Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2015, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
This thread gives the current catering options for the Galleries First Lounge (Flounge) in LHR Terminals 3 and 5. This lounge is open to BAEC Gold and oneworld Emerald card holders. Passengers flying BA on a First ticket can also use the Concorde Room. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey. Click here to see the former thread, which covered that turbulent period.

The T3 lounge is identical to T5 in terms of food and drink options. However there is no Concorde Room in T3 so from 18:30 hrs there is a pre-flight dining option for First travellers, see here for more details.

The current catering options in the First lounge can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. Currently lounge menus are not always on display in the lounge, but this link may be your best bet to see the options.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2015 - T5 only
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options from 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T3 and T5
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T1 international flights

For the First and Club lounges in Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, and Aberdeen
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - see
post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover in 2013
New lounge catering contract: BaxterStorey replaces Compass - effective 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - note from BA Executive Club.

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The 2015 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2015, 3:12 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer

Previous year's discussion is here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ns-2014-a.html

Breakfast

Please help yourself
For your convenience, there is a self-service buffet available for breakfast, including freshly grilled bacon, free range scrambled eggs, Dingley Dell pork sausages, black pudding, hash browns, grilled tomatoes, hash browns, and farmhouse toast. [Not mentioned but always on offer: mushrooms and baked beans].

Brought to your table

Please order via one of our lounge hosts:

Traditional porridge oats served with honey and cinnamon, or sultanas and brown sugar.

Cured kippers served with poached egg

Great British breakfast sandwich with grilled back bacon and fried egg on a toasted wholemeal bloomer

Boiled egg with toasted toasted soldiers

Eggs benedict (actually only one egg).
(nothing is marked as vegetarian, but I guess the boiled egg and porridge must be).
Note that you can swap items around a bit, so it's OK to ask for kippers and fried eggs, for example.

Rest of the day:

Hot and cold buffet served from 12 noon until the lounge closes. Items change regularly both within days of the week and on a weekly cycle, this is a list of the hot items served 1 December 2015:

- Duck and White Bean Cassoulet,
- Chilli Beef (chilli con carne)
- Smoked Mackerel Fishcake stuffed with Mango Chutney
- Mushroom and cauliflower pies
- Steamed rice
- Penne pasta
- Broccoli and other steamed vegetables
- Herb roasted Parmentier potatoes
- Buttered new potatoes

There is also a comprehensive salad bar. In the afternoon scones and cakes are available, in the afternoon and evening sandwiches and some cold desserts are also served. There is also soup, rolls, fresh fruit, crisps, biscuits and savoury snacks available.

The following can be ordered from the lounge hosts:

- BA Burger
Made with British Aberdeen Angus beef served in a milk-glazed roll with tomato salsa, baby gem lettuce, cherry tomatoes and dill pickle, accompanied by twice-cooked chips. Ask your host if you would like to add crispy back bacon or mature English Cheddar

- Club Sandwich
A choice of roasted granary or white read triple decker sandwich with chicken breast, sweet-cured back bacon, egg mayonnaise, tomato and lettuce, served with either twice-cooked chips or ruby slaw.

- Niçoise salad
Soft boiled hen's egg on a salad of French beans, black olives, potatoes, red onion and tomato, finished with a Dijon mustard dressing.

- Salt beef bagel
Bagel brushed with Dijon mustard and filled with salt beef, dill pickle, and celeriac rémoulade, served with salted Kettle chips.

- Gnocchi
Filled with Dolcelatte and walnut, served with sautéed Girolle mushrooms, baby spinach and rocket cress.

- Thai curry
Red Thai curry and Red Tractor assured British chicken, served with steamed rice and a cucumber and tomato salad, finished with coconut and poppy seeds.

Desserts
- Chocolate ice cream
- Vanilla ice cream

Cheese: Somerset Camembert, Coastal Cheddar, Bleu d'Auvergne plus apple and Somerset cider brandy chutney and Bath Olivers.

Above updated 1 December 2015.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Dec 2, 2015 at 4:17 am
Old Jan 2, 2015, 3:45 pm

The only 'to order' breakfast option is egg Benedict?

That's quite some enhancement on the breakfast menu...
Old Jan 2, 2015, 4:13 pm

Programs: Mucci; BA, LT GGL; QF, platinum; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by windowontheAside
The only 'to order' breakfast option is egg Benedict?

