FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA "Mad Thursdays" Continue - PRG-MEX in F - £486
Old Aug 28, 2015, 3:38 pm
giansil

Programs: BA Gold/AF Gold/HHonors Gold/AMEX Plat/Bonvoy Gold/TAP Miles and Go Gold
Originally Posted by GTR56
I wonder who it benefits the most with this approach from BA & AA. BA is pleased it wont have to honour these fares in future and most people on this forum will book with AA when they see a mistake fare.

However, how many people will be p***** off with BAs handling of Bratwurstgate and Tequilagate that regardless of an error/sale/normal fare will just book with AA?

I still haven't got my refund for £1390 to Sydney. I'm not angry that they cancelled my booking, I'm angry they responded so poorly, did not notify me that my refund was being processed or when it would take place.

I accept this forum doesn't reflect the general public but it certainly does hold some spending power for the airlines.

Its clear to see that BA don't particularly care about how their frequent flyers react in these situations and how AA has more of a risk with these situations and is more inclined to look after its customers.
+1