Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So - who got a free upgrade this week?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2023, 12:00 pm

Programs: BAEC
Upgraded on route to the airport with an in app seat change the give away! BA222 last night from BNA-LHR on a 787-9. Was dreading the over night in Y so a seat in Y+ was really welcome. Much easier to sleep in.

The 787-8 seat on the outbound in Y was an uncomfortable as everyone makes out to be! But survived.

really good crew and catering as well so was impressed with BA Crew in my 6 flights on 5 days. Sadly too many delays though. Each sector had at least 1hr delay.
Old Apr 25, 2023, 2:16 am

Programs: ASLEF
Originally Posted by acearchie
Very pleasantly surprised to my first upgrade and first trip in CW on a recent trip from LHR -> JFK.

Service was perfect and the seat was brilliant. Now the frustrating thing is settling for WTP on the way back.

Interestingly, me and my partner were travelling on single bookings in different classes (as work pays for my trip and I am collecting tier points) and we were both upgraded due to a packed out flight!
Nice upgrade. Just FYI the barcode on the side of the boarding pass contains your ticket number, BAEC number, PNR and your name. It is advisable to obscure boarding card barcodes, especially when you still have the return leg to fly. Anyone can access your booking and change your seat, order a special meal or worse with the information in that picture.
BertieBadger and acearchie like this.
Old Apr 25, 2023, 4:29 am

Programs: BA GfL, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Upgraded from Y - > WT+ - RUH - LHR. Flight was quite full down the back but there were spare seats so not sure why I was upgraded but obviously not complaining (and BP had the usual "Enjoy your Upgrade - Thanks for Flying BA message" that i've had before). Judging by the screaming kids in Y I dodged a bullet as I was in 26A originally. My new seat was 24F which I promptly moved to 20J and 20K was free so was even nicer.
TrainDriverSparky likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2023, 9:39 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, BA Silver, AC, AF/KL, AV, VS | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
The first four of us in Group 1 got the negative beep when boarding a MAN-LHR flight this past Sunday morning. Turns out we were all upgraded to CE but didn't know it. (I just don't get why the app's Home page will update your new seat but it won't update the boarding pass or allow you to download the new one.)

No such luck on my connection to BHD, and in fact, the blocked seat next to me became unblocked and we went out 100% full.
Malcleask likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 7:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Not me, but my mother got an upgrade from WTP to CW on yesterday's BA108 DXB-LHR at check in. She's Bronze and was very happy with the upgrade.
Paren likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by moral_low_ground
Upgraded from Y - > WT+ - RUH - LHR.....not sure why I was upgraded....
Our first upgrade years ago was from W to J from LGW to GND. Also very welcome. We regularly flew J short haul and W long haul - and thought the upgrade was more than a random bonus. Having temped us into the Club cabin, the bait worked!
That said we're flying J today, short haul. As we're in the QOG fare bucket the chances; gratis, UuA or paid for at the airport, are zero.
Old May 16, 2023, 7:42 am

Programs: British Airways
Upgraded yesterday to CE when boarding WAW-LHR. Looked like a full flight with a few empty seats in Club.
Old May 24, 2023, 10:56 am

Programs: BAEC
Upgraded on way to GVA just now. Had a feeling as only 6 BA flights running today. Plus the 11:50 was cancelled meaning spillover to other flights. Slightly annoyed as I had 12C in exit row in ET. Not fussed about the extravagant meal I am about to receive as I already pigged out in CCR.

Just wished I had checked app for new BP as I got hauled aside and had to stand there like some sort of criminal for a minute or two.
Old May 24, 2023, 3:25 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Platinum Elite, Avis President's Club
Bagged a nice one from MUC yesterday as plane changed from a cavernous 11A on a 320 to very squashed 11a on a 321... Asked politely at check in whether there was room in 9 or 10 as had bagged an exit to be told they were now Club. 'Never mind' I said, 'I will stay where I am, but thanks' only to be told that I could move to 7 instead.

So it pays to be pleasant to people and an afternoon tea with legs at a pleasant 30 degree sideways angle was a lovely surprise!
LancashireFlyer likes this.
Old May 25, 2023, 1:05 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club, Accor Diamond, other airline programmes very basic
Was upgraded from ET to CE on my short flight from LCY to GLA yesterday afternoon- not sure why tbh as when I looked back after the doors had closed , there were empty seats behind the curtain.......very much appreciated as it allowed me to disembark quickly as I was heading to work. Inflight meal though was the strangest I've ever encountered on an LCY flight- it was described as tapas by the inflight manager and consisted of some carrot and celery sticks, a tiny scotch egg and some pickles together with a piece of chocolate cake.
Old May 25, 2023, 2:19 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue
Originally Posted by BarelyBAGold
Was upgraded from ET to CE on my short flight from LCY to GLA yesterday afternoon- not sure why tbh as when I looked back after the doors had closed , there were empty seats behind the curtain.......very much appreciated as it allowed me to disembark quickly as I was heading to work. Inflight meal though was the strangest I've ever encountered on an LCY flight- it was described as tapas by the inflight manager and consisted of some carrot and celery sticks, a tiny scotch egg and some pickles together with a piece of chocolate cake.
That sounds like the picnic plate which should also have a mini smoked salmon and cream cheese bagel and a fruit skewer. The cake would have been ginger cake.
Old May 26, 2023, 2:43 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, Accor Diamond, other airline programmes very basic
Originally Posted by EJetter
That sounds like the picnic plate which should also have a mini smoked salmon and cream cheese bagel and a fruit skewer. The cake would have been ginger cake.
Thanks, you're absolutely correct- it did have a mini smoked salmon and cream cheese bagel and a fruit skewer also (they were so small I had forgotten about them!).
Old Jun 4, 2023, 2:26 am

Programs: BA Gold
I need to buy a lottery ticket today! Got to the F Wing for a flight to LAX. Asked about AUP price from W to J and it was reasonably reasonable so I decided to splash out. First desk couldn't do it, second desk took ages to get through to the back office and then their phone didn't work. Third desk also took ages to get through, when they did get through there was some confusion... In the faff time between arriving and first BP being printed to them finally getting through (about 20 mins) I had been op-upped in the background. Very pleased with that!
Old Jun 9, 2023, 3:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Yay! First non opup for 3-4 years... - but with AA (no AA status) on OKC-DCA.
Old Jun 12, 2023, 3:33 pm

Programs: AB BA Waterloo Mama Mia
Although likely jinxing myself are there any steps to improve my chances...currently YVR to LHR appears to be quite full...WT+ has 2 seats..I have one and am Silver in the first row as a single traveller. I have read on the forums that sometimes y our name called at the boarding area, sometimes the beep when boarding, sometimes well before the flight, sometimes in the lounge (in Vancouver this is not a dedicated BA lounge so I assume not).

Or.....forgot about it and be pleasantly surprised?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.