Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA "Mad Thursdays" Continue - PRG-MEX in F - £486

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA "Mad Thursdays" Continue - PRG-MEX in F - £486

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2015, 4:39 am

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Originally Posted by Stez
It's pretty poor show of BA if people are let on the PRG-LHR sector and then be downgraded for the TATL sector. What happen going the other way after AA issues the tickets in CUN for all the sectors? Downgraded at the gate?

How is it revenue protection at that point? Do they really have that many walk-up F people? Or is it needing F space for operational reasons?

I did book the PRG-*-CUN but it got cancelled, no dramas; it was pie in the sky anyway. But those already on the way, British Airways ought to just suck it up in the same way some of us have just sucked up the cancellations. Otherwise it's starting to look a bit petty and very unprofessional for BA.
great summary^ agree 100%
Old Aug 29, 2015, 4:47 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Stez
Otherwise it's starting to look a bit petty and very unprofessional for BA.
While broadly agreeing with your post, aren't we already way beyond petty and unprofessional?
Old Aug 29, 2015, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Flythe96flag
Update from Prague:

I went to board first, but was told there was an error with the fare so I would have to wait until the end to board, possibly facing a downgrade into ET.

After boarding was completed, the manager came to talk to me. She informed me that there was an underlying invalid fare on my ticket, and that I could fly in CE to London, where I should contact CS, and that I faced the risk of a downgrade into Y for the LH flight. Will do so at T5, but if they do not let me travel in F I'll push for a full refund.

Not so sure anymore that AA is honouring this fare either.
Yet more guesswork - as you were already travelling, the airline wouldn't want (to be seen) to strand you. So their first thought is make your trip as unpleasant as as lesson to you and pour encourager les autres.

SWISS famously downgraded its Rangoon-fare passengers to economy: no doubt BA would love to do that, but could be getting nervous about The Regulation. (The LX method was to cancel the ticket, but offer ex gratia travel as a mercy).

So as long as your bum isn't set to deny a £5K passenger, like as not you'll fly in comfort. Just be prepared for a measure of unpleasantness from CS.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 4:51 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
While broadly agreeing with your post, aren't we already way beyond petty and unprofessional?
Well, petty implies a degree of intention that I'm not sure exists. I'd be charitable and say incompetent and disorganised (at least parts of the organisation)
Old Aug 29, 2015, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

While agreeing even more broadly ... I can't help wondering how the BA's customer service, revenue folk and route managers are referring to us and our* behaviour

* P.S. While I'm not one of the scurrilous bunch who tried to take advantage of the Yucatan fares, I did try for a modest trip to Kuala Lumpur - fully believing, of course, I'd found a promotional fare.

Last edited by IAN-UK; Aug 29, 2015 at 5:03 am
Old Aug 29, 2015, 4:59 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Talking

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
While agreeing even more broadly ... I can't help wondering how the BA's customer service, revenue folk and route managers are referring to us and our behaviour
I'd guess something along the lines of piss takers, chancers, money grabbers, freeloaders?
Old Aug 29, 2015, 4:59 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
While agreeing even more broadly ... I can't help wondering how the BA's customer service, revenue folk and route managers are referring to us and our behaviour
What? For snapping up their fantastic sale fares, flash sale "super discount" fares or special offers as advertised, you mean?
Old Aug 29, 2015, 5:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Just called AA CS and they said that my ticket is valid for travel despite the low price.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I'd guess something along the lines of piss takers, chancers, money grabbers, freeloaders?
Well, you learn something everyday. FT doesn't permit ... A*S, but i can piss around all day long..

Last edited by IAN-UK; Aug 29, 2015 at 5:10 am Reason: "learn" not "earn"
Old Aug 29, 2015, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Well, you earn something everyday. FT doesn't permit ... A*S, but i can piss around all day long..
Otherwise how would the Americans be able to talk about beer ?

I am anticipating a nice 'all's well' report from the CCR in half an hour or so. ^
Old Aug 29, 2015, 5:10 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
I consider myself to be a prudent customer!

If BA staff want to call me any of the things you've listed, well...I really don't care. I'm sure they also take advantage of sales and cheap prices when the opportunities arise. Everybody has to look after themselves and as long as nobody is being hurt financially I don't see a problem. BA will make plenty of money on my other bookings anyway.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 5:10 am

Agreed. But I suspect their behaviour in these matters helps create more of the above.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 5:11 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by henkybaby

Ha ha ha
Old Aug 29, 2015, 5:17 am

Programs: BA gold
We're customers/clients. Goodness knows my clients do that to me.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by henkybaby

I am anticipating a nice 'all's well' report from the CCR in half an hour or so. ^

Technical question, ever so slightly OT: but does an AA ticket on BA metal get you into CCR?

I ask because that situation holds with Lufthansa (and joint-venture partner UA) and Frankfurt's first-class terminal and lounges.

However, try to get into SWISS's first-class lounge before an LX flight on a UA ticket and you will be unceremoniously booted down the stairs.

It's a confusing world

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.