Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2016, 4:55 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Quick question.

If status change has not triggered can you still check in at business desk?

How can they check or will they just take your word for it?

Going to have this issue both at Bronze and Gold (first) level.

I appreciate lounge access might not be possible, but more concerned on check in
Old Mar 27, 2016, 4:11 am

Hi, I've been reading through this thread and am thinking of converting from MPC. Some questions I have:-

The 4 eligible BA flights, would the outward and return sectors on a single ticket count as 2 eligible flights ?

To go from blue to gold in a single membership year does it just need a total of 1500 tier points ? Just want to make sure it's not 300 + 600 + 1500 = 2400 tier points which would be too steep.

Thanks
Old Mar 27, 2016, 4:19 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by bluebird3000
Hi, I've been reading through this thread and am thinking of converting from MPC. Some questions I have:-

The 4 eligible BA flights, would the outward and return sectors on a single ticket count as 2 eligible flights ?

To go from blue to gold in a single membership year does it just need a total of 1500 tier points ? Just want to make sure it's not 300 + 600 + 1500 = 2400 tier points which would be too steep.

Thanks
You are correct on both counts - 1 eligible flight = 1 sector so a return trip gives you 2 and it's 1500TP total within a membership year for Gold
Old Mar 27, 2016, 5:22 am

Thanks. When claiming missing miles do miles get credited based on flying date or crediting date? With MPC you could remove your membership # and claim in your next year within 6 months. This is useful in certain scenarios and am interested to know if it works the same way with BAEC. Thanks
Old Mar 27, 2016, 9:34 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond

It will credit for the date of the flight.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 9:47 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Quick question.

If status change has not triggered can you still check in at business desk?

How can they check or will they just take your word for it?

Going to have this issue both at Bronze and Gold (first) level.

I appreciate lounge access might not be possible, but more concerned on check in
Anyone know? Thanks
Old Mar 27, 2016, 10:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Anyone know? Thanks
There's unfortunately a slight delay of several days between earning a new tier and BA's IT systems catching up with you. Usually the first evidence of having "ascended" is in the BA app, which will show you having achieved the flights/tier points several days before it starts showing your new status.

It took me over a month to get my new cards - bronze and silver arrived on the same day.

I wouldn't expect to be able to walk off a flight that got you to Gold and immediately walk into the Flounge without some fast talking.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 10:12 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Thanks.

More concerned with check in.

Don't wish to join a long economy queue if I have completed the required tier points.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Thanks.

More concerned with check in.

Don't wish to join a long economy queue if I have completed the required tier points.
Until those flights have credited and your status has changed (at least on the app) I would not expect to receive the benefits of that status at check in.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 10:48 pm

Programs: CX Gold, SPG Gold, Aeroplan, BAEC
Avios points are the currency of the BAEC and other frequent flyer and consumer loyalty programmes that operate under the IAG umbrella. The other two IAG linked schemes are Iberia's Iberia Plus, and Avios Travel Rewards Programme, which runs a separate loyalty programme via avios.com. Avios points can be exchanged between schemes.
It is also recommended that BAEC members open both Iberia Plus and Avios Travel Reward accounts to ensure that you are ready for any deals that come up. Iberia Plus needs 90 days after activity to enable transfers, but they often have different, lower rates to BAEC and a different peak calendar.

You may also be aware of Aer Lingus Aer Club. It now uses Avios but is entirely independent and there isn't currently a transfer mechanism to/from BA, Iberia, or Avios Travel Rewards.
Just wondering if transfers from Iberia to BAEC is free? If not, what's the incentive of opening Iberia instead of just crediting the miles to BAEC?

Also can someone clarify thepoint on Aer Lingus: it seems that "If you have an existing Avios account, British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Plus or AerClub accounts, you can use the 'Combine my Avios' feature to combine your Avios points into one account or transfer Avios points between your accounts. To transfer Avios points please visit www.avios.com", according to the FAQ here: https://www.aerlingus.com/experience...ucing-aerclub/.

Thanks!
Old Mar 28, 2016, 11:45 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Re Iberia. Some partners will give double check iberia points or may only deal with Iberia. It is a useful account to open, and pick up the odd bonus here and there.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 1:37 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
At 4,500 Tier Points, you can share some of your membership benefits by giving someone else an Executive Club Silver Partner Card. If your nominee is already a BAEC member, their account will be upgraded to Silver for the remainder of their current membership year plus the full year that follows. Hard landing applies to Partner cards.
I believe this benefit was removed at the end of 2013.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 1:56 am

Originally Posted by vn10
Just wondering if transfers from Iberia to BAEC is free? If not, what's the incentive of opening Iberia instead of just crediting the miles to BAEC?

Thanks!
I always transfer them from Iberia to avios.com and then into BAEC. This is free and instantaneous.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 6:39 am

Programs: CX Gold, SPG Gold, Aeroplan, BAEC
it seems like you need a valid UK or South African address in order to register on avios.com? is there a way around it if I don't have one?
Old Mar 29, 2016, 6:50 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by vn10
it seems like you need a valid UK or South African address in order to register on avios.com? is there a way around it if I don't have one?
Move?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.