Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA "Mad Thursdays" Continue - PRG-MEX in F - £486

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA "Mad Thursdays" Continue - PRG-MEX in F - £486

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2015, 11:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold
At T3 CX F lounge at the moment, with LHR-PRG-LHR-MIA-CUN BPs finally in hand. Was definitely not a smooth check in process, first a few calls made by the agent at the BA CE desk, being finally told they cannot do anything. Off I go to the AA desk, only to be told that 'bloody incompetent BA staff' (frosty ) should be able to do it, if they 'for once did their homework'. So back to BA, I go to the ET desk to find another agent, who finds my booking immediately, and gets me my BPs, unphased by my less than traditional itinerary.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
"But it seems that the fare may have been an error fare"

Butter wouldn't melt in your mouth...
By admission , you have put yourself in a predicament should the airline decide at another time to not honor the fare.

In time, this may be the leverage that the airlines are looking for that you knew about the low fare and yet you booked it.

Say goodbye to all such 'mistakes' soon...
Old Aug 29, 2015, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by Flythe96flag
At T3 CX F lounge at the moment, with LHR-PRG-LHR-MIA-CUN BPs finally in hand. Was definitely not a smooth check in process, first a few calls made by the agent at the BA CE desk, being finally told they cannot do anything. Off I go to the AA desk, only to be told that 'bloody incompetent BA staff' (frosty ) should be able to do it, if they 'for once did their homework'. So back to BA, I go to the ET desk to find another agent, who finds my booking immediately, and gets me my BPs, unphased by my less than traditional itinerary.
hahaa.. this is really good looks like it's working out for you. enjoy!
Old Aug 29, 2015, 12:52 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
By admission , you have put yourself in a predicament should the airline decide at another time to not honor the fare.

In time, this may be the leverage that the airlines are looking for that you knew about the low fare and yet you booked it.

Say goodbye to all such 'mistakes' soon...
So what? I DID know that it was an error fare, it was quite obvious, and I'm not going to tell lies and pretend that I didn't have any knowledge of that. I booked the ticket in the hope that I would get lucky (as does every person who books an ultra-cheap ticket) and at the moment it seems that I have.

If the ticket is cancelled then I have lost nothing....not one penny.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 1:25 am

Flying the flag

Greetings from PRG, Flythe96flag. I'll see you onboard.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 2:47 am

Originally Posted by clearedforlanding
Made it!

I can confirm that I spent the entire flight in F and it was a good flight too. I did not even dare glance behind the curtain for fear of being forced into a lesser seat.

As for the return? Tune back in on Sunday (well, Monday AM for most of you). For now I need to work out what I'm doing for the next two days...!

No comments from the crew although they may have something to say when I turn up again on Sunday evening - I believe the same crew will be doing my return leg! The crew at Prague were rather amused by it.
Epic ^

Arise, Sir Clearedforlanding
Old Aug 29, 2015, 3:09 am

Update from Prague:

I went to board first, but was told there was an error with the fare so I would have to wait until the end to board, possibly facing a downgrade into ET.

After boarding was completed, the manager came to talk to me. She informed me that there was an underlying invalid fare on my ticket, and that I could fly in CE to London, where I should contact CS, and that I faced the risk of a downgrade into Y for the LH flight. Will do so at T5, but if they do not let me travel in F I'll push for a full refund.

Not so sure anymore that AA is honouring this fare either.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 3:10 am

Programs: British Airways Silver Card
A phone call to BA ended with reasonable comp so I guess I'll let this one go.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 3:12 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Update from Prague:

I went to board first, but was told there was an error with the fare so I would have to wait until the end to board, possibly facing a downgrade into ET.

After boarding was completed, the manager came to talk to me. She informed me that there was an underlying invalid fare on my ticket, and that I could fly in CE to London, where I should contact CS, and that I faced the risk of a downgrade into Y for the LH flight. Will do so at T5, but if they do not let me travel in F I'll push for a full refund.

Not so sure anymore that AA is honouring this fare either.
Is your longhaul AA or BA operated? If BA, is it ticketed as AA codeshare?

I take it your ticket was issued on 001 stock?
Old Aug 29, 2015, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by jms_uk
Is your longhaul AA or BA operated? If BA, is it ticketed as AA codeshare?

I take it your ticket was issued on 001 stock?
BA operated, on 001 stock yes.

The manager told me that all bookings were cancelled, but that mine wasn't due to a glitch. Either she knew that BA bookings were cancelled and did not realise I was AA booked and this was due to miscommunication, or AA is not honouring the booking either. (or at least BA operated) I'll update again from T5 after I speak with CS.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 3:19 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
BA operated, on 001 stock yes.

The manager told me that all bookings were cancelled, but that mine wasn't due to a glitch. Either she knew that BA bookings were cancelled and did not realise I was AA booked and this was due to miscommunication, or AA is not honouring the booking either. (or at least BA operated) I'll update again from T5 after I speak with CS.
Interesting developments.
Thank you for your updates and good luck!
Old Aug 29, 2015, 3:22 am

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Originally Posted by jms_uk
Interesting developments.
Thank you for your updates and good luck!
^ Thanks for updates

Surely - if they are allowing you to fly first leg they will have to honour the ticket. Can't see them cancelling / downgrading now
Old Aug 29, 2015, 3:22 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Would it not be strange for AA to honour the bookings when BA aren't; given that they profit share on TATL routes?
Old Aug 29, 2015, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Would it not be strange for AA to honour the bookings when BA aren't; given that they profit share on TATL routes?
They both have different pricing strategies and benefits (like SWUs, UUA) so it does not all have to be equal.

That being said - and even though I have an aa issued ticket - I would accept it if AA also cancelled.

What I would find unacceptable is if AA honours your fare, that BA decides (without communication) not to allow aa ticketed pax into F on BA operated flights and / or not to provide the avios and/or TPs.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 3:29 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by terminalfive
^ Thanks for updates

Surely - if they are allowing you to fly first leg they will have to honour the ticket. Can't see them cancelling / downgrading now
Indeed, and yes thank you for the updates. I think from an EC261 perspective they are on very thin ice now (I am not a lawyer however), though I suppose a three quarters refund won't be a lot of money!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.