Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2016, 1:45 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond

I would not recommend you put your Baec number in someone else's booking.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 3:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, Subcard
I just had a frustrating phone call with the BA Gold Line.

I have two friends travelling on the same flights as me in the same cabin both on their own bookings.

I called up to select their seats and was told due to data protection this was not possible. I quoted the Gold Benefit listed online and was told no this is not possible as I have no link to their bookings.

How do I go about linking the bookings? Do I need to add my friends to my friends and family section on my account?

Edit: Apologies if this in the wrong thread, I didn't think it was worthy of starting a new thread so please move it if its better suited elsewhere.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 3:44 am

You need them to be on the phone too or for them to add you as a nominee on their accounts/booking.

Sometimes BA agents insist on this due to data protection, sometimes they just do the TCP and seat selection anyway.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
You need them to be on the phone too or for them to add you as a nominee on their accounts/booking.

Sometimes BA agents insist on this due to data protection, sometimes they just do the TCP and seat selection anyway.
Thanks. I tried the trusted method of calling back and hoping for someone else and within 5 minutes they put in a request to link all three bookings and took down the seat numbers I wanted and said it should be processed within 24 hours.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 1:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by GTR56
Thanks. I tried the trusted method of calling back and hoping for someone else and within 5 minutes they put in a request to link all three bookings and took down the seat numbers I wanted and said it should be processed within 24 hours.
As a GCH I have chosen the seats for friends on the same flight a couple of times. Each time BA has required the permission of my friends before I could do this and I wholeheartedly endorse this approach.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 12:41 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Think of it another way - if you happened to have a lower status than someone else who knew your booking reference - and they called in to change your seats (or meal, or FQTV), and you didn't want them to, you'd be annoyed with BA for letting someone else access your reservation...
Old Jan 21, 2016, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by JAXBA
Think of it another way - if you happened to have a lower status than someone else who knew your booking reference - and they called in to change your seats (or meal, or FQTV), and you didn't want them to, you'd be annoyed with BA for letting someone else access your reservation...
Indeed, but surely golds and ggls are honest chaps & ladies and can be trusted?
Old Jan 22, 2016, 1:36 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
can a 2 year old become ba gold under the t&c? thanks!
Old Jan 22, 2016, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by pbd456
can a 2 year old become ba gold under the t&c? thanks!
Yes - although a 2 year old can only hold an account if they are a member of a household account.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 3:28 am

Originally Posted by JAXBA
The point you make is not related to the request. It was to link two bookings so I could select their seats as a benefit of being a GCH as listed on the website. It wasn't to request meals/special assistance etc and if I wanted to be cruel I could just login to MMB with the details provided by my friends and make the changes you mention but they would be notified of any updates via email anyway (unless I was really cruel and changed the email address).
Old Jan 22, 2016, 7:40 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by GTR56
The point you make is not related to the request.
Eh? But what if they don't want to sit next to you? Or if you didn't want to sit next to the individual who had your PNR. BA doesn't know if you actually know each other or not, or if you're merely stalking/messing with someone.

Yes you can access certain things in MMB. Doesn't mean you should. Gold TCP seating wouldn't be something you could do through there; you need to be paying for someone else's seat selection.

Only when everybody is on the phone and authorising access to their own booking should BA proceed. Whether it's seats or meals or 'it's their anniversary, please tell the crew' requests, BA shouldn't action unauthorised third party requests.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by shady
I am buying a ticket for my dad and we have both the same name and surname.
If I put my BAEC number into his booking, will it cause some issues for him as the only difference will be the date of birth?
This is fraud and will be treated as such by BA if they find out, which they could easily do for instance by comparing date of birth as you point out. Never do this, it is a silly way to lose your BAEC account and avios and possibly be barred from flying BA in the future.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 3:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold
How long does it takes for status to change? In February I shall qualify Gold. I shall arrive at LHR on Thursday 11/2 and will have 1530 TP including that flight. On the following Monday (15/12) I will leave from LHR, will my new status show in the BA app?
Old Jan 28, 2016, 4:30 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
It will take a day or two to post the TP from your flight on 11/2, then an additional 2 to 3 days for BA.com and the App to update your status. So on the 15th February, it might or might not be reflected. If the TP are posted and the App not updated yet, show your TP history to the check-in agent and kindly ask them if they could put a manual note on your BP for you to access the F Lounge.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 2:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by fransknorge
It will take a day or two to post the TP from your flight on 11/2, then an additional 2 to 3 days for BA.com and the App to update your status. So on the 15th February, it might or might not be reflected. If the TP are posted and the App not updated yet, show your TP history to the check-in agent and kindly ask them if they could put a manual note on your BP for you to access the F Lounge.
Thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.