Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA "Mad Thursdays" Continue - PRG-MEX in F - £486

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA "Mad Thursdays" Continue - PRG-MEX in F - £486

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2015, 12:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Petrus
Here's a thought.
BA are reading this forum. This isn't personally directed at anyone;
I don't think bragging about how one has found these fares, and then going drama queen when they are cancelled is going to help anyone. The folks at BA aren't all stupid, and can without too much effort piece together a puzzle with bits of data and information, to figure out who is taking the mick, basically.

Is anyone else getting a sour taste from all of this (BA screwing up, Members boasting about 10 trips booked, moaning foul play when cancelled etc...).

How many of you know about the epic ex-CMB and ex-BOM F fares on AA from a few years back? They stuck around for years, because people didn't brag about them straight to the Airlines.
I fail to understand what difference it makes as far as BA reading this forum. That suggests an overly complicated relationship with an airline to me.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by hugolover
They know exactly what you are referring to.
And they reconfirmed that they honour the fare in the classes booked on all flights. Guess I am going to Cancun.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 12:56 pm

Programs: Meow Mix
Originally Posted by henkybaby
And they reconfirmed that they honour the fare in the classes booked on all flights. Guess I am going to Cancun.
Hi henkybaby,

Are you able to post the twitter link of their reply? Just scanning their feed now and it might take a long while

/AE
Old Aug 28, 2015, 12:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold/AF Gold/HHonors Gold/AMEX Plat/Bonvoy Gold/TAP Miles and Go Gold
Originally Posted by IcHot
I fail to understand what difference it makes as far as BA reading this forum. That suggests an overly complicated relationship with an airline to me.
I support you , mistakes happen but the mature thing to do IF I was someone on BA's management is to assume the mistake and respect what was offered. No one forced BA to publish such a fare so I find of very bad PR not honor these tickets. On the other hand people booking 10 trips then OK it might be too much but for people that booked a single trip like myself (on AA.com) then no one can claim that us (customers) that found a fare on a website, that we abused from it.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I have no horse in this race, but it's interesting to see the [apparently] different approaches taken by BA and AA. Whether that is down to the airlines, or the legislative environment they operate in, I neither know nor care. However, as much of my future TATL travel seems to be drifting from BA towards AA, it's an interesting debate. And it reinforces my 'lack of love' for BA these days.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by angeloedades
Hi henkybaby,

Are you able to post the twitter link of their reply? Just scanning their feed now and it might take a long while

/AE
It was a private message. Lets say that it ended with
We look forward to welcoming you on board, henkybaby !
The rest was just that as I was ticketed the flights were confirmed.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 1:01 pm

Programs: Meow Mix
It was a private message. Lets say that it ended with

The rest was just that as I was ticketed the flights were confirmed.
Thanks ^

/AE
Old Aug 28, 2015, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
You can't NOT have BA flights....
I think he means the long haul.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hiima
I think he means the long haul.
I have BA long haul. AA tells me I'm fine.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 1:20 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
FWIW, I just had written confirmation from American Airlines that the PRG-LHR-DFW-MEX//MEX-MIA-LHR-PRG booking that I made will be honoured. I'm very happy with that, although I consider it to be a generous gesture by AA. In future I will consider booking more on aa.com.

Last edited by headingwest; Aug 31, 2015 at 6:38 am Reason: my image was copied by others and used on social media (twitter)
Old Aug 28, 2015, 1:30 pm

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, GFL
Originally Posted by headingwest
FWIW, I just had written confirmation from American Airlines that the PRG-LHR-DFW-MEX//MEX-MIA-LHR-PRG booking that I made will be honoured. I'm very happy with that, although I consider it to be a generous gesture by AA. In future I will consider booking more on aa.com.

Fab.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 1:31 pm

Programs: Executive Club, Miles&More
Originally Posted by SEA-Flyer
They honored GRU-DFW-NRT in F for about that price, so I'd say yes.
Originally Posted by giansil
AA honored the last USA/China mistake on J for 450USD and the Brazil/USA fares on J for 150USD (miscalculation of exchange rate of USD/Brazilian Real.

Pretty clear for me...
Oh ok! Did not realise that!
Old Aug 28, 2015, 1:33 pm

Programs: British Airways
I too do not have a horse in this race, but its hard to ignore the fact that if one were to book on AA.com that you have infinitely more chance of success in these situations than booking on BA.com. Seems like the smart money to book on AA and increase the chance of flying in these situations. Its a shame, but hey ho!
Congrats to those with bookings on AA. looking forward to next Thursday's deal!
Old Aug 28, 2015, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seems clearedforlanding has a gift for getting this done. I believe his strategy is to book for the earliest possible departure.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...l#post25154379

Start with post 133
Old Aug 28, 2015, 1:38 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Petrus
Here's a thought.
BA are reading this forum. This isn't personally directed at anyone;
I don't think bragging about how one has found these fares, and then going drama queen when they are cancelled is going to help anyone. The folks at BA aren't all stupid, and can without too much effort piece together a puzzle with bits of data and information, to figure out who is taking the mick, basically.

Is anyone else getting a sour taste from all of this (BA screwing up, Members boasting about 10 trips booked, moaning foul play when cancelled etc...).

How many of you know about the epic ex-CMB and ex-BOM F fares on AA from a few years back? They stuck around for years, because people didn't brag about them straight to the Airlines.
Thank you for saying that which I have been thinking for some considerable time. I didn't like to add insult to injury but this latest debacle was so predictable.

In the light of the Bratwurst nonsense, if one single person says that they were not suspicious about these fares in the light of everything written here - then I am incredulous.

BA have a lot to answer for.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.