Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So - who got a free upgrade this week?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2017, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I believe it is the same logic: pre-allocated seats for those with special needs and for those with toddlers are not usually selected for either upgrades or downgrades.
Ah well, thought as much (although I did notice a family next to me got upgraded on one of the flights). Good thing I should have Silver pretty soon then isn't it
Old Apr 15, 2017, 12:55 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by mangochutney
Ah well, thought as much (although I did notice a family next to me got upgraded on one of the flights). Good thing I should have Silver pretty soon then isn't it
Families are tricky: if there is a toddler without a seat then upgrading (and downgrading) gets complicated by the fact that the duplicate oxygen supply isn't necessarily present in all parts of the aircraft. If all passengers in the family group have a seat then that would be different.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 1:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold
....apparently a hen party of 5 or 6 well-behaved ladies (one in a wedding dress) travelling to Madrid this morning upgraded from CE / CW to F.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Families are tricky: if there is a toddler without a seat then upgrading (and downgrading) gets complicated by the fact that the duplicate oxygen supply isn't necessarily present in all parts of the aircraft. If all passengers in the family group have a seat then that would be different.
Er, pass. Theirs (and mine) were bulkhead seats (in WT+) so presumably they were using the bassinet. Honestly not sure of the specifics - just know that one minute they were there, the next they weren't and they weren't in WT when I wandered back later, so assumed (and certainly hope) they got upgraded.

It's not a whinge, anyway - was just curious. Assuming I get the necessary 90 TP between now and July it'll be my first time being Silver, I don't fly often enough to get bent out of shape over not getting upgrades

Last edited by mangochutney; Apr 15, 2017 at 1:30 pm
Old Apr 15, 2017, 3:36 pm
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Just got a salubrious text from my sister - straight from WT to CW on a long haul out of LHR. Her best friend is a CSM and left a note for the crew. It worked apparently, as when my sister (she has BA Blue) boarded, the CSD discreetly walked her and her mother-in-law to seats in CW. It was a special occasion, so that was lovely for them. Great when it happens to family, although the CSM apparently said it was a rare occurrence.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 3:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold ; HH Diamond
Travelled LGW to GLA on 12 April having been allocated 14F as Gold due to new seating allocation after intro of CE. Leaving First lounge (nice) i saw the seat change to 1A - hurray. First upgrade on a domestic!

I flex between LGW and LHR for my weekly trips so wondering if LGW is a better upgrade opportunity.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 7:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Brown, Hilton Gold
First ever upgrade (in 30 years of flying) from WT to WT+ on a flight from LHR to PEK last week. I think due to an aircraft change but not really sure!
Old Apr 17, 2017, 4:32 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver. Back of the plane on everyone else.
Delayed report:

Upgrade from ET to CE on LGW-BRI (Bari) on 3 April. Was a one way ticket (return on different airline). Flight had a large group of school kids, so wondered if it was to clear space for them in the back.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 3:03 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Just got upgraded at the gate on my GOT-LHR flight. Exit row to "ciabatta class" 3C but nice.
App still shows my original seat so unexpected.
Unsure if status related, the upgrade God's were on my side today or BA saw it was my birthday.
Even got a mention that i was GGL from the desk at GF earlier and that's that first time since November.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Many happy returns !
Old Apr 18, 2017, 5:43 am

The app is saying 15J for my next flight although still WT+ on my boarding pass.
Possibly 2 upgrades in one day if that's right although my seat is fine in the first place and not so near the toilet as the A380 CW seat.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Go to the ticketing desk and get your new boarding pass
Old Apr 18, 2017, 6:02 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
BA206 MIA-LHR, C to F.
Thanks BA.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Go to the ticketing desk and get your new boarding pass
The last two times i had upgrades, i was given a new boarding pass when checking into a lounge. Nothing today.

The gate scanner at GOT beeped and came up with "check seat" so i assumed it was because i had an exit row seat and they wanted to make sure i was fine sitting there (happened before).
Old Apr 18, 2017, 7:55 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by xenole
The app is saying 15J for my next flight although still WT+ on my boarding pass.
Possibly 2 upgrades in one day if that's right although my seat is fine in the first place and not so near the toilet as the A380 CW seat.
That sounds like a definite upgrade. The main flight info page on the app with the departure time updates to the new seat, but the boarding pass on the app never does.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.