Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2015, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
This thread gives the current catering options for the Galleries First Lounge (Flounge) in LHR Terminals 3 and 5. This lounge is open to BAEC Gold and oneworld Emerald card holders. Passengers flying BA on a First ticket can also use the Concorde Room. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey. Click here to see the former thread, which covered that turbulent period.

The T3 lounge is identical to T5 in terms of food and drink options. However there is no Concorde Room in T3 so from 18:30 hrs there is a pre-flight dining option for First travellers, see here for more details.

The current catering options in the First lounge can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. Currently lounge menus are not always on display in the lounge, but this link may be your best bet to see the options.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2015 - T5 only
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options from 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T3 and T5
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T1 international flights

For the First and Club lounges in Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, and Aberdeen
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - see
post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover in 2013
New lounge catering contract: BaxterStorey replaces Compass - effective 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - note from BA Executive Club.

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The 2015 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
Print Wikipost

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2015, 7:19 am

Location: in your favourite lounge, clearing the whole buffet
Programs: LH Maximizer of the year, BA Blue Label killer
Just overheard a conversation that they also have deep-frozen Kosher options on offer if you ask them: Meat balls or salmon.
Old May 3, 2015, 8:49 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
On Friday, when the lounge was a complete zoo, they appeared to have run out of the cous cous that is normally out. In its place was a cold peri peri chicken whcih was delicious - if anyone is reading this - please keep it on the menu as it was tasty.

I would love to see a bigger salad selection with more salad dressing choices - I often fancy a light meal but the salad leaves are always in a small bowl. I notice a lot of ladies dancing around the salad bar so it is popular. Also, upstairs in the GC they do a quiche (well they did a few months ago when I last ventured up there) and I would love to see that in the GF. A bit of cold quiche with a baked potato would be a great evening dinner.

aks120
Old May 5, 2015, 1:52 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by aks120
Also, upstairs in the GC they do a quiche (well they did a few months ago when I last ventured up there) and I would love to see that in the GF. A bit of cold quiche with a baked potato would be a great evening dinner.
The quiche you refer to is goats cheese and black olive, is still served for lunch and dinner, and is quite nice. As far as I am aware, it is only available in GC though as you point out, and doesn't feature on the new spring GF menu either.

A slightly, alright totally inconvenient suggestion, but you could grab the old favorite meal upstairs, and head downstairs for the better drinks selection after eating. Time and inconvenience permitting of course.
Old May 9, 2015, 9:59 am

Programs: BAEC
A few weeks ago, I ate my first BA burger, not off the menu but one from the buffet. It was the first time I've seen burgers (actually, cheeseburger) available at the buffet. Is this new or have my trips not coincided?

I tried one, I'm not one who wastes food, but I could not finish it. On top of being an extremely lean cut (no fat) of beef, there were bits of ground cartilage. The cheese (cheddar, not my typical choice but worked fine) was OK but there was nothing else- no ketchup, mustard. I inserted a piece of lettuce and a slice of tomato from the salad bar but without ketchup/mustard wasn't great.

Did I just get a bad one or are they all like this, including when ordered off menu?

I've mentioned before and I still can not understand why they don't have at least just one tray of warm croissants in F lounge as they do upstairs or why there are 2 soup options upstairs compared to only 1 in F (and the tomato is better upstairs) and the lager is never cold.
Old May 9, 2015, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by varkey
A few weeks ago, I ate my first BA burger, not off the menu but one from the buffet. It was the first time I've seen burgers (actually, cheeseburger) available at the buffet. Is this new or have my trips not coincided?
No, I have never seen it before, and I think that putting burgers on a buffet is actually a frankly gross and revolting idea. One day I'll have to meet the genius who thinks of those ridiculous experiments in GF face to face and tell him/her what I think of them...