That's quite some enhancement on the breakfast menu...
I guess you need to look at it again - I counted five items in C-W-S's posting!
Old Jan 2, 2015, 4:25 pm

That edit function is a wonderful thing

I'm pleased to see the other items still there.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
To the question about puddings on the 2014 thread, there are two puddings on the buffet over with the sandwiches and drinks. On Thursday they were a chocolate pudding and a pear and blackberry cheesecake, both of which were excellent.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 8:44 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
A picture of the Cafreal Chicken Curry in FLounge T5: (tasted good but not great):

Flounge Thai Curry by BA_pics, on Flickr

Note that the menus have a new cover for 2015?
Old Jan 14, 2015, 9:08 pm

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Cafreal chicken, goan rather than thai (i note uncle t mentioned it was thai too)? Or am i just being pedantic!! Botb, still looks tasty, thanks for posting at this hr of the morning (evening...).
Old Jan 14, 2015, 9:35 pm
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
Originally Posted by jcm9000
Cafreal chicken, goan rather than thai (i note uncle t mentioned it was thai too)? Or am i just being pedantic!! Botb, still looks tasty, thanks for posting at this hr of the morning (evening...).
JETLAG...pure and simple.... (I managed to catch it in the text but not my pic title...ah, well)

Hope you had a good trip and that we catch up again at some point! ^
Old Jan 14, 2015, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
c-w-s, in your OP's description of the breakfast buffet, another item which is not mentioned but is always available just like the mushrooms is baked beans.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 3:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Lovely Thai red curry on the Buffet at the moment. And a very nasty pork belly.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 6:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
I've just enjoyed the fairly tasty new additions to the buffet (new to me at least, it's been about 2 weeks since I last checked out the options) - mushroom and white bean stroganoff, and roasted veg. The mushroom pasta dish is still there, but alas the lentil veg curry seems to be gone. This does make the veggie options a bit shroom-tastic (there was also a red onion and something quiche), but you'll never see me complaining about "too many" mushrooms!
Old Feb 5, 2015, 10:58 am

Programs: BAEC
Currently feeling very depressed by the current food offerings.

It's a case of the 'same old same old' chilli and other assorted gloops-in-bowls, burger and 4 chips, and a few salads and sandwiches. Plus, plenty of carbs - pasta and potatoes 3 ways.

The only things to tempt me are the gammon (though it's a bit fatty and there's not enough sauce) and some hot smoked trout (?).

Is this really the best they can do ?
Old Feb 5, 2015, 11:53 am

Programs: BA Gold
T3Flounge as of lunchtime today

Soup of the Day

Chicken and bacon ciabatta
(Ciabatta roll filled with chicken and crisp British back bacon, served with a mixed leaf salad and a bowl of lightly salted Kettle crisps)

BA Burger
('nuff said)

Chicken Penang Curry
(Creamy chicken curry served with steamed rice and a cucumber and tomato salad finished with coconut and poppy seeds)

Goats cheese salad
(Warm caramelised goat's cheese topped with candied walnuts, pomegranate seed dressing on a bed of rocket)

Macaroni cheese
(presume self explanatory)

Despite the Piccadilly Line refusing to play ball I had just enough time to bolt down the goats cheese salad (good, though strong) and chicken curry (again, good, though less so than the previous iteration and quite spicy; I felt the chicken cuts were rather formulaic breast meat but pleasant nonetheless)
Old Feb 5, 2015, 12:49 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold
Guys if anyone of you are in the T5 GF lounge right now you should immediately grab bits of roasted bacon loin... NOW!
Old Feb 5, 2015, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by BA235
T3Flounge as of lunchtime today

Soup of the Day

Chicken and bacon ciabatta
(Ciabatta roll filled with chicken and crisp British back bacon, served with a mixed leaf salad and a bowl of lightly salted Kettle crisps)

BA Burger
('nuff said)

Chicken Penang Curry
(Creamy chicken curry served with steamed rice and a cucumber and tomato salad finished with coconut and poppy seeds)

Goats cheese salad
(Warm caramelised goat's cheese topped with candied walnuts, pomegranate seed dressing on a bed of rocket)

Macaroni cheese
(presume self explanatory)

Despite the Piccadilly Line refusing to play ball I had just enough time to bolt down the goats cheese salad (good, though strong) and chicken curry (again, good, though less so than the previous iteration and quite spicy; I felt the chicken cuts were rather formulaic breast meat but pleasant nonetheless)
Same in T5 GF yesterday. And for "dessert" the meagre four choices of ice creams and sorbets have now been enhanced down to two - vanilla or chocolate. Pathetic.

Buffet saw a return of the bacon loin with the weird cream and some vegetarian mushroom and spinach mini pies as well as cooked salmon and various salads.

No Zacapa either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.