Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015

Old Jan 2, 2015, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
This thread gives the current catering options for the Galleries First Lounge (Flounge) in LHR Terminals 3 and 5. This lounge is open to BAEC Gold and oneworld Emerald card holders. Passengers flying BA on a First ticket can also use the Concorde Room. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey. Click here to see the former thread, which covered that turbulent period.

The T3 lounge is identical to T5 in terms of food and drink options. However there is no Concorde Room in T3 so from 18:30 hrs there is a pre-flight dining option for First travellers, see here for more details.

The current catering options in the First lounge can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. Currently lounge menus are not always on display in the lounge, but this link may be your best bet to see the options.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2015 - T5 only
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options from 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T3 and T5
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T1 international flights

For the First and Club lounges in Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, and Aberdeen
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - see
post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover in 2013
New lounge catering contract: BaxterStorey replaces Compass - effective 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - note from BA Executive Club.

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The 2015 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
Print Wikipost

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015

Old Sep 18, 2015, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
The GF menu is linked to in the wiki. It is in post 1 and I posted the updated menu only two weeks ago.

EDIT: buffet items from early August here also but may have changed since. I have started to try and pop over when the GF menu changes *, but (and I have moaned about this before ) it would be nice if some of the GF regulars took this on. It really isn't much effort, a few photos taken and uploaded once in a while.

* - although I realise getting hold of a menu to photo is a bit tricky atm
I will try take pics when Im there. My recent ones are three weeks old so will most likely be the same as yours.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 3:46 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DELLAS
I will try take pics when Im there. My recent ones are three weeks old so will most likely be the same as yours.
Many thanks DELLAS.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 11:00 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I don't often pass through T3, and even when I do I tend to eat in the CX lounge. However, came in to the GF to see what was going on and have taken a few snaps of the food area.

So along the wall we have a soup & fruit station:

Next are desserts:

And finally the drinks fridge:

On the counter island we have hot food:

And this is what it is:

And we have cold food:

And this is what it is:

Menu was the same as T5 GF, and unlike T5 there were plenty on the tables.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 12:13 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

New items in the menu today - Harissa Chicken and Chickpea curry and superfood salad.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 4:45 am

Spotted 3 menus in the first part of the dining section you see when you are in T5 F lounge. Friendly chap by the name of Flynn was happy to take the order and food came out within a few minutes.

I dare say I saw the opposite to most others here as it's probably quieter than peak morning time. Breakfast menu seems to extend till noon (I thought I read somewhere the bacon, eggs, sausages, etc. all went away around 9.30?) so will report back on the lunch selection once noon ticks over and I feel like eating again!
Old Oct 15, 2015, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by andset1191
New items in the menu today - Harissa Chicken and Chickpea curry and superfood salad.
OK, I have photos of the new menu showing the superfood salad, harissa chicken, etc. What's the best way to upload? ImgBucket?
Old Oct 22, 2015, 1:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Originally Posted by flashware
OK, I have photos of the new menu showing the superfood salad, harissa chicken, etc. What's the best way to upload? ImgBucket?
Yep, most of the photoupload websites should work. Then just paste the link to the picture using the 'Insert Image' button.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 2:04 pm

Was in GF last week before a flight to JFK. Actually saw plenty of menus around. No issues getting someone to place my order with. Had my food at the dining area then moved to the champagne bar. Quite pleasant ^
Old Oct 24, 2015, 12:50 am

LHR T5 Galleries F breakfast

LHR T5 Galleries F breakfast

LHR T5 Galleries F rest of day

LHR T5 Galleries F rest of day
Old Oct 24, 2015, 3:51 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
Porridge and kippers for breakfast...mmmmmmm
Old Oct 24, 2015, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Pigs will fly before there is an actual dessert option on that menu again.

Bread and butter was good! Surprisingly not very stodgy.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 7:00 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by hugolover
Pigs will fly before there is an actual dessert option on that menu again.

Bread and butter was good! Surprisingly not very stodgy.
In the end, if the buffet desserts are as good as the Salted Caramel/Chocolate Mousse cake they were offering in September I am not too bothered. Not thrilled with the current dessert offerings, but understand others will appreciate them. I've certainly been in many restaurants of all kinds where I've liked no dessert on their menu, so there's no guarantee you will always get your preferences met. Profiteroles weren't bad either. All in all, while desserts have come off the menu I do feel the offer is quite a bit better at the buffet.

That said, the Flagship Lounge in T3 had a "Nutella Mousse" the other week which was outstanding
Old Nov 5, 2015, 6:35 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Missed the recent discussion on this so wondered - what's the deal with menus in T3 GF? I haven't passed through there in a few month and (unlike T5 where there seem to be a few lying around) I don't see any menus here. Are they now only for passengers with access to the "First Dining Room" (and does that include GCH?) or is it a case of ask and you will receive?
Old Nov 5, 2015, 6:54 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by clearedforlanding
Missed the recent discussion on this so wondered - what's the deal with menus in T3 GF? I haven't passed through there in a few month and (unlike T5 where there seem to be a few lying around) I don't see any menus here. Are they now only for passengers with access to the "First Dining Room" (and does that include GCH?) or is it a case of ask and you will receive?
Any Flounge user, including shorthaul Eurotravellers, can order from that menu, in line with Flounge T5.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 6:28 am

Programs: CX Gold, QF Bronze
is that CX First passengers can get the "Dining Invite" for T3 Galleries First Dining Room?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.