Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2022, 6:38 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
My first ever
Y to J - LHR-MAN
Old Sep 14, 2022, 12:03 am

Programs: AB BA Waterloo Mama Mia
My first flying over 15 years

Lhr to tlv...economy to premium plus with empty seats on either side of me...I was in a pissy mood yesterday that lifted my spirits with a wonderful cabin crew ba167...silver....upgraded.at gate...seek assistance message when bp scanned.

Last edited by testycal; Sep 14, 2022 at 12:09 am Reason: I am silver
Old Sep 14, 2022, 2:04 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
YVR-LHR on 2 July: ticketed in business on the A380, upgraded to F. Was rather surprised post-COVID.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 3:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum
PDX to LHR. Redeemed my Avios reward ticket in WT and got upgraded to CW at check in. Not sure why because WT and WT+ is not even full according to expert flyer (More than 9 seats available in WT and 1 seat left in WT+). I am a BA Gold and this is the first time getting a free upgrade.
haroon145 and becks1 like this.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 5:59 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Upgraded from 25A to 1A on 2010 (actually left at 2130) LHR-EDI at the Gate. Yesterday.
Right from the back to the front !!
ENTP and LancashireFlyer like this.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 8:11 am

Programs: AA Platinum
I had the same lucky experience both ways, BOS - LHR. I booked World Traveller Plus BOS - LHR and LHR - BOS, and on both legs, I got a surprise, unasked for upgrade to Club World. It was an amazing treat! I am AA Platinum (so OneWorld Sapphire) and was using my AAdvantage number rather than my no-status BA Executive Club. Right at T-24hours, I went to check in on the app, and my seat had been changed to Club World. The experience was great on all fronts.
PETER01, Tobias-UK, becks1 and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 9:55 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by b8brooks
I had the same lucky experience both ways, BOS - LHR. I booked World Traveller Plus BOS - LHR and LHR - BOS, and on both legs, I got a surprise, unasked for upgrade to Club World. It was an amazing treat! I am AA Platinum (so OneWorld Sapphire) and was using my AAdvantage number rather than my no-status BA Executive Club. Right at T-24hours, I went to check in on the app, and my seat had been changed to Club World. The experience was great on all fronts.
BA trying to lure you away from AA.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 11:22 am

Programs: BA, UA, Marriot
Upgraded from 7A to 1D on the last LHR-GLA last Sunday evening. A nice surprise after a long day working and watching the marathon. Sadly the car was at GLA so was unable to avail myself of any booze. I noticed that the boarding pass stated "Thank you from BA - Enjoy your upgrade" - is this a new thing? I've never seen this on any upgrade I ever received previously.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 2:03 pm

I got one from 3F Euro Traveller to 1B this morning from DUB to LCY, meaning coffee in a proper cup
Old Oct 6, 2022, 3:08 pm

Upgraded from World Traveller Plus to Club on ORD-LHR this week. Thanks, BA, very grateful and happy GGL flyer.
TrainDriverSparky likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 3:12 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Captain Schmidt
I noticed that the boarding pass stated "Thank you from BA - Enjoy your upgrade" - is this a new thing? I've never seen this on any upgrade I ever received previously.
About 6 months ago I think. There have been other words such as INVOL UG DUT but indeed it's now a bit clearer.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 3:29 pm

The concept of "involuntary" upgrade is... amusing.

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
About 6 months ago I think. There have been other words such as INVOL UG DUT but indeed it's now a bit clearer.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 12:27 am

Programs: AB BA Waterloo Mama Mia
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
The concept of "involuntary" upgrade is... amusing.
Does conjure up a picture of passengers being sent into a cubicle with heavy lighting and a good agent/bad agent scenario intended to weed out of those who do not want an upgrade, questionning taking place and as the boarding queue clears up, tired and defeated travellers accepting their fate.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 1:44 am

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!
I didn't get a free-upgrade from economy on my return flight from Bodrum last weekend, but I did get a pleasant greeting from the cabin manager and a free glass of bubbly mid-flight.
becks1 likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by testycal
Does conjure up a picture of passengers being sent into a cubicle with heavy lighting and a good agent/bad agent scenario intended to weed out of those who do not want an upgrade, questionning taking place and as the boarding queue clears up, tired and defeated travellers accepting their fate.
Or someone dragged, kicking and screaming, and being placed in a CW or F seat!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.