Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2015, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
This thread gives the current catering options for the Galleries First Lounge (Flounge) in LHR Terminals 3 and 5. This lounge is open to BAEC Gold and oneworld Emerald card holders. Passengers flying BA on a First ticket can also use the Concorde Room. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey. Click here to see the former thread, which covered that turbulent period.

The T3 lounge is identical to T5 in terms of food and drink options. However there is no Concorde Room in T3 so from 18:30 hrs there is a pre-flight dining option for First travellers, see here for more details.

The current catering options in the First lounge can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. Currently lounge menus are not always on display in the lounge, but this link may be your best bet to see the options.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2015 - T5 only
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options from 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T3 and T5
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T1 international flights

For the First and Club lounges in Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, and Aberdeen
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - see
post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover in 2013
New lounge catering contract: BaxterStorey replaces Compass - effective 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - note from BA Executive Club.

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The 2015 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
Print Wikipost

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2015, 7:02 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Calchas
I think you did pretty well

Why thank you kindly. It is always my full intention to take a balanced approach under these circumstances
Old Aug 7, 2015, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Ah, it wasn't about cost saving, it was about choice! IIRC BA removed all flavours of crisps save for the salted variety to provide us with 'more choice'.
You are better than me at remembering the lingo!
Old Aug 7, 2015, 9:40 am

Any customer can have a car painted any colour that he wants so long as it is black. (Henry Ford about the model T)
Old Aug 7, 2015, 10:59 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
PS: is no one posting the August menu? Surely it must have changed for a week now??
Old Aug 7, 2015, 11:05 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by orbitmic
PS: is no one posting the August menu? Surely it must have changed for a week now??
I think it hasn't moved. CCR is monthly, Flounge is 2 / 3 monthly. I think.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I think it hasn't moved. CCR is monthly, Flounge is 2 / 3 monthly. I think.
I thought it used to be but in recent months they seemed to change on a monthly basis? Maybe July-August count as one? Thanks for the info about not changing in any case! ^
Old Aug 7, 2015, 11:26 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I thought it used to be but in recent months they seemed to change on a monthly basis? Maybe July-August count as one? Thanks for the info about not changing in any case! ^
Well I don't actually know, I've been too pre-occupied documenting Aspire downstairs!
Old Aug 7, 2015, 12:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
It changed a few days ago, I thought the thread had already been updated. Maybe someone can take a picture of the new menu and post it, I won't pass through for at least a week.

Coq au vin and the crayfish salad are gone, now they're offering red Thai curry and Greek salad.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I've been too pre-occupied documenting Aspire downstairs!
And a very good job of it you've done too ^
Old Aug 7, 2015, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by themapelligroup
It changed a few days ago, I thought the thread had already been updated. Maybe someone can take a picture of the new menu and post it, I won't pass through for at least a week.

Coq au vin and the crayfish salad are gone, now they're offering red Thai curry and Greek salad.
Ah thanks!
Old Aug 7, 2015, 12:26 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Perhaps a GCH can take it upon him or herself to take some photos and update the menus? Same also applies for SCHs and the GC. It is a bit much to leave it all up to cws and then wonder why there aren't always prompt updates.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 12:36 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
I'm in the T5 GF now. No menus! At all, anywhere, on tables, in corners etc...

I tracked down a staff member, who found me one hidden in a cupboard, and took an order from it, then hid the menu away again, so no chance for a photo. Strange though
Old Aug 7, 2015, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
Perhaps a GCH can take it upon him or herself to take some photos and update the menus? Same also applies for SCHs and the GC. It is a bit much to leave it all up to cws and then wonder why there aren't always prompt updates.
I certainly did not imply that it should be c-w-s! I just said anyone and it is indeed one of our regular very helpful GCH whom I suspected would provide the goods. I would have done it (have done it in the past) but am thankfully taking a brief holiday from the flying life at the moment (which certainly feels like bliss!)
Old Aug 7, 2015, 12:51 pm

I certainly did not imply that it should be c-w-s! I just said anyone and it is indeed one of our regular very helpful GCH whom I suspected would provide the goods. I would have done it (have done it in the past) but am thankfully taking a brief holiday from the flying life at the moment (which certainly feels like bliss!)
Sorry, I wasn't picking on you specifically. My point was more general and open to any GCH or SCH. There often seems to be an expectation that whilst we all benefit from photos and menu updates, someone else should do it - more often than not cws. I don't think anyone theses days can't be able to take some photos with their phone and post new menus.

I guess you probably notice the CCR food thread is updated fairly frequently, and equivalent the GF and GC threads not very much (hence your question on whether there was a new menu since there has not been an update for a while). This is a bit unfortunate since those are the lounges the majority of those on this board use, and thus plenty of opportunity for others to contribute.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 5:59 am

Current menu in the GF at T5

I have photos of the hot dishes as well and will post later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.