Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2015, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
This thread gives the current catering options for the Galleries First Lounge (Flounge) in LHR Terminals 3 and 5. This lounge is open to BAEC Gold and oneworld Emerald card holders. Passengers flying BA on a First ticket can also use the Concorde Room. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey. Click here to see the former thread, which covered that turbulent period.

The T3 lounge is identical to T5 in terms of food and drink options. However there is no Concorde Room in T3 so from 18:30 hrs there is a pre-flight dining option for First travellers, see here for more details.

The current catering options in the First lounge can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. Currently lounge menus are not always on display in the lounge, but this link may be your best bet to see the options.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2015 - T5 only
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options from 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T3 and T5
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T1 international flights

For the First and Club lounges in Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, and Aberdeen
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - see
post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover in 2013
New lounge catering contract: BaxterStorey replaces Compass - effective 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - note from BA Executive Club.

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The 2015 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2015, 2:50 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by cysyuen
Guys if anyone of you are in the T5 GF lounge right now you should immediately grab bits of roasted bacon loin... NOW!
I had already given a shout out for this - the only thing on the hot buffet worth eating. Needed more sauce to be available though.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 10:43 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
In the F lounge at T5 for the first time in a little while. I see there are new menus. No - not new food - but new menus!

Old Feb 18, 2015, 12:18 pm

Programs: Air France/KLM Flying Blue Silver, BAEC Gold, Eurostar Carte Classique,
Menu now only available on request?

Last Sunday there were no menus on any of the tables in the Flounge. One of the staff members explained that the menu is now available only on request.

Not sure whether this is the new policy or a single try-out.
The lounge staff seemed far more aware of those with a menu and actually rather helpful when ordering food was concerned.

Does anyone here know more?
Old Feb 18, 2015, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by Arne1972
Last Sunday there were no menus on any of the tables in the Flounge. One of the staff members explained that the menu is now available only on request.

The lounge staff seemed far more aware of those with a menu and actually rather helpful when ordering food was concerned.

That was the same for me on Saturday.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 1:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
When is the new menu scheduled to make its first appearance in the Flounge? I forgot to ask last time I was there.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by themapelligroup
When is the new menu scheduled to make its first appearance in the Flounge? I forgot to ask last time I was there.
What do you mean? The menu changed about a couple of weeks ago?

Don't like the reports above of "on demand" menus. Sounds to me like a vaguely hidden way to try and discourage people from ordering. Already the menu keeps reducing change after change and you can now decidedly forget about any sort of dessert which sucks (there were many times when that was the only thing I ordered) so if it continues that way it won't be long till they just move to some pathetic buffet only offer which I would personally hate.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 3:25 pm

Interesting that the menu covers are something that was designed over 18 months ago and originally for the CCR cocktail menu.

As for the rather infrequent appearance of the menus around the Flounge, this could be an attempt to claw back on the consumption as suggested.

Rumour at Watership down is that the lounge catering is running way over budget and has been for a year or more. Clearly this cannot be allowed to continue........... Otherwise our gold card holders may start to get value for money.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 4:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, QFF Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
New menu to appear here shortly.

Previous year's discussion is here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ns-2014-a.html

In summary pro tem:

Breakfast
Brought to your table

Quote:
Please order via one of our lounge hosts:

Eggs benedict (actually only one egg).
(nothing is marked as vegetarian, but I guess the boiled egg and porridge must be).
I had to go looking for someone to order from as there were no staff in the buffet area, but was asked if I wanted single or double eggs..opted for the latter, though the other one seems to have disappeared before I had a chance to take a photo

Really quite delicious and filling.

Old Feb 19, 2015, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Angry

Originally Posted by Cccharlie
Interesting that the menu covers are something that was designed over 18 months ago and originally for the CCR cocktail menu.

As for the rather infrequent appearance of the menus around the Flounge, this could be an attempt to claw back on the consumption as suggested.

Rumour at Watership down is that the lounge catering is running way over budget and has been for a year or more. Clearly this cannot be allowed to continue........... Otherwise our gold card holders may start to get value for money.
I expect in a few months the food to order at the Flounge will be enhanced because "passengers prefer to get food from the buffet as and when they like". Menus aren't appropriate to the time of day anyway.

Old Feb 21, 2015, 12:39 pm

Location: in your favourite lounge, clearing the whole buffet
Programs: LH Maximizer of the year, BA Blue Label killer
Guys.

I tried something new today.

The result brought tears to my eyes.

I present:

THE FAMOUS "LE HILLIER" DOUBLE BACON CHEESEBURGER!

Two burgers. One bun.

Don't try to find it on the menu. It isn't.

Last edited by Prospero; Feb 27, 2015 at 1:02 am Reason: remove vulgarity
Old Feb 21, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fqtv_kraven
Guys.

I tried something new today.

The result brought tears to my eyes.

I present:

THE FAMOUS "LE HILLIER" DOUBLE BACON CHEESEBURGER!

Two burgers. One bun.

Don't try to find it on the menu. It isn't.
Must you hack everything you find?

Disappointed to hear the menus are being removed. I shall have to make a point of asking where they are ....

Last edited by Prospero; Feb 27, 2015 at 1:03 am Reason: amend quotation
Old Feb 21, 2015, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Woman told me on Monday that the menus are gone because management want to reduce consumption. Cue us laughing at the ridiculousness of management.

Pretty easy to make a fuss and get them to come back out again. They are quite good at capitulating. Best not being too British about it and just complain on the spot rather than send emails.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 2:10 pm

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by hugolover
Woman told me on Monday that the menus are gone because management want to reduce consumption. Cue us laughing at the ridiculousness of management.
That's a preposterous "enhancement". Basically, they don't want infrequent users of the lounge (are there that many??) to know you can get a burger. How does one get a menu? By asking staff?

It is bizarre that this is done in GF - the one lounge where almost everyone in it is there exclusively because of frequent BA flying and reaching Gold. Frequent users will know and notice things like this disappearing.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 2:45 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Arne1972

Menus all over the place in GF this morning. Breakfast Menu.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 4:38 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by snuffi
Menus all over the place in GF this morning. Breakfast Menu.
Perhaps BA have been embarrassed in to reinstating the menus? Assuming of course they had actually removed them as has been suggested.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.