA matched BA for my itinerary, and also that I could get Silver status for a spend of £1k. But I'll take it.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 12:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Senator
Originally Posted by MADPhil
BAEC does not work on a Jan-Dec basis. Your qualification year will start on the 9th. of the month in which you credit your first flight and end on the 8th. of that month in the next year. Your status year will start when you qualify and end at the end of the month following the end of the next qualifying year.

Example:
Join BAEC 15 June 2015 - means nothing except that you can't credit until you join
Credit flight on 15 August 2016 - points collection year is 9 August 2016 to 8 August 2017
Qualify for status on 20 November 2016 - status runs from 20 November 2016 until 30 September 2018
Status counters reset 9 August 2017
Has there been a change? My first credited flight was in June and my membership year starts on the 9th of July.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by Flip42
Has there been a change? My first credited flight was in June and my membership year starts on the 9th of July.
I was going by what seemed to happen in my case, it's possible that it is the month after or it may depend when in the month the first flight is. I don't know if it is actually documented.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 6:30 am

So, a recent Qatar flight to Australia gives me enough TP's for Silver this year. But to get this I have to fly 4 flights on BA metal if I understand correctly.

Any suggestions on how to do this on the cheap from AMS? Happy to spend a long weekend anywhere in the British Isles, just wondering if going somewhere via London would count?
Old Jun 29, 2016, 6:37 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dutchgirlDH
So, a recent Qatar flight to Australia gives me enough TP's for Silver this year. But to get this I have to fly 4 flights on BA metal if I understand correctly.

Any suggestions on how to do this on the cheap from AMS? Happy to spend a long weekend anywhere in the British Isles, just wondering if going somewhere via London would count?
AMS-LGW-JER return may be a reasonable cheap option to get your 4 flights, or for a weekend in the UK any of AMS-LHR-EDI/GLA/MAN/LBA/BHD/DUB. Or perhaps just do two AMS-LON return trips.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 7:04 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Yes it is per segment, assuming the flight number changes. So AMS-LON-XXX return will count for the required 4 segments.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
AMS-LGW-JER return may be a reasonable cheap option to get your 4 flights, or for a weekend in the UK any of AMS-LHR-EDI/GLA/MAN/LBA/BHD/DUB. Or perhaps just do two AMS-LON return trips.
Thanks, would never have thought of Jersey! Could make for nice weekend away this summer
Old Jun 30, 2016, 2:02 pm

Programs: BAEC
Thanks, would never have thought of Jersey! Could make for nice weekend away this summer
I recently did LGW-JER for the day, for the 2 extra flights I needed on BA to hit silver, lovely little island
Old Jul 1, 2016, 8:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
I just realised that I could be earning way more TP when crediting to BA than to QF.

For example, my SIN-KUL-NRT RT earns 360 TP vs 240 SC on QF.

I have a few questions,

must the 2500 TP for GUF2 all be earned on BA?

Any suggestions for 4 BA sectors other than heading down under?

Thanks all, maybe its time to make a switch

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.