Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA "Mad Thursdays" Continue - PRG-MEX in F - £486

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA "Mad Thursdays" Continue - PRG-MEX in F - £486

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2015, 5:11 pm

Programs: Starwood Plat, AA EXP
If AA is honouring the fare, guess I should start watching for discount ex-USA flights to PRG... :-D. PHL-->PRG-->CUN-->PRG-->PHL with several stops along the way. This sounds like EXACTLY how I want to spend my birthday. :-D
Old Aug 28, 2015, 5:13 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
I'm looking forward to an update from clearedforlanding - a bit over an hour until arrival in MEX...
- will he be greeted by BA staff upon arrival
- was he downgraded to Y mid-flight
- will he ever get home...
Old Aug 28, 2015, 5:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by GTR56
Its clear to see that BA don't particularly care about how their frequent flyers react in these situations .
There's frequent flyers and there's ''Flyertalk frequent flyers''.

Any loss of Flyertaker custom will be more than offset by the savings made in BA's lounge F&B costs.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 5:29 pm

Programs: AY+ Platsku, CM Silver, Frontier Elite 100K, Marriott Gold and LT Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador.
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
I'm looking forward to an update from clearedforlanding - a bit over an hour until arrival in MEX...
We are all here for this.. Heck! I even missed a meal
Old Aug 28, 2015, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by clearedforlanding
Push back. I'm picturing something along the lines of the final airport scenes in Argo right now: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4u-rJg...esearch=always

Looking forward to my new life in Mexico. Hopefully see you there flythe96flag!

I should really book a hotel now...
Clearedforlanding is due to land in 45 mins. I hope he is cheered in and not arrested.

He posted a +1 in the CCL this morning. Damn, if I had of sen it I would have flown to meet the nutter.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/BAW243
Old Aug 28, 2015, 5:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Well FWIW anybody going to PRG it has to be one of the most friendly out stations for back to back trips. Arrival at gate A3 turn left on exiting jetbridge then turn right and walk to the entrance of A3. Security is done at the gate but you don't need to pass through immigration.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
Well FWIW anybody going to PRG it has to be one of the most friendly out stations for back to back trips. Arrival at gate A3 turn left on exiting jetbridge then turn right and walk to the entrance of A3. Security is done at the gate but you don't need to pass through immigration.
Are you there now? Flying in the morning? At 07:00?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
I'll be spending at least a night there, maybe 2. But that's really good to know because my return to the states from the MIA/LHR hop could end up being tight. :-/
Old Aug 28, 2015, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by ABeautifulPlaceInThe
Clearedforlanding is due to land in 45 mins. I hope he is cheered in and not arrested.

He posted a +1 in the CCL this morning. Damn, if I had of sen it I would have flown to meet the nutter.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/BAW243
And he is on final. 4m,

Popcorn tastes good,
Old Aug 28, 2015, 6:50 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Gomac
AA are being more cautious with me and are going to clarify.... Maybe too many people have been asking them to confirm.
Me too
Old Aug 28, 2015, 7:20 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
Made it!

I can confirm that I spent the entire flight in F and it was a good flight too. I did not even dare glance behind the curtain for fear of being forced into a lesser seat.

As for the return? Tune back in on Sunday (well, Monday AM for most of you). For now I need to work out what I'm doing for the next two days...!

No comments from the crew although they may have something to say when I turn up again on Sunday evening - I believe the same crew will be doing my return leg! The crew at Prague were rather amused by it.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 7:27 pm

Made it!

I can confirm that I spent the entire flight in F and it was a good flight too. I did not even dare glance behind the curtain for fear of being forced into a lesser seat.

As for the return? Tune back in on Sunday (well, Monday AM for most of you). For now I need to work out what I'm doing for the next two days...!

No comments from the crew although they may have something to say when I turn up again on Sunday evening - I believe the same crew will be doing my return leg! The crew at Prague were rather amused by it.
Oh well done. I'll join you on the next one. I can travel at the drop of a hat and didn't think to check for today when I booked yesterday.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 7:57 pm

Programs: ROP *G, BAEC Gold, HH Lifetime Diamond
Made it!

Well done mate!
Old Aug 28, 2015, 8:01 pm

Made it!

Out of sheer curiosity, I have to know what your MMB looks like at the moment. Do you have a non-Y way home at this point?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 11:04 pm

Programs: LH
Made it!

Congratulations!

Fingers crossed for sunday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.