Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA "Mad Thursdays" Continue - PRG-MEX in F - £486

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA "Mad Thursdays" Continue - PRG-MEX in F - £486

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2015, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by BERbound
Alas the great british public would love nothing better than to see a First class traveller stranded in Prague. There wouldnt be any sympathy
Outside of this community we are normally seen as "crazies".
Expecting to fly F for less than economy wouldn't get any sympathy from the public, most likely quite the opposite
Old Aug 29, 2015, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by headingwest
What it really needs is for everyone (if there's more than 1 of course!) who's gone to Prague to position for these bookings to contact the press. 'Stranded in Prague due to BA's incompetence'. I believe that there is one newspaper which seems to like having a dig at BA.
Yeah, I can see the Daily Mail headline now "BA cancels Toffs First Class Tickets - Refuse to Travel in Economy". Does anyone really believe that anyone outside of FT will care?
Old Aug 29, 2015, 7:09 am

Programs: Most of them, I think ...
Originally Posted by SteveF
Yeah, I can see the Daily Mail headline now "BA cancels Toffs First Class Tickets - Refuse to Travel in Economy". Does anyone really believe that anyone outside of FT will care?
The comment thread on DM online will be a sight to see, and no mistake!
Old Aug 29, 2015, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by SteveF
The only nice story would be how poor the BA reservation system is. 3rd EF in 3 weeks. That's a joke for everybody.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 7:11 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
can we get the BA number that they used to call for cancelling the tickets? just in case they use the same next time round. on asiamiles we have a number we wont pick up evenif they call us 10 times a day

btw, ^^ for those who had made it. i would have been there too if i found out about the fare 30 mins earlier. (pack up and head to PRG right away on thursday evening!)
Old Aug 29, 2015, 7:13 am

Update from First

Well I'm glad to report that, after a very tense couple of days and last few hours in particular, flyingthe96flag, myself and another FTer now all find ourselves safely ensconced in the nose of BA209, preparing to take off for MIA en route to CUN.

Let's hope we make it back ok, otherwise we shall be setting up business with clearedforlanding.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Well I'm glad to report that, after a very tense couple of days and last few hours in particular, flyingthe96flag, myself and another FTer now all find ourselves safely ensconced in the nose of BA209, preparing to take off for MIA en route to CUN.
Let's hope we make it back ok, otherwise we shall be setting up business with clearedforlanding.
^

Did you all book on AA.com?
Old Aug 29, 2015, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by SFO777
^

Did you all book on AA.com?
We did (all separately).

My sympathies to those who booked with BA, especially the poster above stranded in Prague. Very poor show.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 7:24 am

Programs: BA Gold
It's always nice to meet fellow FT'ers on the same flight indeed, I managed to print my BP back via PHL in the CCR boardroom as well so should hopefully be set.

Definitely can't set up residence in Mexico, as I need to be back in London next week for my F Viking trip to JFK.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 7:27 am

Programs: BA Gold GGL
We did (all separately).

My sympathies to those who booked with BA, especially the poster above stranded in Prague. Very poor show.
^

Terrible, I hope that BA knows that AA allowed people to travel.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 7:30 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Speedbird876
^

Terrible, I hope that BA knows that AA allowed people to travel.
should the rest of us start hashtagging BA on twitter and FB?
Old Aug 29, 2015, 7:35 am

Programs: OW Emerald
We did (all separately).

I don't think I could ever forgive BA for stranding me in PRG if they'd issued me a boarding pass. I'd be yanking the corporate account faster than you can say "bye bye".

Shocking behaviour. Kudos to American for honouring the tickets.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 7:41 am

Programs: BA Blue
Originally Posted by timbo_baggins
The comment thread on DM online will be a sight to see, and no mistake!
They always are!
Old Aug 29, 2015, 7:42 am

BA confirmed Twitter!!!

Originally Posted by kaka
should the rest of us start hashtagging BA on twitter and FB?
Very Good idea!
Also think of emailing the DOT.

This was a fantastic deal as BA tweeted! Also why can BA under the same circumstances cancel the confirmed flights, when AA say that in spite of the low price it's a valid ticket! Discrimatory!!

Don't think BA can go back on the tweet!!! Well of course they are trying!!

Email DOT surely they will be interested of BAs confirmation of the fantastic deal and later increasing the fare saying it wasn't a sale flight!!

Also it's not like the flight was only 50 dollars .. This really was just a fantastic deal!!!

Nice that people on AA can keep their flights, good customer service!
Old Aug 29, 2015, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by BERbound
Alas the great british public would love nothing better than to see a First class traveller stranded in Prague. There wouldnt be any sympathy
^ publicity doesn't always go the way you want ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.