Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2015, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
They responded they do not match, so I will not be switching to BA. Good for the existing Executive Club members, disappointing for me as I will not be catching non-stop flight SAN-LHR.
Sounds almost like a case of cutting off your nose to spite your face. In which cabin would you have flown BA? And how much other oneworld flying would you have done?

Four SAN-LHR round-trips in Club on their own would only get you BA Silver (= OW Sapphire, ie mid-tier) so unless you moved more flying to oneworld you would have been particularly lucky in any event to get matched to the top tier on the basis of your promised flying. In addition, if you were flying Club you'd get many status benefits included in your ticket.

However, if you would only have flown lower cabins, where status benefits are arguably more valuable, then you might not even have reached Silver. Four round-trips in WT+ would have done it, but four round-trips in WT - even at the highest fares - would not.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Welcome to FT, aphro123!
Originally Posted by aphro123
1.) Will I get BA Silver right after I complete those 4 BA sectors?

2.) If i accrue another 800TP after completing those 4 BA flights, will I get BA Gold then?
1. Yes, you should become Silver as soon as the BA flights post to your BAEC account and the system then updates thereafter to reflect your new status. It takes a few days for the whole process to complete after your flights.
2. Yes.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 2:13 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
This is very true - they do not match status. I was thinking of switching my allegiance to BA as I fly SAN-LHR at least four times a year, and am a 1K with UA, so contacted BA about matching the status. They responded they do not match, so I will not be switching to BA. Good for the existing Executive Club members, disappointing for me as I will not be catching non-stop flight SAN-LHR.
Why do you need a status match to travel on BA?

Also note you could try to status match to AA (or another oneworld airline such as AB) but still travel on BA.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 3:08 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Welcome to FT, aphro123!1. Yes, you should become Silver as soon as the BA flights post to your BAEC account and the system then updates thereafter to reflect your new status. It takes a few days for the whole process to complete after your flights.
2. Yes.
Thanks for welcoming and for your very helpful reply! It seems that I will be jumping ship and joining BAEC for the upcoming year then ^
Old Nov 10, 2015, 9:36 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Sounds almost like a case of cutting off your nose to spite your face. In which cabin would you have flown BA? And how much other oneworld flying would you have done?

Four SAN-LHR round-trips in Club on their own would only get you BA Silver (= OW Sapphire, ie mid-tier) so unless you moved more flying to oneworld you would have been particularly lucky in any event to get matched to the top tier on the basis of your promised flying. In addition, if you were flying Club you'd get many status benefits included in your ticket.

However, if you would only have flown lower cabins, where status benefits are arguably more valuable, then you might not even have reached Silver. Four round-trips in WT+ would have done it, but four round-trips in WT - even at the highest fares - would not.
Thank you. Just booked FC with UA there and BF on the return for the first trip. Also, have a trip to Asia next year, and another trip to Europe, and good to know that I would not reach the highest tier with them with my 6-7 trips each year. I do not always fly FC, nor BF, depends upon pricing as I have my own business. So UA is looking the best for me, which is good to know. :-)
Old Nov 10, 2015, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So UA is looking the best for me, which is good to know.
It sounds like it is. I hope you enjoy it.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 9:55 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver

Just a quick one. If my flights post out of sequence and I get Silver 50% bonus instead of Gold 100% bonus, is it worth contacting BAEC for the extra 50%?

Chronologically I flew HKG to DOH on 4 Nov which took me to 1620 TPs but this posted after I flew CPH LHR MIA on 8 Nov
Old Nov 10, 2015, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, ISTR a number of people have reported successfully getting this adjusted manually by BAEC.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 6:51 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Yes, ISTR a number of people have reported successfully getting this adjusted manually by BAEC.
Thanks Globaliser, I just called and they worked out which flights were post qualification and "passed it to admin" for an adjustment. Took about 30 minutes on hold but the Flower Duet on classical guitar is surprisingly relaxing. Don't know how long it will take to adjust, nor does it really matter to be honest.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 1:44 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by sxc
I am about to setup a BAEC account. Just say I create the account in Mid-December 2015, will my membership year expire on 31 December 2016, or 31 January 2017?

Or some other date that I haven't considered?
Originally Posted by MADPhil
Your TP collecting year will run from the 9th. of the month following your first qualifying flight until the 8th. of the same month a year later. Your status year will run until the end of the month following the month in which your collection year ends. So the first TP collecting year can be almost 13 months long. When you set up the account is actually immaterial as long as it is before the first flight that you want to count.
Sorry to revisit this, but I actually read this on the BAEC T&C:

"Tier Point collection Year"

means the 12 month period starting from the 9th day of the calendar month in which a Member joins the Executive Club or, if the member joins after such date, the 8th day of the following calendar month, and every consecutive 12 month period thereafter.
Reading this, it sounds like the TP collecting year actually is linked to when you join BAEC, and not when your first qualifying flight is taken?
Old Nov 12, 2015, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sxc
Reading this, it sounds like the TP collecting year actually is linked to when you join BAEC, and not when your first qualifying flight is taken?
Indeed, but I think that the consensus is based on new members' real-life experiences when they actually do take their first flight.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 5:06 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
Hi, I currently have a Gold AMEX, will I still get the sign-up bonus if I get an British Airways American Express card?
Old Nov 12, 2015, 6:28 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by Stair Way
Hi, I currently have a Gold AMEX, will I still get the sign-up bonus if I get an British Airways American Express card?
Yes. (And if you need a referal for the BA Amex, and you'll get more points for being referred, I can refer you )
Old Nov 14, 2015, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
I have a one tier upgrade voucher for EC. Currently I am Silver so if I apply this now does this mean I get Gold for 15/16 and then Gold from Sep 16 one more year as 15/16 is the year that I achieved the Gold status?
Old Nov 14, 2015, 5:15 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by onlysuites
I have a one tier upgrade voucher for EC. Currently I am Silver so if I apply this now does this mean I get Gold for 15/16 and then Gold from Sep 16 one more year as 15/16 is the year that I achieved the Gold status?
How/where did you get this, I'm assuming through a corporate TA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.