Other dishes from the main menu (e.g. Mac&cheese, soup) would lend themselves far better to the buffet if BA cares to switch them to offer more innovative made to order dishes. Burgers just don't.
Old May 9, 2015, 12:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Originally Posted by aks120
On Friday, when the lounge was a complete zoo, they appeared to have run out of the cous cous that is normally out. In its place was a cold peri peri chicken whcih was delicious - if anyone is reading this - please keep it on the menu as it was tasty.

I would love to see a bigger salad selection with more salad dressing choices - I often fancy a light meal but the salad leaves are always in a small bowl. I notice a lot of ladies dancing around the salad bar so it is popular. Also, upstairs in the GC they do a quiche (well they did a few months ago when I last ventured up there) and I would love to see that in the GF. A bit of cold quiche with a baked potato would be a great evening dinner.

aks120
I second the peri peri chicken.

I made a very short appearance in T5 on Friday too and I would call the ZOO "normal GF"
Old Jun 1, 2015, 9:21 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; BA GGL; Virgin Gold; United Silver; Hilton Dia; IHG Spire; Marriott Tit; Hertz PC
Updated Bought To Table Noon To Close Menu From Visit Today:

Mains:
Soup Of The Day
Sea Salt Bagel
BA Burger
Chicken Tagine
Crayfish Salad
Macaroni Cheese

Ice Creams:
Chocolate
Vanilla

Cheeses:
Somerset Camembert
Coastal Cheddar
Bleu D'Auvergne
Apple & Somerset Cider Brandy Chutney
Bath Oliver Biscuits
Old Jun 2, 2015, 2:06 pm

Programs: DiamondClub (rip), Currently an Alliance Treble Champion (BA, A3, AZ)
Edit.. sorry didn't see the post above. Pics of the new menu in GF this weekend. Salt Beef bagel was pretty good! (Or maybe it was the half bottle of Taittinger Millesime 06 before 1pm??)

Old Jun 2, 2015, 2:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by OttoMH
Edit.. sorry didn't see the post above. Pics of the new menu in GF this weekend. Salt Beef bagel was pretty good! (Or maybe it was the half bottle of Taittinger Millesime 06 before 1pm??)
Had the bagel a couple of weeks ago too and it was indeed quite tasty. Good when you're not starving but need a meal - particularly to soak up the Champagne

GF had the Caesar Salad and I will warn that it's really pretty small (though served in an amusingly wide-rimmed bowl). I see it may have been removed now for the Crayfish salad.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 12:52 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond
Any idea what the food is like at BA First lounge at T3. I went there a few years ago and it was pretty rubbish, the CX lounge was far better
Old Jun 3, 2015, 2:09 am

Programs: ba exec silver
to me, seems they do not cater for vegetarians besides macaroni and cheese. disappointing.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 2:27 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
There are a lot of vegetarian options in the hold & cold buffet.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 2:32 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Just dropping in for a little moan. The F lounge has been such a disgusting dump the last few times I've been there that on one occasion I just didn't bother and went straight to my gate. On Monday evening, as I was sitting by the windows near the veranda/balcony the desk with the printer must have had 15 plates of half-eaten food and glasses. The glass bar was so dirty and grimy that I had to wipe it clean myself.

Contrast the UA/LH lounges in T2, and I'm surprising myself by booking a whole lot of *A flights for intra-EU travel these days.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Slotski
Any idea what the food is like at BA First lounge at T3. I went there a few years ago and it was pretty rubbish, the CX lounge was far better
just the same as t5...
Old Jun 3, 2015, 5:41 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Just dropping in for a little moan. The F lounge has been such a disgusting dump the last few times I've been there that on one occasion I just didn't bother and went straight to my gate. On Monday evening, as I was sitting by the windows near the veranda/balcony the desk with the printer must have had 15 plates of half-eaten food and glasses. The glass bar was so dirty and grimy that I had to wipe it clean myself.
On one of my previous visits it was in a similar state, I'd never seen anything quite like it to be honest. I happened to get one of the text survey requests and provided feedback based on what I'd seen. Imagine my surprise when BA called me the next day to ask me for more details on visit times etc. Glad to see they've done something about it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.