Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015

Old Jan 2, 2015, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
This thread gives the current catering options for the Galleries First Lounge (Flounge) in LHR Terminals 3 and 5. This lounge is open to BAEC Gold and oneworld Emerald card holders. Passengers flying BA on a First ticket can also use the Concorde Room. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey. Click here to see the former thread, which covered that turbulent period.

The T3 lounge is identical to T5 in terms of food and drink options. However there is no Concorde Room in T3 so from 18:30 hrs there is a pre-flight dining option for First travellers, see here for more details.

The current catering options in the First lounge can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. Currently lounge menus are not always on display in the lounge, but this link may be your best bet to see the options.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2015 - T5 only
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options from 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T3 and T5
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T1 international flights

For the First and Club lounges in Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, and Aberdeen
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - see
post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover in 2013
New lounge catering contract: BaxterStorey replaces Compass - effective 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - note from BA Executive Club.

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The 2015 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
Print Wikipost

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015

Old Nov 18, 2015, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by derek2010
is that CX First passengers can get the "Dining Invite" for T3 Galleries First Dining Room?
I think it's for BA F passengers only. There is a CX F lounge so can't see them stumping up for any extra benefit in the BA F lounge.....
Old Nov 18, 2015, 2:16 pm

Does the T3 FLounge offer the same options as the T5 FLounge...
I am arriving on Saturday on T5 and leaving from T3.

Have enough time and was thinking of checking the Cathay and BA FLounge.
Do they have the same food selection and alcohol (Blue Lable, 18y Glen etc...)

I can't access the T5 lounge if I depart from T3 right?

Thanks...
Old Nov 18, 2015, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by sand372
Does the T3 FLounge offer the same options as the T5 FLounge...
I am arriving on Saturday on T5 and leaving from T3.

Have enough time and was thinking of checking the Cathay and BA FLounge.
Do they have the same food selection and alcohol (Blue Lable, 18y Glen etc...)

I can't access the T5 lounge if I depart from T3 right?

Thanks...
JW Blue Label is CCR only I think? Happy to be corrected on that if wrong, but I've not taken too much notice other than the champagne! The champagne is indeed the same, as is the food selection.

I doubt you'd be able to get into T5 without a boarding pass for a flight departing from it.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 5:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF NB
Originally Posted by flashware
JW Blue Label is CCR only I think? Happy to be corrected on that if wrong, but I've not taken too much notice other than the champagne! The champagne is indeed the same, as is the food selection.

I doubt you'd be able to get into T5 without a boarding pass for a flight departing from it.
I've not been through LHR since August but the last few times I've been in T5 GF there has been JW Blue.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 5:34 pm

Programs: BA GGL

JW Blue should also be available in the F lounge and, in fact, I did see it in T3 a few weeks back. It's also definitely available in the T5 F lounge. As far as lounge access goes, you're correct that you can only use the lounges in T3, not T5, if departing from T3.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by perthflyer
I've not been through LHR since August but the last few times I've been in T5 GF there has been JW Blue.
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
JW Blue should also be available in the F lounge and, in fact, I did see it in T3 a few weeks back. It's also definitely available in the T5 F lounge. As far as lounge access goes, you're correct that you can only use the lounges in T3, not T5, if departing from T3.
I guess I'm more of a champagne in the morning than scotch in the morning kind of guy

Shall have a look next time I pass through!
Old Nov 19, 2015, 4:41 am

Thanks for the information guys...
I will see for my self on Saturday.
Can confirm that all of what I wrote are in T5 GF, I will check if everything is in T3 as well...

Thanks
Old Nov 19, 2015, 7:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF NB
I guess I'm more of a champagne in the morning than scotch in the morning kind of guy

Shall have a look next time I pass through!
Even though it's now been 18 months since I moved to Scotland I'm most certainly not a whisky drinker! I tried the JW Blue once in the lounge just for the hell of it but it wasn't to my taste - I was straight back to the gin!
Old Nov 19, 2015, 12:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Haha, I tried the JW Blue too to see what is the fuss about. Being the whisky ignorant as I am, I can tell it's really smooth and it tastes like whisky

Anyway, the T3 GF lounge used to have everything what you can find T5 GF lounge, including 18yo Glen and JWB, champers, beers or soft drinks. Same for food selection. Haven't been since June(?) but I expect it has not changed.

Also not sure if it still the case but for a while JWB was not on display until 3pm or something like that. I am sure you can get it if you don't find it and you ask nicely.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had the latest incarnation of the chicken dish today, coq au vin. Not much vin but lots of sel two tiny bits of chicken, around 1/4-1/3 of a standard chicken breast. Mash like a smoothie could suck it through a straw.

Had the burger too. It was OK nothing more. I would not buy it I have had better for Ł3 from a burger van. Chips cold, as always. That is a constant problem with oven chips anyway, they seemingly have a low specific heat capacity I suspect.

I do hope one of the changes in the CCR and GF might be actual cooked chips. We are in England after all...this is the food we eat, this is the food pax expect to eat and be of a good standard and prepared well they can be very tasty, not to mention cheap.

There's cod on the buffet that tastes nice. A pity no sustainable fish can be found given BS's commitment to sustainability?
Old Nov 28, 2015, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by hugolover
There's cod on the buffet that tastes nice. A pity no sustainable fish can be found given BS's commitment to sustainability?
What's wrong with cod?
Old Nov 28, 2015, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Globaliser
What's wrong with cod?
Ask Hugh.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 4:04 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
New order menu now available, it's effectively the same as CCR's new lounge menu. Menus and ordering available in the Refectory area of T5 and by the buffet area of T3. Details in post 1.

Random photo from Flounge yesterday:

To the immediate left of the mushroom and cauliflower pies is Duck and White Bean Cassoulet, with Chilli Beef (chilli con carne) behind. Next to that is Smoked Mackerel Fishcake stuffed with Mango Chutney (yum).

For the record only this is the (or rather, an) outgoing menu.

- Soup of the day: ask your host for today's choice of soup, served with freshly baked breads.

- Felafel wrap
Tortilla filled with felafel, roasted red peppers, jalapeno houmous and spinach, served with a Greek yoghurt dip

- BA Burger:
Made with British Aberdeen Angus beef served in a milk-glazed roll with red onion marmalade, baby gem lettuce, cherry tomatoes and dill pickle, accompanied by twice-cooked chips. Ask your host if you would like to add crispy back bacon or mature English Cheddar.

- Macaroni Cheese:
Chifferini pasta with a rich Red Leicester, British Cheddar and English mustard sauce.

- Korean Chicken Curry
Tender slices of British chicken breast in a red wine, soya and honey spiced sauce, served with steamed rice and a cucumber and tomato salad, finished with coconut and poppy seeds.

- Greek Salad
Yellow cherry tomatoes, baby plum tomatoes, cucumber, olive, mint and creamy feta cheese, finished with a Greek dressing.

Desserts
- Chocolate ice cream
- Vanilla ice cream

Cheese: Somerset Camembert, Coastal Cheddar, Bleu d'Auvergne plus apple and Somerset cider brandy chutney and Bath Olivers.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I am traumatised about what BA calls a "Nicoise salad"!!!
Old Dec 2, 2015, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thailand this time. Glorious. I vote for Syrian chicken next time to keep this topical.

Still cherry tomatoes but there's only one on the burger.

I wonder how much money they save by cutting costs on placing menus around the buffet and staffing accordingly.

Luckily many staff members find it as ridiculous as I do.

It was mentioned to me that pax are asking for hot desserts this winter season as before and like AA does in T3 F, but only ice cream, frozen cheesecake etc... appropriate for the weather.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.