Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So - who got a free upgrade this week?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2017, 6:49 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Me and friend got WTP-CW four out of four last month. In separate tickets and each one within 15 mins of the other. I think separate tickets helped! Good luck
Nice... I dont hold out much hope as I have no luck lol but that would be a great start to the trip especially as its the overnight.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 8:57 am
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
DXB does seem to be getting lots of W-J upgrades reported on here. Lots of leapfrogging from WT directly to CW too. However We didn't get one on a heavily oversold flight in late Jan and I'm convinced it was due to the presence of our 6 month old baby in the booking.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 11:29 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
Red beep on boarding last night shifted me from J to F on return from CPT which was very welcome. Only irritating element was having to wait for half the plane to disembark at LHR before the F pax could exit. Badly managed by the CSM
Old Mar 11, 2017, 5:49 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
So I'm la la la wandering around killing time in T5 before my flight this morning to Madrid, then decide to head off to the gate to board the plane. My boarding pass was scanned and a weird beep was made. I assume it was because i had picked an emergency exit seat. Then I was presented with a new ticket and seat .

My first ever upgrade. That's totally made my day!
Old Mar 13, 2017, 5:57 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
My first upgrade as a GGL & CCR holder of 3 years...from ET to CE from GVA-LHR.

Frustratingly, it was on an Avios ticket, but BA did well in my view by upgrading both myself, and my friend (a lowly Blue).

M
Old Mar 18, 2017, 1:25 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Magic beep at the gate for last nights (17th March) BA32, HKG>LHR from CW to F.
Was very surprised given I had a CW > F upgrade in January on a PHL>LHR flight but I was on a fully flexible CW fare on this trip and the CSD mentioned there were about 10 staff travel people onboard whom they managed to squeeze in, so a combo of my fare / status may have swung it.

Not expected anything for at least another 5yrs now!

Pilot37
Old Mar 18, 2017, 10:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Yey! First upgrade since turning gold in August 16. Long time lurker and thank you for the knowledge passed on by the regular posters of FT.

WTP to CW on BA108 DXB to LHR.

I had boarding pass issues on the app during OLCI but panic subsided on the way to the airport when I realised our seats had changed to CW

Very excited to try out the CW seats on 787-9. Topped a memorable holiday and restored some faith in BA after a few minor negatives over the last few months.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 1:03 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by geordiejetsetter
Yey! First upgrade since turning gold in August 16. Long time lurker and thank you for the knowledge passed on by the regular posters of FT.

I had boarding pass issues on the app during OLCI but panic subsided on the way to the airport when I realised our seats had changed to CW

Very excited to try out the CW seats on 787-9. Topped a memorable holiday and restored some faith in BA after a few minor negatives over the last few months.
Good to hear - as you may have noted above there are lots of W-J upgrades on the DXB route. I for one have had it 70% of the time in 10 return trips.

I like CW on the 788/9, esp 3AK and 7AK. Hope you enjoyed your flight!
Old Mar 18, 2017, 1:21 pm

Programs: VS, BA, HH Gold
Downgrades?

Is there a similar thread for forced/mandatory downgrades???

Would be good to keep a tally of circumstances, ticket type, status, reason given, etc?
Old Mar 19, 2017, 7:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hyatt WOH Discoverist
First upgrade since joining BAEC in 2012. BA16 SYD-SIN WTP->CW last Saturday after OLCI, just under 3 hours before departure. Saw on EF that our previously occupied seats in WTP were empty and checked the BA App, which confirmed that my partner (GCH) and I had been moved.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 6:04 am

Programs: Was BA GGL but no longer travelling
I got my first ever upgrade on Thursday, SEA to LHR, from WTP to CW. Had my BP on my phone showing 22A but when I re-checked it on the train to the airport it showed 11A. Wording on bottom of printed BP showed "Invol upgrade due over sales".

Nice, especially with it being a night flight. Drinks followed by lie-flat bed :-)
Old Mar 20, 2017, 6:08 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by geordiejetsetter

I am still holding out hope for my LHR to DXB trip although there is still decent space in WTP but looks like Y is quite full, Oh well we will see:

F0 A0 J9 C9 D9 R9 I9 W9 E7 T7 Y6 B0 H0 K0 M0 L0 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0 G0
Old Mar 20, 2017, 7:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
My wife was booked into WTP on a LHR-EWR flight last week (on a four-cabin 777). Two weeks before the flight, on the BA app, it showed her seat was changed to 1A (first). Seemed strange to be upgraded two cabins (she is BAEC Gold but not sure if that makes a difference). Of course she did not question this and prepared herself to be re-assigned back to WTP at the airport but sure enough she remained in first and had a very enjoyable flight.

Speaking to some BA people, this appears to have been a very rare occurrence. Has anybody else experienced something similar and can anybody suggest why this happened?
Old Mar 20, 2017, 7:11 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Not this week but a couple of weeks ago, myself and the family were upgraded to WTP flying back from Montreal. Was a redemption flight and Y was not even very full, but CSD came to say hello after the doors were closed and asked if we wanted to move.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 7:26 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
OpUp from ET to CE this morning LHR BRU.

New seat on BP issued in CCR when I asked for paper copy - app showed new seat but I hadn't noticed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.