FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA "Mad Thursdays" Continue - PRG-MEX in F - £486
Old Aug 29, 2015, 2:37 pm
lorcancoyle

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
Well with all this stress and uncertainty, was it really worth it?

I think I'd be asking myself, am I really enjoying myself? After all I would have flown from a destination not of my choice, to a destination not of my choice, had to position-fly to a destination not of my choice, coughed up for hotels and expenses, never really known if my seats were safe and I could be downgraded to Y or refused boarding, wondered if the crew knew and didn't approve, and maybe myself deep down felt a little bit guilty. And for what? To sit in a seat and have a restaurant quality meal, some expensive drinks and a bed less comfortable than my bed at home.
How many FTers went to ICN again (I flew Friday early afternoon and got back Monday lunchtime I recall) - whirlwind 48 hours in Seoul, DMZ etc. for more money and fewer TPs

If I can go somewhere interesting that I may otherwise not get to, for a good price and get a stack of Avios and TPs vs. a weekend at home it's no contest