Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So - who got a free upgrade this week?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2023, 9:37 am

Out if interest, are you able to decline an upgrade?
Old Jul 17, 2023, 9:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, Avis President
Last week got upgraded at check-in for a LHR to DXB from Y to Y+...and then onboard upgraded to J...!!

These little things make Gold worthwhile...Chris
julmops and ENTP like this.
Old Jul 17, 2023, 10:04 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Friend of mine in DXB - his wife got an upgrade at check-in from WTP to F on the DXB-LHR a couple of days ago. She's Bronze, and was absolutely blown away.

BP had the "Thanks from BA - Enjoy your upgrade" message.
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2023, 10:10 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Friend of mine in DXB - his wife got an upgrade at check-in from WTP to F on the DXB-LHR a couple of days ago. She's Bronze, and was absolutely blown away.

BP had the "Thanks from BA - Enjoy your upgrade" message.
Wow!!
Old Jul 17, 2023, 11:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Great result today - both myself and OH upgraded on DXB-LHR from WTP to J. We were on separate PNRs, and original bookings were made using our Barclays upgrade vouchers , so had booked WTP for the WT Avios rate. Both of us are BAEC Gold. So a counter data point to the ones that suggest reward tickets have a higher downgrade rate…….
Old Jul 18, 2023, 1:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Double upgrade....

Originally Posted by Applewood
Great result today - both myself and OH upgraded on DXB-LHR from WTP to J. We were on separate PNRs, and original bookings were made using our Barclays upgrade vouchers , so had booked WTP for the WT Avios rate. Both of us are BAEC Gold. So a counter data point to the ones that suggest reward tickets have a higher downgrade rate…….
Update - got to the gate, and both been upgraded to F - not bad starting rom a WT avios rate with a Barclays voucher.....
Old Jul 29, 2023, 2:25 am

J to F on BA53 to Seattle today… discovered at the check in desk at LHR when I asked how much it would cost to upgrade, and they were surprised I did not know already
Old Jul 29, 2023, 2:50 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Woke up this morning to find we’ve been upgraded as a family of 4 ET-CE to FLR tomorrow. Nice as I was about to preorder some drinks online 😊
Old Jul 29, 2023, 3:34 am

Programs: DIAMANTAIRE EXTRAORDINAIRE
Flew bru-lhr & then connected on lhr-dxb
The tkt was y& wt+ , got ce on the short flight & cs for lhr -dxb . Am back gold
Old Jul 29, 2023, 4:01 am

Programs: BA, HH, IHG, RR, AA, KF, EG
4 of us upgraded LHR to MIA from WT to WT+ on Avios redemptions. We could only grab WT seats on the way out so this was a welcome surprise.
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2023, 11:05 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR/LTG
Upgraded from J to F on QR from DOH to HKG. My hit rate on QR is far higher than on BA. Pleased I got to try the CX F seat as I’d never had the chance before. Someone on the same flight got upgraded from Y to F!
becks1 and Radiation Station like this.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 10:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, United Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Woke up this morning to find we’ve been upgraded as a family of 4 ET-CE to FLR tomorrow. Nice as I was about to preorder some drinks online 😊
Was it the 8:10am today or the later one? I was in seat 1A
This was the messiest group 1-3 boarding I’ve ever seen with this entire school boarding first
ThatT1Feeling and becks1 like this.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 1:48 pm

BA 1, Delta nil this weekend.

BA upgrade to Club Europe on very short haul, Delta agent incorrectly processed upgrade on long haul and I missed out. BA absolutely in my good graces this week!
Old Jul 31, 2023, 1:46 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, Bonvoy Ambassador + LtG, Hyatt Globalist, United Silver
I got quite lucky recently on a SIN-LHR-JFK r/t with both the LHR-SIN legs being upgraded from J to F. Very nice surprise as I had been on a upgrade dry spell for a while on the same route. Both times I was notified after checkin ~1 hour before boarding.
becks1 likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 2:12 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Hennebou
Was it the 8:10am today or the later one? I was in seat 1A
This was the messiest group 1-3 boarding I’ve ever seen with this entire school boarding first
That was the one!

Indeed - maybe 50 school children boarded before Group 1, all blocking the priority lane, so in the end Group 4 went first.. The SCCM was very good on the flight though I think.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.