Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA "Mad Thursdays" Continue - PRG-MEX in F - £486

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA "Mad Thursdays" Continue - PRG-MEX in F - £486

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2015, 12:23 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SEA-Flyer
The AA message quoted there doesn't refer to the PRG fares. Pretty sure that is from the statement they made on last week's Brazil fares.

I don't believe they've made a blanket, public statement yet on the PRG fares. Hoping they will.
Yes, you're right, the statement quoted is for the South American error fares from last week.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 12:57 pm

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb
We have Viking and Bratwurst, what is this called?

Pilz?
Old Aug 29, 2015, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by bafan
AA probably has better customer relations but which company has the better finances ? I guess BA takes the tougher line in order to ensure it avoids bankruptcy, which would affect far more people.
Oh? American Airlines Announces Record Profits for 2Q15

As of Q2 2015:

AA's net profit: $1.7 billion for the quarter

IAG' net profit (including BA, IB and Vueling): $397 million

Source: Financial Roundup: World airlines’ 2Q & 1H results

Suffice to say, AA's net income dwarfs BA's several times over.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 1:23 pm

British airways will have to claim they are insane to be able to justify cancelling a contract in the eyes of a German Court.

I look forward to the email.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Guava ... I don't think I've thrown that much money at AA, but it may be part of a meaningful fraction of the general drift from BA to other OW carriers.

BA need to be VERY careful, after the devaluation of the BAEC programme and other factors discussed on this Forum. They are, it seems, losing 'frequent flyers' at a great rate of knots.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 1:55 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Not true.
Example
Does this mean if I booked the $333.8 first class fare, DL could cancel my ticket?
You're compared a short domestic first class flight in the states with four class transatlantic first class. Hardly an accurate comparison.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
I have actually seen that in normal circumstances before.
i.e. UA A (first) class SFOBOS for 900 USD, where the cheapest economy fare is B class, selling for 990 USD.
I'm not sure that even the greatest UA fan would claim domestic first on a two-class route as remotely close to the premium cabin on a four-class intercontinental carrier.

Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
Same for certain fares from DUB to LHR this Monday .... CE<ET
honestly, Club Europe is still some way behind First
Old Aug 29, 2015, 2:01 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I'm not sure that even the greatest UA fan would claim domestic first on a two-class route as remotely close to the premium cabin on a four-class intercontinental carrier.

Behind WTP even

More a point that flexible ET bucket more expensive than (supposedly better) inflexible CE - so not unreasonable that same can (and does) apply to LH at times
Old Aug 29, 2015, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by andset1191
You're compared a short domestic first class flight in the states with four class transatlantic first class. Hardly an accurate comparison.
Well, if your intention was something other than you posted then perhaps you should have been more explicit in your original post.

Originally Posted by IAN-UK

Now we are getting into a value proposition. If we start looking at this then I don't think the BA first fares were underpriced compared to the competition.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 2:13 pm

Programs: BA LTGold; LH Senator; HHGold; Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by T8191
Guava ... I don't think I've thrown that much money at AA, but it may be part of a meaningful fraction of the general drift from BA to other OW carriers.

BA need to be VERY careful, after the devaluation of the BAEC programme and other factors discussed on this Forum. They are, it seems, losing 'frequent flyers' at a great rate of knots.
No genuine high value frequent flier will change their habits on the basis of this.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Well I'm glad to report that, after a very tense couple of days and last few hours in particular, flyingthe96flag, myself and another FTer now all find ourselves safely ensconced in the nose of BA209, preparing to take off for MIA en route to CUN.

Let's hope we make it back ok, otherwise we shall be setting up business with clearedforlanding.
Well with all this stress and uncertainty, was it really worth it?

I think I'd be asking myself, am I really enjoying myself? After all I would have flown from a destination not of my choice, to a destination not of my choice, had to position-fly to a destination not of my choice, coughed up for hotels and expenses, never really known if my seats were safe and I could be downgraded to Y or refused boarding, wondered if the crew knew and didn't approve, and maybe myself deep down felt a little bit guilty. And for what? To sit in a seat and have a restaurant quality meal, some expensive drinks and a bed less comfortable than my bed at home.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 2:26 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by ukgooner
No genuine high value frequent flier will change their habits on the basis of this.
But ba needs to fill the back of the planes too if ba continues like this it will hemorrage the medium value frequent fliers and will feel the result in its profits... Atleast thats how I see it
Old Aug 29, 2015, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by Flexible preferences

I think I'd be asking myself, am I really enjoying myself? After all I would have flown from a destination not of my choice, to a destination not of my choice, had to position-fly to a destination not of my choice, coughed up for hotels and expenses, never really known if my seats were safe and I could be downgraded to Y or refused boarding, wondered if the crew knew and didn't approve, and maybe myself deep down felt a little bit guilty. And for what? To sit in a seat and have a restaurant quality meal, some expensive drinks and a bed less comfortable than my bed at home.
I'd call it 'fun' myself.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 2:37 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences

How many FTers went to ICN again (I flew Friday early afternoon and got back Monday lunchtime I recall) - whirlwind 48 hours in Seoul, DMZ etc. for more money and fewer TPs

If I can go somewhere interesting that I may otherwise not get to, for a good price and get a stack of Avios and TPs vs. a weekend at home it's no contest
Old Aug 29, 2015, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
Behind WTP even

More a point that flexible ET bucket more expensive than (supposedly better) inflexible CE - so not unreasonable that same can (and does) apply to LH at times
Don't worry, i do get your drift - indeed, for ages we enjoyed TAP's Lisbon business class fares regularly lurching below the available Y-class offering.

Just that if i saw BA's first-class fares presented below the economy-class rate, I'd smell something fishy. And I think that is what a poster was highlighting as the Tequila scenario.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.