Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

No Avios/tier points for new QR booking class R (business)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2016, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Qatar Airways has recently introduced a new booking class designator "R" in business class (it is for promotional business fares). Now if I check the Avios flight calculator it shows no such R-class. Anybody knows if this is just not updated yet or another "enhancment" i.e. booking class that is not granting any Avios or tier points at all?
Old Mar 19, 2016, 8:41 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
R booking class is not listed as earning avios or TPs on BA.com. I would therefore be cautious booking if you need the avios and TPs. It may be that this will be a non earning booking class (other partner airlines have non earning booking classes) or it maybe that BA.com has not been updated to reflect this new booking class.

http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...-avios/flights
Old Mar 19, 2016, 8:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, 1MM
How can you tell which fare class it will book into before making the booking?
Old Mar 19, 2016, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jlsw7
I have access to GDS and can see that the lowest QR fares in Business Class are now quoted in R-Class (used to be I-class)
Old Mar 19, 2016, 9:05 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jlsw7
On the QR website when you get to the quote page it clearly shows in the CLASS column the cabin with booking class in brackets next to it.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 12:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
This is bonkers....you still pay more than economy and get nothing in return.

Surely a reduced rate maybe same as Full fare Y (100%) is fair?

Is it not the same on RJ as well?
Old Mar 19, 2016, 1:42 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by d3vski
Is it not the same on RJ as well?
Yes, and MH have had some like this too, plus you have to watch out on LAN and TAM. Sometimes it seems the airline launches a new fare bucket and it just takes a while for the Avios / TP allocation to be sorted out - so after the event.

It would be good to have some examples of this new R bucket (I couldn't find any from a quick search) so that we can all be made aware of what this looks like.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 1:45 pm

I made a dummy booking at some point on QR website and it appeared that R class (aka "business promo" fares) did not even earn QR's own Privilege miles - the fare display listed the corresponding miles amounts for higher fare buckets but not the R one. Could be just a software glitch though, some people in QR forum reported receiving booking confirmation listing "Economy" for tickets booked into R class.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SadKingBilly
I made a dummy booking at some point on QR website and it appeared that R class (aka "business promo" fares) did not even earn QR's own Privilege miles - the fare display listed the corresponding miles amounts for higher fare buckets but not the R one. Could be just a software glitch though, some people in QR forum reported receiving booking confirmation listing "Economy" for tickets booked into R class.
Must be a software glitch because the Privilege Club table shows that R- earns the same amount of miles as I-Class. So let's hope that the other OW programs like BAEC will also update their pages and show the same soon.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 1:52 pm

Programs: EY - Gold, BA - Gold
It's well worth noting because it would annoying to fly so far and not earn anything. It might as well be a reward booking in that case. I'm not surprised that airlines do this but it's too easy to be caught out if you're a regular flyer who doesn't use forums.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 4:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum
The R class fares have been around for a few weeks now. Has anyone successfully credited them to BAEC?
Old Mar 21, 2016, 4:42 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
There have been a couple of discussions about this already, both on the QR Forum, and in the Premium Fares Forum.

From a QR perspective, we are also none the wiser. It appears to be new, and it may be a month or so until someone travels on an R designated Business-Promo fare...as they are not usually available last minute.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 4:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum
Fair point. I have one mid April. Fingers crossed as I would be dangerously close to the end of my BAEC year.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Maybe have a look at the QR earning page then...

At least it earns the same in the QR program as I-class.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 6:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
Sorry am I being thick, but you do earn tier points travelling on R class revenue fare on BA operated flight don't you?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.