Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2016

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2016, 11:56 pm

Programs: GOLD: AZ....maybe :-P
Originally Posted by benberg2013
I got BA Silver status because of a status match.
Hi

From which program did you get the status match?
Old Mar 8, 2016, 4:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
If you make an Avios redemption as a Silver member, but in the meantime between booking and taking the flight become a Gold member (not the Austin Powers type!) can you still cancel Avios tickets free of charge? Or is it only Avios bookings made AS a Gold?
Old Mar 8, 2016, 4:49 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Schwann
If you make an Avios redemption as a Silver member, but in the meantime between booking and taking the flight become a Gold member (not the Austin Powers type!) can you still cancel Avios tickets free of charge? Or is it only Avios bookings made AS a Gold?
Bad news is that GCHs can't cancel free of charge anyway so I am afraid your pormotion won't help.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 5:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA
Bad news is that GCHs can't cancel free of charge anyway so I am afraid your pormotion won't help.
Did that get enhanced away or am I just making the whole thing up?!
Old Mar 8, 2016, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by Schwann
Did that get enhanced away or am I just making the whole thing up?!
It used to be the case GCHs didn't pay, but that was changed in April 2014. Now it is just GGLs that don't pay the cancellation and change fees for reward bookings.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 9:24 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
question moved elsewhere
Old Mar 9, 2016, 10:27 am

Hi, hope this is in the right place - if not, apologies. I have been considering getting a BA Amex for the avois but wanted to wait until I had tried CW to see if it was as good as another airline as for future travel BA is probably going to be more convenient.
So, originally there was a good bonus offer but this has now been reduced to just 18,000 for a £3000 spend. If I wait a few months and keep checking are they likely to have another good offer? As I am getting different bonus points on my current card I would not really be missing out so it seems better to wait. Any opinions?

Thanks
Old Mar 16, 2016, 8:10 am
rum

Programs: Amex MR, A3, BAEC
Originally Posted by Soupey202
Hi, hope this is in the right place - if not, apologies. I have been considering getting a BA Amex for the avois but wanted to wait until I had tried CW to see if it was as good as another airline as for future travel BA is probably going to be more convenient.
So, originally there was a good bonus offer but this has now been reduced to just 18,000 for a £3000 spend. If I wait a few months and keep checking are they likely to have another good offer? As I am getting different bonus points on my current card I would not really be missing out so it seems better to wait. Any opinions?
Raffles is your best bet as he analyses the bonus offers/patterns quite regularly.

They had a huge bonus offer from October - February last time and then last year during the summer months - I think it was June or July.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 8:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
From Post 4:

02 What is an eligible flight?

Examples of criteria used to determine eligible flights:

BA operated + BA flight prefix
BA operated + other flight prefix
Other carrier operated + BA flight prefix
IB operated + IB flight prefix

Note, reward bookings and agency or industry discounted bookings are not eligible. BA/IB subsidiaries and franchise operated flights are included.

Your tier status will change as soon as you cross the next threshold, although there may be a few days lag for the system to reflect it. You will continue to accumulate Tier Points until your membership year end date. So for example, if your membership year ends on 8 January, a flight taken on 8 January will count towards your old year. Your Tier Point balance will be zeroed out on 9 January reflecting the beginning of a new membership year. If you fail to accrue the number of Tier Points (or meet the requisite number of eligible flights) needed to retain your current level, you will drop to the level immediately below. This is often referred to as the soft landing.

There are often questions raised in FlyerTalk as to whether BAEC will assist those who narrowly miss the tier point thresholds at the end of the membership year. There is evidence of flexibility in terms of extending the membership year by a week or two, so if you are in need of some flexibility call your local service centre after the relevant flights have posted.
My TP year ended on 8th March this year, and I finished on 990 TPs, with about 600 being earned in the 10 days following the 8th. The 600 TPs posted this morning, so I rang the Silver line. The rep there said that they can't usually do this in retrospect, and that I should have rung up before my TP year ended to get the extension. He said he would call me back once he'd been in touch with the Executive Club.

Might be worth re-wording the text in bold above to reflect this?
Old Mar 18, 2016, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Heathrow Tower
From Post 4:

My TP year ended on 8th March this year, and I finished on 990 TPs, with about 600 being earned in the 10 days following the 8th. The 600 TPs posted this morning, so I rang the Silver line. The rep there said that they can't usually do this in retrospect, and that I should have rung up before my TP year ended to get the extension. He said he would call me back once he'd been in touch with the Executive Club.

Might be worth re-wording the text in bold above to reflect this?
You should call again. The executive club representatives have previously stated that the extension may only be applied after the flights are flown.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ce-period.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...tension-2.html
Old Mar 18, 2016, 12:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
You're right, schoolboy error. Just called back and no issues!
Old Mar 19, 2016, 4:09 am

Programs: BAEC
I realise this could be a really, really stupid question..and normally I'd try and find the answer on here...but time is running out for me...

my question is, if I book an Iberia flight on Iberia.com (I haven't yet created an Iberia account) will I still get BA tier points?

thanks in advance...John
Old Mar 19, 2016, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by leachster
I realise this could be a really, really stupid question..and normally I'd try and find the answer on here...but time is running out for me...

my question is, if I book an Iberia flight on Iberia.com (I haven't yet created an Iberia account) will I still get BA tier points?

thanks in advance...John
Yes as long as you enter your BAEC number in the IB booking.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 4:52 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes as long as you enter your BAEC number in the IB booking.
thanks Karfa...unfortunately I created a blooming Iberia account and now it only defaults the Iberia account number in...

If I log out it allows it to enter the BAEC number, I presume there wont be a problem with them 'knowing' its me once I complete the booking?

Strangely, I realised the way you specified was the correct way to do it (after booking the TP run on AA.com earlier this year - thanks again for all that information as well by the way)...but due to needing to book the blooming easter weekend home I blundered ahead and created an account anyway!
Old Mar 19, 2016, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by leachster
thanks Karfa...unfortunately I created a blooming Iberia account and now it only defaults the Iberia account number in...

If I log out it allows it to enter the BAEC number, I presume there wont be a problem with them 'knowing' its me once I complete the booking?

Strangely, I realised the way you specified was the correct way to do it (after booking the TP run on AA.com earlier this year - thanks again for all that information as well by the way)...but due to needing to book the blooming easter weekend home I blundered ahead and created an account anyway!
Ah well if it defaults to your IB number there are a few options to change it so you can get your BAEC number in. Try the Finnair MMB which should let you remove the IB number and enter your BAEC number. Alternatively call IB, or wait until the day and ask the check in agent to change it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.