Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So - who got a free upgrade this week?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2020, 1:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Hilton Gold, Nordic Choice Gold
I got a free upgrade to CE on the LHR-ARN segment of my NCL-LHR-ARN trip yesterday (I had to rebook due to a cancellation and there was no space in economy). However my joy was short lived as the NCL-LHR leg arrived late which meant I missed the connection so BA rebooked me on SAS and downgraded back down to Y.

Just wondering if I dare claim for an involuntary downgrade...?
Old Feb 18, 2020, 2:33 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by tigertanaka
I got a free upgrade to CE on the LHR-ARN segment of my NCL-LHR-ARN trip yesterday (I had to rebook due to a cancellation and there was no space in economy). However my joy was short lived as the NCL-LHR leg arrived late which meant I missed the connection so BA rebooked me on SAS and downgraded back down to Y.

Just wondering if I dare claim for an involuntary downgrade...?
I have a felling that the answer will be YGWYPF: you got what you paid for...
Old Feb 18, 2020, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

MrLapLap is flying on the Dreamliner today for the first time since an excruciatingly uncomfortable trip between LHR-ICN on the B788 a few years ago. Hoped the B789 might be a little bit better, was rather tiring performing corrective massage to get the knots out after those flights - took days!
Have just discovered he’s been put into Economy Plus for today’s NRT-LHR trip. I don’t think he even realises yet. Could be that I get more out of this upgrade than he does.
MrLapLap doesn’t usually complain about Economy flights but the discomfort felt in that B788 is a LapFamily legend, so I couldn’t be more delighted about this particular gift from BA - VERY appreciated!
Old Feb 23, 2020, 1:55 pm

LHR-TLV CW->first today. I was connecting in T5B and was asked to show my boarding pass and passport. The boarding pass didn't scan, the agent looked puzzled but then printed a new one for me and said: it's a new seat. What a nice surprise! Totally unexpected (I'm only silver).

Shuly
orbitmic likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 1:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, ITA Volare Executive
JFK-LHR WT+>CW on today’s BA112, nice little surprise at the end of a BA Holidays trip, my last with my tin-foil card too! Upgrade processed at the lounge after my inbound connection.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 10:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond
LHR-DUS BA940 Y>CE(?)
Boarded a lightly loaded A321, sat in 23B rear emergency exit...
10 rows of CE, but lightly loaded with no one past row 7...

Get asked if I would like to the forward door 2L as they need someone sat to operate door...

BoB trolley comes around, followed by the CE trolley, both offer drinks / food.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 2:32 am

Programs: BA GGL
I had a rapid walk from the south lounges to gate A17 (T5 LHR) yesterday to find I was the last passenger and that they were about to start looking for me - they had even printed out a boarding card. Things must move quickly as when I left the lounge it hadn't gone "last call" red and A17 is just about the closest gate. I blame the extremely good Espresso Martini. Anyway, I was met at the door by the purser and asked if I would like to travel in Club in row 8. Initially I was not sure as I had been booked in row 12 and was hoping TMS might have kicked in, but as it happened row 8 had nobody in it at all so I gladly accepted. Even more surprisingly I was asked what dish I wanted saved for me as I was just before the curtain, I was not expecting anything. This was my first ET to CE upgrade for over a year, and appears not to be have been based on load as there were a fair few empty seats on the aircraft. This was the 384 to Grenoble.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 5:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Titanium
LAX-LHR WT+>CW Friday evening. Upgrade showed up as new seat assignment on the app whilst waiting in the lounge.
orbitmic and haroon145 like this.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 7:46 am

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
Originally Posted by JeffBHD
LAX-LHR WT+>CW Friday evening. Upgrade showed up as new seat assignment on the app whilst waiting in the lounge.
That's a good one to get!
Old Mar 9, 2020, 7:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Dimond Amb
JFK to LHR on March 5th from WTP to Club. The upgrade showed up in the app at -24hrs. A great deal as I booked a discounted DUB-LHR-JFK WTP return for EUR600 in the sale, used avios to upgrade the outbound and then got the free upgrade inbound. Thanks BA.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 11:03 am
Suspended

I got a message at OLCI that I've been upgraded from WT to WT+. When I went to pick a seat it said 13F. But on the map 13F isn't in in the WT+ cabin on a 787?
What does this mean?
Old Mar 12, 2020, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by watsonville
What does this mean?
Maybe a change of equipment or something? Row 13 IS the first row of WT+ on 787-9
Old Mar 12, 2020, 11:15 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by wcel
Maybe a change of equipment or something? Row 13 IS the first row of WT+ on 787-9
Ah yes maybe they've swapped from a 787-9 to a 787-8. Row 13 is in WT+ on a 787-8. But then what about first class, which flies on the route?
Old Mar 12, 2020, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by watsonville
Ah yes maybe they've swapped from a 787-9 to a 787-8.
You can easily check using ExpertFlyer, if ba.com / OLCI doesn't make it clear. I don't think you need to pay to see this on EF.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 11:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Globaliser
You can easily check using ExpertFlyer, if ba.com / OLCI doesn't make it clear. I don't think you need to pay to see this on EF.
Expert flyer and other websites show it as row 16 onwards being WT+.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.