Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So - who got a free upgrade this week?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2022, 11:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
BA890 LHR-SOF upgraded today from ET to CE, found out when I went in to the BA app to check something and saw my seat had changed! Never had an upgrade applied in advance of getting to the gate before. Very pleased as I was going to AUP for the TP anyway!

Edit: I’m assuming I won’t get CE TP as it’s a free upgrade?
Sealink and becks1 like this.

Last edited by Lucanesque; Nov 13, 2022 at 12:01 am
Old Nov 13, 2022, 12:18 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Lucanesque
BA890 LHR-SOF upgraded today from ET to CE, found out when I went in to the BA app to check something and saw my seat had changed! Never had an upgrade applied in advance of getting to the gate before. Very pleased as I was going to AUP for the TP anyway!

Edit: I’m assuming I won’t get CE TP as it’s a free upgrade?
No extra TPs! But enjoy your flight 👍🏻
Lucanesque likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 12:25 am

just got off BA294 ord>lhr and was upgraded before I got to the airport.
AA app showed me in seat 16B (which doesnt seem to exist?) but BA had me moved from WTP to CW an A380.
BA silver, on course for Gold in March. First upgrade in a while.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 5:13 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite & Lifetime Gold, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard
Last month I got my first upgrade on BA (WT+ to CW on BA107 DXB > LHR) despite flying BA for over 10 years. I found out when I tried to select my seats.

Was this because I'm a shiny new Silver for the first time? Every other year I've been a dull Bronze and the DXB flights in particular are always rammed (or at least when I fly).
Dreaming of WT+ likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 12:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Surprise upgrade from WT to WT+ on BA116 JFK-LHR November 2nd. One of my first flights since qualifying for Gold so perhaps that played into it? It was a nice surprise.
kath2049 likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 1:09 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Did not really get an upgrade on the BA 16 flight a couple of weeks ago (WT+ and J were full) but the treatment was just exceptional. Was greeted and offered a bottle of water the moment I was seated, was offered champagne during the meal service, was given the J class amenity kit and was told to let him know if ever I needed anything. The seat next to me was vacant as well. Definitely one of the best flights with BA flying WT
Old Nov 14, 2022, 8:33 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Mrs firstlight and Miss firstlight both upgraded from ET (exit row) to CE on an avios booking. Possible reasons; mrs firstlight is ggl and miss firstlight is 21 today...
Old Nov 14, 2022, 9:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
I was upgraded on Saturday on DUB-LHR. Checked my app on the way to the airport to see if we were on time and noticed I'd been moved from 11F to 1C. I reissued my boarding pass and that was that. Great crew and an excellent flight all round. I think the reason for the upgrade was a full flight.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 5:35 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
LHR AMS last Thursday . A welcome and first ever upgrade after 10 years of Gold . Welcome as given emergency exit seats in CE on a A321 .Lots of space and Champagne . Given some bottles to take away . Crew were wonderful.

Got the bleep at the gate and sent over to a supervisor who checked our BPs and just sent us in our way . Then another couple arrived on the full flight with the same seat numbers . Confusion caused and took a while for them to realise we were were upgraded .
becks1 likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 6:23 am

JFK-LHR-ACC. Checking in at LHR, I inquired about purchasing an upgrade, agreed to price only to find out I was upgraded from WT+ to CW. Not sure if this factors into it but I am AA EXP/OWE.

Have an ongoing dispute with BA involving having to buy a new ticket to board a flight in Greece because their system didn’t process a payment for a flight change. Customer relations attempt was useless in resolving the issue/refund and Amex chargeback unsuccessful. Wondering if the is is some sort of apology/compensation? Seat map from a few days ago showed many available seats in WT+. Or maybe I’m just lucky and should press on with my dispute?
becks1 likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 7:53 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by salut0
Surprise upgrade from WT to WT+ on BA116 JFK-LHR November 2nd. One of my first flights since qualifying for Gold so perhaps that played into it? It was a nice surprise.
I think upgrades with BA happen because of cabins being oversold, in which case they then prioritise by status etc

i.e. if the cabin wasnt oversold you most likely would not have gotten your upgrade
ErableJaponaise likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 5:28 pm

Programs: BMI Dimond club, BA Executive Club
Plane change of 787-9 to a 787-8. Got bumped WT+ to Club for Montreal to LHR. Even changed to a direct aisle access window seat.

First upgrade I've been flying with them for 10 odd years.

Very happy camper
becks1 likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 6:09 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by pacenotes
Plane change of 787-9 to a 787-8. Got bumped WT+ to Club for Montreal to LHR. Even changed to a direct aisle access window seat.

First upgrade I've been flying with them for 10 odd years.

Very happy camper
Glad to hear it. Montreal is a strange one, I've always got upgraded from wt+ to cw when flying from Montreal, either at check-in or at the gate. Not sure why.
Old Nov 20, 2022, 8:14 am

WT to WTP lhr to yvr (not really though)

Two of us travelling in WT from London to Vancouver on what felt like an old 777. None of the entertainment systems (which include seat lights) in our row of three worked. Mentioned to cabin lead who happened to be serving us, and after a couple failed system restarts and the meal service concluded, moved us to an empty row of four in WTP.

First time in WTP. Much more comfortable seat and entertainment experience, but not sure id feel the same if the whole row of four was filled.

On way back to London, my name was called at gate. Got excited for a moment but it was just a random passport check!
Sealink likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 7:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum. Aspiring flyer with both feet on the ground.
A very welcome change from HBO to CE on today's otherwise rammed early morning ATH-LHR flight in an A320neo. Was called at the gate before boarding and was given a new BP. I heard a few beeps when boarding so I think this was a lucky flight for others too.
becks1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.