Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2015

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2015, 1:52 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by Flip42
It seems with airberlin now the fare (http://www.airberlin.com/en-DE/site/...n-yourfare.php) and not longer the booking class determines how many TPs and Avios are awarded. At least for shorthauls.

My last airberlin trip (NUE-TXL-MUC) was in booking class O and Q respectively. It was a Fly Classic fare and I was awarded 20 TPs and 500 Avios per sector.
It is still the fare bucket that determines earnings to BAEC. Each of those fares listed will book in to a published fare bucket. Just as BA offers Hand Baggage Only fares that has no checked luggage allowance and no seat selection, but it will book in to any of the economy fare buckets.

I assume you mean you were awarded 20 TPs total, so 10 TPs per segment and 500 avios per segment.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 2:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Senator
Originally Posted by nux
I assume you mean you were awarded 20 TPs total, so 10 TPs per segment and 500 avios per segment.
No, it was 20 TPs per segment.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 2:12 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry, Hertz 5*
If I book a domestic USA flight (i.e. one-way ORD-DCA on AA for 4,500 avios) but end up not taking it, by canceling beforehand, I will get my Avios back but not my booking fees (~$11.20), correct? Thanks.

-AD
Old Oct 1, 2015, 2:22 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by airbornedaddy
If I book a domestic USA flight (i.e. one-way ORD-DCA on AA for 4,500 avios) but end up not taking it, by canceling beforehand, I will get my Avios back but not my booking fees (~$11.20), correct? Thanks.

-AD
Yes, as long as you cancel no later than 24 hrs before the flight.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flip42
No, it was 20 TPs per segment.
Forgive me for the silly question, but are you sure you were in O and Q?
Old Oct 7, 2015, 9:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Senator
Originally Posted by Calchas
Forgive me for the silly question,
Of course I do. I was very surprised by myself.

Originally Posted by Calchas
but are you sure you were in O and Q?
At least airberlin seems to think so:

And that's how it posted in my BAEC account:

Funnily O and Q somehow magically became B - full fare economy according to the earning table in this thread.

Last edited by Flip42; Oct 7, 2015 at 9:17 am
Old Oct 9, 2015, 7:31 am

Programs: EBD, BAEC GGL/CCR, Alitalia AlataPlus, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Plat100, HHD
I should know the answer to this question (and think I do), but a double check needed.

If I have a oneworld operated flight booked under a non-oneworld codeshare - can I still credit it to BAEC (or for that matter any other OW program apart from the operating airline's program)
Old Oct 9, 2015, 8:05 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skba1
If I have a oneworld operated flight booked under a non-oneworld codeshare - can I still credit it to BAEC (or for that matter any other OW program apart from the operating airline's program)
The answer will depend on the specific airlines involved, but generally no.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 4:27 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
End of year dates.

My end of year is Jan 8th and my card expires on Feb 28th.

Obviously flights booked in April will be on a new year, and I assume the card automatically renews?

However if I were to fly on Jan 9th this would also be in a new year, despite the card expiring on Feb 28th?

Just need to make sure I am correct in my thinking.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 4:51 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
End of year dates.

My end of year is Jan 8th and my card expires on Feb 28th.

Obviously flights booked in April will be on a new year, and I assume the card automatically renews?

However if I were to fly on Jan 9th this would also be in a new year, despite the card expiring on Feb 28th?

Just need to make sure I am correct in my thinking.
Your membership years are:
1. 9 January 2015 to 8 Janaury 2016
2. 9 January 2016 to 8 Janaury 2017

Your status for year 2 is determined by how many TPs you earned in year 1, so whatever card you get in January 2016 will depend on how many TPs you earned by teh end of year 1. Your BAEC card runs to the end of the first full month after the end of that membership year though (i.e. 28 February 2016 for year 1) so you still get the benefit of the year 1 status for a few weeks after your membership year end.

Overnight on 8/9 January 2016 your TPs will reset to 0. Any flights you take from 9 January 2016 onwards will credit on that date or after and be relevant to year 2, although as noted your card benefits from year 1 would still be running for a few weeks.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 5:20 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Thanks - more like year 10+ just never earnt before lol
Old Oct 13, 2015, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Retroactive mileage credit without e-ticket number possible?

Am currently taking charge of my husband's FFP admin and noticed that a BA business class from April wasn't entered or credited to his BAEC account.

The flight was taken on the 21st so I've got a few days before the 6 month deadline.

Problem is that the only record I have is a supposed e-ticket emailed to him from The Flight Centre which just gives the alphanumeric reference code. No sign of the e-ticket number demanded by the BA website.

Can the miles/TPs still be credited?
Old Oct 14, 2015, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes - it is possible

Thankfully, the PNR was still in the historical records. Called up and the CS rep entered the e-ticket number on his behalf. Sorted!
Old Oct 15, 2015, 4:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF LTG, TK Elite, IHG Amb & HH Diamond
I bought one of the cheap TAM business class fares from MXP to GRU recently as part of their "sale". The flight number was JJxxx and the BAEC calculator said I would earn approximately 7,000 avios and 140 TPs. As part of the LAN/TAM merger my flights were cancelled and rebooked on LAN with flights having a LA prefix. The calculator now says l'll earn nada. Will BA still credit the avios and TPs to my account given I originally bought TAM flights or should I credit the flights to QFF instead?

TIA.

ps. The wiki is great. My compliments to the authors.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 6:45 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by onemoretrip
I bought one of the cheap TAM business class fares from MXP to GRU recently as part of their "sale". The flight number was JJxxx and the BAEC calculator said I would earn approximately 7,000 avios and 140 TPs. As part of the LAN/TAM merger my flights were cancelled and rebooked on LAN with flights having a LA prefix. The calculator now says l'll earn nada. Will BA still credit the avios and TPs to my account given I originally bought TAM flights or should I credit the flights to QFF instead?

TIA.

ps. The wiki is great. My compliments to the authors.
Yes, if it is marketed and operated by LAN it is eligible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.