Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2016

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2016, 11:18 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by KARFA
Ah well if it defaults to your IB number there are a few options to change it so you can get your BAEC number in. Try the Finnair MMB which should let you remove the IB number and enter your BAEC number. Alternatively call IB, or wait until the day and ask the check in agent to change it.
I logged out and then it let me put the BAEC number in (curiously it now shows inside BA.com and allows me to manage the booking, even though Iberia are yet to confirm the payment has gone through).

The biggest bonus is the 80 TP points for LHR-MAD-NCE...finally taking me past the magic 1500 mark!!

Finally! I can book an emergency exit row seat at the time of booking...oh, hang on, maybe not!
Old Mar 21, 2016, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by leachster
The biggest bonus is the 80 TP points for LHR-MAD-NCE...finally taking me past the magic 1500 mark!!
If these flights are that critical, then make sure that your BAEC number is printed on the boarding passes. While even that isn't a guarantee that the TPs will end up in the right place, it gives you a much better base from which to complain if they don't.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 1:30 pm

Programs: BA
For some reason I earned Avios and Tier Points on my flights JFK-GRU and GIG-JFK on JJ in February, booked with Avios. Any ideas as to why? Pic: http://i.imgur.com/L0PE8js.png
Old Mar 22, 2016, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by wiivile
For some reason I earned Avios and Tier Points on my flights JFK-GRU and GIG-JFK on JJ in February, booked with Avios. Any ideas as to why? Pic: http://i.imgur.com/L0PE8js.png
Did a JJ agent make changes to your flights during your travel? Sometimes an agent making changes on the fly will accidentally rebook someone in revenue fare classes.

Sometimes ba.com and the partner airlines just make a mistake.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 2:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Did a JJ agent make changes to your flights during your travel? Sometimes an agent making changes on the fly will accidentally rebook someone in revenue fare classes.

Well, in the picture attached, it shows it was X class, which is award class, not revenue.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 2:33 pm

Programs: BA

No changes...

Originally Posted by benberg2013
Well, in the picture attached, it shows it was X class, which is award class, not revenue.
ba.com says X is a revenue class in the Avios calculator, I think? Pic: http://imgur.com/htGrYet
Old Mar 22, 2016, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
I know that's what the picture shows. While X on BA is a reward class, on TAM, X is a revenue class.
See:
http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...ing-avios.html
Old Mar 22, 2016, 2:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
I know that's what the picture shows. While X on BA is a reward class, on TAM, X is a revenue class.
See:
http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...ing-avios.html
oops, my mistake.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 9:14 am

Programs: BAEC and Hilton mostly
Newbie question alert!

Last year I signed up to BAEC, expecting a few flights that eventually went to Singapore Airlines.

This year it's definitely BA, but the first flights (160/ 140 TP) neatly straddle the year end!

Can I cancel the old (nul points) account and open another one, or is that a big no-no?

All suggestions gratefully accepted.

There's no problem for DW, who is also flying, as she didn't get around to opening a BAEC account

Last edited by Tocsin; Mar 23, 2016 at 9:14 am Reason: spelling
Old Mar 23, 2016, 9:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Tocsin
Newbie question alert!

Last year I signed up to BAEC, expecting a few flights that eventually went to Singapore Airlines.

This year it's definitely BA, but the first flights (160/ 140 TP) neatly straddle the year end!

Can I cancel the old (nul points) account and open another one, or is that a big no-no?

All suggestions gratefully accepted.

There's no problem for DW, who is also flying, as she didn't get around to opening a BAEC account
Yes, just open a new account, with a different email address, and possibly a new home address. Just ignore the old account.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 9:10 am

Programs: BAEC and Hilton mostly
Thanks for the reply, benberg2013 - much appreciated!
Old Mar 26, 2016, 2:21 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Please confirm if I'm correct.

I have a BA dormant account, whose membership year ends 08 Jun (card expiry date: 31 Jul).
I'll be flying from Blue to Silver all over next August.
From what I understand I can hold this account and don't need to open a new one, since all TP will be accrued within the valid new year of membership.

Thanks for the clarification
Old Mar 26, 2016, 2:28 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Forrest Bump
Please confirm if I'm correct.

I have a BA dormant account, whose membership year ends 08 Jun (card expiry date: 31 Jul).
I'll be flying from Blue to Silver all over next August.
From what I understand I can hold this account and don't need to open a new one, since all TP will be accrued within the valid new year of membership.

Thanks for the clarification
There is no need to open a new account - your existing one will spring to life as soon as you add transactions. Also, new flight credits will be added to your existing lifetime TP balance.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 3:27 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Originally Posted by Prospero
There is no need to open a new account - your existing one will spring to life as soon as you add transactions. Also, new flight credits will be added to your existing lifetime TP balance.
Thank you Prospero.
Much better ^
Old Mar 26, 2016, 4:49 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Yes, just open a new account, with a different email address, and possibly a new home address. Just ignore the old account.
I tried that for my wife and BA merged the two accounts after a short period saying that you can't have two.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.