Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So - who got a free upgrade this week?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2017, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by Foofighter69
Thanks, will report back if I succeed.

A related note, does the A380 back from MIA see many op ups from WTP?
Only done a few A380 flights but no opups, although I was a lowly blue/silver back then with very low spend.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 9:36 pm

Just got back from a JFK - LHR, got upgraded from world traveller to club an hour before take off, even the gate agent was surprised it was a double upgrade. Club was almost empty only 4 on the upper deck of 747 although wt and wtp was full. I wasn't complaining it was a red eye so managed to get some sleep
Old Mar 25, 2017, 1:44 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
Another hit on the BA99 today WT+ to CW.

I woke up and the app had changed and it was printed in the LGW lounge with the new assignment
Old Mar 25, 2017, 4:50 am

Programs: KE MC Premium, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, AZ FA+, Melia Gold
ET to CE LHR-MAD on the 767.

I'm struggling to remember the last time I didn't get upgraded on this particular route.. not that I'm complaining!
Old Mar 25, 2017, 6:48 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by Jed
DXB does seem to be getting lots of W-J upgrades reported on here. Lots of leapfrogging from WT directly to CW too. However We didn't get one on a heavily oversold flight in late Jan and I'm convinced it was due to the presence of our 6 month old baby in the booking.
Was upgraded from WT to F on my return from DXB on March 5th

Actually checked in and was upgraded to WT+ then J as I refreshed my mobile BP on the train and finally F as I walked into the lounge
Old Mar 25, 2017, 6:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Nothing for me at all in the last year or two. Nothing expected for tonight's WT+ flight either.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 7:20 am

BA99 WT+ to CW yesterday. I was slightly nervous as it didn't happen until the gate but it came eventually.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 10:27 am

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond. Marriott: Platinum. AA: EXP 1MM. Delta: Silver. Etihad: Silver. Emirates Silver
Apologies in advance if this has already been answered elsewhere (I posted on the POUG thread but so far no responses). I am flying JFK-LHR on WTP on 3/28, however when I open the BA App on my iPhone, the screen opens to my booking and the JFK-LHR flight shows seat 13A (which is in Business on a 744 Super J) However, when I go to MMB on the desktop, it still shows my original seat in WTP. Is this a glitch? Not sure what this means, any helpful insight is appreciated.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by yabadoo
Apologies in advance if this has already been answered elsewhere (I posted on the POUG thread but so far no responses). I am flying JFK-LHR on WTP on 3/28, however when I open the BA App on my iPhone, the screen opens to my booking and the JFK-LHR flight shows seat 13A (which is in Business on a 744 Super J) However, when I go to MMB on the desktop, it still shows my original seat in WTP. Is this a glitch? Not sure what this means, any helpful insight is appreciated.
Sounds like you've had a pro-active upgrade to me. The iPhone app tends to be the more accurate data capture point for seat information, so while nothing is 100% until check-in / boarding - I'd be optimistically hopefully!

Enjoy!

Pilot37
Old Mar 25, 2017, 11:17 am

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond. Marriott: Platinum. AA: EXP 1MM. Delta: Silver. Etihad: Silver. Emirates Silver
Originally Posted by Pilot37
Sounds like you've had a pro-active upgrade to me. The iPhone app tends to be the more accurate data capture point for seat information, so while nothing is 100% until check-in / boarding - I'd be optimistically hopefully!

Enjoy!

Pilot37
Thanks for that, good to know, will see what happens when I check in, will post here.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 1:37 pm

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by cgtechuk
Mine looks similar to that but have 5 Y seats left, surely if Y oversells then its a roll forward , both cabins. Im hoping but not bothered if I dont lol
I didn't get the op up in the end so did wtp on the dreamlike. Loved it thought it was a great product slept well too.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 2:16 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
I was UGed from WTP to CW on a JFK-LHR flight earlier in the week.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 3:28 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by TGLoyalty
Was upgraded from WT to F on my return from DXB on March 5th

Actually checked in and was upgraded to WT+ then J as I refreshed my mobile BP on the train and finally F as I walked into the lounge
Wowser! I would have expected there to be be a widget in FLY that would prevent a passenger receiving a 3 cabin op-up, but this is great to see. I would probably have pinched myself. Continuously throughout the flight.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 4:17 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
Wowser! I would have expected there to be be a widget in FLY that would prevent a passenger receiving a 3 cabin op-up, but this is great to see. I would probably have pinched myself. Continuously throughout the flight.

I would have bought a lotto ticket 😁😁😁

only upgrade I have received on ba was ET to CE MAD-LHR at the gate 3 years ago

heres hoping for a super upg year

I rarely ever BUY J on ba mainly WTP, time will show
Old Mar 26, 2017, 4:21 am

Programs: BA GfL, IHG Diamond, HH Diamond
BA178 (JFK - LHR), WTP to CW for self (Exec Club Gold and Mrs BB (Blue)) on Frday (24th March). Separate PNRs and Avios bookings! Very impressed

Also got the same upgrade in mid jan January.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.