Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So - who got a free upgrade this week?

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2017, 1:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Sludge
First ever upgrade - Avios redemption in Business to Singapore. Upgraded to First.

Chuffed!
Old May 20, 2017, 4:27 am

Me and the Mrs upgraded at flight connections last Sunday W-J on BA233 LHR-DME. We were on seperate bookings but upgraded to our preferred E/F seats next to each other, very welcome on an already expensive last minute booking. We had just done 4 sectors on CX and really appreciated the seats as a couple.
Old May 22, 2017, 10:04 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Upgraded from Y to CW en route to TLV earlier today, and was offered another upgrade to WTP for one of my family - so put Father-in-Law in CW, and I sat in WTP.

Both occurred once we were in the air, and both offered by the CSD who was lovely throughout.

M
Old May 22, 2017, 10:33 am

Programs: BA Gold
I got upgraded both outbound and again inbound LHR/TLV the week before last, both times Y -> W. Outbound was notified at entry to Flounge, inbound was the magic beep at the gate :-)
Old May 22, 2017, 12:52 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Upgraded W -> J on RUH->LHR earlier this week. W was absolutely rammed and J half empty, so I assume it was a simple op-up and I had the highest CIV.
Old May 22, 2017, 1:35 pm

Yay - upgrade from W->J BWI-LHR.

The check-in lady seemed to be far more excited than me (sorry!), and likewise in the lounge when one the 'angels' bounded across to me waving a new boarding pass - only for me to say 'snap' - I already had the same one!
Old May 25, 2017, 7:35 am

Yay - again... . My FIRST EVER upgrade on a non-LH flight. FRA-LHR today, probably due to being a holiday in Germany (i.e. no 'real' CE travelers).

To put it in context, this is my first ET-CE upgrade in 30 years and over well over 1,000,000 files... . Never expected this one... . Very pleasant and welcome... .
Old May 25, 2017, 8:02 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Upgraded WTP-CW on this afternoon's BA99 1710 LHR-YYZ.

A last-minute swap from a 788 to a 789 - a net reduction in WTP & WT seats, despite the larger capacity overall - on a flight that was already oversold probably means that half the cabin got the same upgrade.

Sadly my luck doesn't extend into getting into the F cabin.
Old May 25, 2017, 6:49 pm

Yay - again (!). This is getting weird... . Upped WT+ to CW LHR-BWI which makes 3 upgrades on 4 flights in 5 days. Cabin crew were great - same ones I had on Sunday BWI-LHR... .
Old May 27, 2017, 12:18 am

Programs: BA Silver - hard drop from GGL :( SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AC E50k
Upgraded on BA 902 to FRA from ET to CE at gate (myself and wife), but mother in law didn't get upgraded so I am happily seated in ET...

M-I-L asked if I didn't want my seat and she could sit in the back... wife very quickly shot that one down...
Old May 27, 2017, 2:29 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Upgraded from Y to CW en route to TLV earlier today, and was offered another upgrade to WTP for one of my family - so put Father-in-Law in CW, and I sat in WTP.

Both occurred once we were in the air, and both offered by the CSD who was lovely throughout.

M
Nice. What was the rationale given for the mid-flight upgrades?
Old May 29, 2017, 10:13 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR
Op-up from W to J on the BA183 from LHR to JFK on Friday night and allocated a seat on UD which was a nice surprise. Returned on the BA172 last night, miraculously just missing the carnage at LHR at both ends of my trip.
Old May 31, 2017, 1:27 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Double upgrade Y - J on last night's BA12. According to the lounge agent, Y was oversold by 23.

Interestingly, the upgrade posted in one go, about 3 hours before departure. It wasn't sequential, from Y - W and then W - J at a later point. Not sure why they didn't just roll the cabins forward as typically happens. Interestingly, I was having a chat in the CCB lounge with another GGLer who had got the same upgrade. Maybe a proper enhancement, or more likely just the weird and wonderful way the algorithm works. Either way, it was much appreciated!
Old May 31, 2017, 1:56 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
CW>F on Monday nights BA32 from HKG for myself and my other half. The previous days cancellations due to the I.T. issue had stuffed the other cabins but surprisingly had left 4 or 5 F seats free which were all filled by upgrades. (That sector is a good one for me, last 3 flights out of HKG have seen me moved to F from CW)

Pilot37
Old May 31, 2017, 2:13 am

Programs: BA GGL/GFL, Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Upgraded on the GVA-LHR last week. The flight was packed as usual

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.