Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA "Mad Thursdays" Continue - PRG-MEX in F - £486

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA "Mad Thursdays" Continue - PRG-MEX in F - £486

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2015, 10:04 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Perhaps that all explains why some people were booked into the 'Y' fare.

My e-ticket confirmation e-mail clearly shows that I'm booked into the J and A buckets in Business and First, and until the ticket is cancelled that's what I expect to be flying in.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 10:07 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Admittedly when booking there were Y sectors offered on some of the options I avoided. However, the ticket rules at time of booking are relevant, not any changes they unilaterally made after the fact.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
At what point can those with AA tickets assume they are ok and proceed with hotel bookings ? Is there a time limit for them to cancel the booking ?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 10:11 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
50k Avios and a refund would be enough to sate me at that point.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 10:16 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Gomac
My AA booking is still intact, is there anybody that booked on AA that's been cancelled?
Mine still intact. Fingers crossed.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by henkybaby
At what point can those with AA tickets assume they are ok and proceed with hotel bookings ? Is there a time limit for them to cancel the booking ?
I think we need to wait 5-7 days or until such time as AA makes some comment about honouring.

I have already moved most OW travel to AA since BA took the guts out of both Avios and OnBusiness points, so AA honouring this fare would sway me even further in their direction as the "better" airline to be doing business with.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 10:21 am

Programs: BA Gold/AF Gold/HHonors Gold/AMEX Plat/Bonvoy Gold/TAP Miles and Go Gold
Originally Posted by henkybaby
I called AA in Lima,Peru (where my ticket is issued because of my CC) and they confirmed it is all booked on AA stock -001- (BA metal) J/F class... the agent told me that historically AA has honored issued tickets in the past even if a ''miscalculation'' of the fare was done.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by Tafflyer
Mine still intact. Fingers crossed.
Mine has also reappeared in the overview on the Executive Club but without my frequent flyer number. I don't dare opening it in MMB as that's when mine went to cancelled last time.

EDIT: I'm on AA stock booked via AA just to clarify
Old Aug 28, 2015, 10:29 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by giansil
I called AA in Lima,Peru (where my ticket is issued because of my CC) and they confirmed it is all booked on AA stock -001- (BA metal) J/F class... the agent told me that historically AA has honored issued tickets in the past even if a ''miscalculation'' of the fare was done.
That's very interesting.

Last edited by headingwest; Aug 28, 2015 at 12:44 pm Reason: typo
Old Aug 28, 2015, 10:31 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by MillionMileMarker
Mine has also reappeared in the overview on the Executive Club but without my frequent flyer number. I don't dare opening it in MMB as that's when mine went to cancelled last time.

EDIT: I'm on AA stock booked via AA just to clarify
What is the ticket status when you log onto aa.com and enter your name and record locator?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by BERbound
What is the ticket status when you log onto aa.com and enter your name and record locator?
Still Ticketed
Old Aug 28, 2015, 10:34 am

I'd imagine that BA and Iberia have not cancelled tickets without consultation with AA and would expect them to follow suit
Old Aug 28, 2015, 10:38 am

Programs: BA Gold/AF Gold/HHonors Gold/AMEX Plat/Bonvoy Gold/TAP Miles and Go Gold
After a couple of calls to Lima and the call center in the USA I have been informed that other people have been calling regarding this ticket and that it will be honored and that AA will not cancel or modify the class of service of an issued ticket and that flights are sold as AA but operated by BA, so in other words we are not subject to BA's cancellations (according to the agents) Crystal clear for me

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by MillionMileMarker
Still Ticketed
^

It will be interesting to see if AA honour this. I'm booked on 001 ticket stock and a mix of BA/AA metal in Feb, albeit all AA flight codes. Admittedly i'd feel more comfortable if it was all AA metal.

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by benjyyy
I'd imagine that BA and Iberia have not cancelled tickets without consultation with AA and would expect them to follow suit
I would not expect AA to follow, but thats just my opinion.

I guess it comes down to how many tickets were sold on AA stock...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.