Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So - who got a free upgrade this week?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2017, 4:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Lucanesque
Got an email from the Amex TA this morning "contact us urgently about a major change to your flight", dreaded the worst and assumed Doris had done the dirty and it was cancelled, checked the app and I'd been upgraded from WT+ to CW on tomorrow morning's LHR-JFK

First time ever I've had an upgrade before check in. Today is a happy Friday
Well done ^ enjoy. I'm sure Hyattdiamant will be delighted to hear this
Old Feb 24, 2017, 5:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mike&co
Well done ^ enjoy. I'm sure Hyattdiamant will be delighted to hear this
Thanks! LOL, yep, sorry Hyattdiamant, upgrades do happen. That said, this will will only be my second upgrade in 20 years (first being just to DUB last year).
Old Mar 4, 2017, 7:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Upgraded again on the way home from JFK

Was already checked in to WT+, went straight to the First desk at JFK, asked to buy an upgrade, was told "certainly, that'll be $1,000", said that's a bit steep for an upgrade to CW, and the lovely lady told me I was already sat in CW - WIN!
Old Mar 5, 2017, 3:21 pm

Just went to see how long until OLCI opens for BA92 tomorrow and noticed my seat had changed from W to J before I had even checked in.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 4:50 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Calum
Just went to see how long until OLCI opens for BA92 tomorrow and noticed my seat had changed from W to J before I had even checked in.
That's YYZ-LHR for those of you playing along at home. Nice, Calum!
Old Mar 7, 2017, 3:07 pm

Programs: IC Amb :-(, UA silver, BA Gold, SPG Plat, A-Club Plat, Marriott Plat
Lax-lhr WT+ to CW

I noted at/around OLCI that WT+ was full.

Went and enjoyed the lax F lounge (I'm a GCH) and at the gate was handed a CW BP in place of my WT+ one.

Having UUA'ed from J to F a few times during the year and from WT+ to CW the previous week I was surprised that the algorithm picked me but very happy about that as the night flight was a lot more pleasant in CW.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 2:07 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Got upgraded from Y to CE LHR to FRA on 06/03. GGL and fly every weekend, also longhaul to Singapore /Australia ... Over 100 flights a year and had no upgrades in last 2 years !.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 11:58 am

Upgraded at the gate from WTP to J on this mornings BA108 DXB-LHR.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 7:34 am

Programs: BAEC GfL, currently GGL
J to F ex IAD Tonight.

Stuck in j at (paper) checkin, two gins later, refresh the app and a move forward presents itself.

first ever upgrade since joining BAEC in 1994!
Old Mar 9, 2017, 9:54 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
BA105 LHR-DXB last night

WTP -> CW after OLCI, about 3 hours to departure.

Another BA silver also upgraded.

No POUG offered and from 3 days out could not upgrade with cash (website & Silver line both could not work out why). Wonder whether DUT had already earmarked for the op up and hence didn't allow it with cash..?
Old Mar 10, 2017, 2:59 am

Programs: TK Elite, BA Gold
BA 761 OSL-LHR this morning 10A to 1F on A319. I'm not sure if it was a upgrade though! Except I was first of the plane! The flight was overbooked!

egon_olsen
Old Mar 10, 2017, 3:17 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by Foofighter69
BA105 LHR-DXB last night

WTP -> CW after OLCI, about 3 hours to departure.

Another BA silver also upgraded.

No POUG offered and from 3 days out could not upgrade with cash (website & Silver line both could not work out why). Wonder whether DUT had already earmarked for the op up and hence didn't allow it with cash..?
There is hope for my LHR to DXB flight in 2 weeks in that case lol, Although its not expected would be nice and there seems to be a few DXB upgrades going on from W => J at the moment! Just hope I haven't jinxed it
Old Mar 10, 2017, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by cgtechuk
There is hope for my LHR to DXB flight in 2 weeks in that case lol, Although its not expected would be nice and there seems to be a few DXB upgrades going on from W => J at the moment! Just hope I haven't jinxed it
Me and friend got WTP-CW four out of four last month. In separate tickets and each one within 15 mins of the other. I think separate tickets helped! Good luck
Old Mar 10, 2017, 4:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Cymro
I'd check that - are you 100% sure it's not an aircraft change? E.g., you might find that the 63A you were after on the upper deck of a 747 is actually WTP on an A380 - or do you mean that you've upgraded with avios?
I upgraded with Avios.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 4:49 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
ET - CE AMS-LHR this week, so not the best UG ever but of course it was welcome.. When I left the lounge I was still in ET on the app, so it happened during the long walk to D26.

I was one of the last to board and saw 2 new BPs on the desk - hoped one was mine and it was! Sadly I had already eaten in the lounge as was expecting to be in ET so didn't really want the lovely-looking salad

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.