Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA "Mad Thursdays" Continue - PRG-MEX in F - £486

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA "Mad Thursdays" Continue - PRG-MEX in F - £486

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2015, 1:38 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Originally Posted by Petrus
The folks at BA aren't all stupid.
Not so sure about that. Once I can see making a mistake, but 3 times in a row like clockwork? That's a bit unbelievable to call all of these "mistakes" that only happen every alternate Thursday. Or do Thursday's just have bad karma?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by headingwest
FWIW, I just had written confirmation from American Airlines that the PRG-LHR-DFW-MEX//MEX-MIA-LHR-PRG booking that I made will be honoured. I'm very happy with that, although I consider it to be a generous gesture by AA. In future I will consider booking more on aa.com.
More or less exactly the same as what they told me.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 1:40 pm
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
Originally Posted by gustavmahler
Does AA have a 24-hour cooling off period? Does holding the flights guarantee the original price, if the 'sale fare' is pulled?

Just want to get myself ready for next week!
I held Viking and Tequila well after the the fare was pulled and had them both ticketed at the low price one I pulled the trigger (45 minutes ago on this one).
Old Aug 28, 2015, 1:56 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Originally Posted by dsf
Quote:

Originally Posted by gustavmahler

Does AA have a 24-hour cooling off period? Does holding the flights guarantee the original price, if the 'sale fare' is pulled?

Just want to get myself ready for next week!

I held Viking and Tequila well after the the fare was pulled and had them both ticketed at the low price one I pulled the trigger (45 minutes ago on this one).
Good to know. Thanks!
Old Aug 28, 2015, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Thank you for saying that which I have been thinking for some considerable time. I didn't like to add insult to injury but this latest debacle was so predictable.

In the light of the Bratwurst nonsense, if one single person says that they were not suspicious about these fares in the light of everything written here - then I am incredulous.

BA have a lot to answer for.
BA is on the verge of becoming a complete joke, in many areas. In fact, "DumbAss Airways"

Glad to have half of my future sectors on US/AA ... it would be more if I didn't use BA for JER-UK-DUB Basically 3 l/h trips in MMB, of which only one is BA [2-4-1 to the Caribbean]. The BAEC/Avios changes effectively signed me out of the programme, so I now shop elsewhere.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 2:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
AA are being more cautious with me and are going to clarify.... Maybe too many people have been asking them to confirm.

Last edited by Gomac; Aug 28, 2015 at 2:54 pm
Old Aug 28, 2015, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by headingwest
FWIW, I just had written confirmation from American Airlines that the PRG-LHR-DFW-MEX//MEX-MIA-LHR-PRG booking that I made will be honoured. I'm very happy with that, although I consider it to be a generous gesture by AA. In future I will consider booking more on aa.com.

"But it seems that the fare may have been an error fare"

Butter wouldn't melt in your mouth...
Old Aug 28, 2015, 2:58 pm

Well that´s it, no more BA bookings. Hello AA.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 3:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Subcard
I wonder who it benefits the most with this approach from BA & AA. BA is pleased it wont have to honour these fares in future and most people on this forum will book with AA when they see a mistake fare.

However, how many people will be p***** off with BAs handling of Bratwurstgate and Tequilagate that regardless of an error/sale/normal fare will just book with AA?

I still haven't got my refund for £1390 to Sydney. I'm not angry that they cancelled my booking, I'm angry they responded so poorly, did not notify me that my refund was being processed or when it would take place.

I accept this forum doesn't reflect the general public but it certainly does hold some spending power for the airlines.

Its clear to see that BA don't particularly care about how their frequent flyers react in these situations and how AA has more of a risk with these situations and is more inclined to look after its customers.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 3:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold/AF Gold/HHonors Gold/AMEX Plat/Bonvoy Gold/TAP Miles and Go Gold
Originally Posted by GTR56
I wonder who it benefits the most with this approach from BA & AA. BA is pleased it wont have to honour these fares in future and most people on this forum will book with AA when they see a mistake fare.

However, how many people will be p***** off with BAs handling of Bratwurstgate and Tequilagate that regardless of an error/sale/normal fare will just book with AA?

I still haven't got my refund for £1390 to Sydney. I'm not angry that they cancelled my booking, I'm angry they responded so poorly, did not notify me that my refund was being processed or when it would take place.

I accept this forum doesn't reflect the general public but it certainly does hold some spending power for the airlines.

Its clear to see that BA don't particularly care about how their frequent flyers react in these situations and how AA has more of a risk with these situations and is more inclined to look after its customers.
+1
Old Aug 28, 2015, 3:47 pm

I can't imagine BA cares a jot. Under the JV they get the same regardless of whose metal it is.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by windowontheAside
I can't imagine BA cares a jot. Under the JV they get the same regardless of whose metal it is.
Only for TATL.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 3:56 pm

Programs: ROP *G, BAEC Gold, HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by windowontheAside
Under the JV, would both airliners' customer need to be treated equally and fairly? DOT discrimination complain against BA? After all, one needs to be physically on US soil and clear custom before connecting to Mexico.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 4:17 pm
Suspended

I have no skin in the game, but these tales have further harmed BA's reputation with me. It costs nothing to communicate in a reasonable manner with customers and they failed.

Whether they cancel or give the ride, what an awful treatment of thrillseeking, enthusiastic travelers. The purchasers are not gaining a financial advantage. They may be considered a nuisance, but how much travel do they generate and does BA want to suppress that?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 5:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
Got the email, looking forward to a discussion with CR in the morning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.