Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2015, 6:27 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Bronze
Pre-28 April Silver status bonus on AA

After 25 minutes of research I am turning to the FT community: what was the Silver status bonus on AA coded flights that were ticketed before 28 April? I assume it was 100% but I am not sure. Do you know? Thanks, ps
Old Dec 13, 2015, 7:34 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by planestupid
After 25 minutes of research I am turning to the FT community: what was the Silver status bonus on AA coded flights that were ticketed before 28 April? I assume it was 100% but I am not sure. Do you know? Thanks, ps
Correct.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 9:53 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Hi.

I am trying to claim missing avios with a RJ flight I had recently.

However, in the list of partner airlines, RJ does not come up, so i have to click on other airlines. Is this normal?

Why is RJ different?
Are they not so connected to the OW alliance? Would this explain why it is so difficult to find redemption availability on RJ?

And is it only possible to claim missing avios from RJ flight from 1 month after the flight until 6 months after?

Thanks.

Last edited by benberg2013; Dec 22, 2015 at 9:38 am
Old Dec 17, 2015, 2:40 am

Programs: BA Silver
Red face

Originally Posted by benberg2013
Hi.

I am trying to claim missing avios with a RJ flight I had recently.

However, in the list of partner airlines, RJ does not come up, so i have to click on other airlines. Is this normal?

Why is RJ different?
Are they not so connected to the OW alliance? Would this explain why it is so difficult to find redemption availability on RJ?

And is it only possible to claim missing avios from RJ flight from 1 month after the flight until 6 months after?

Thanks.
Had the same problem recently. Yes, you have to choose Other Airlines, fill the form and fax it. My claim was rejected at first as a non-show (it was a RJ code share with AA) but I talked to the BAEC team and after some eight weeks it was credited.

I have no idea why RJ is different in this regard.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 8:26 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Bronze
Thank you!
Old Dec 25, 2015, 4:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, KF Gold/PPS
If I have an op up to J from W, do I still earn only the tier points as if I was in W or should I get tier points from J?
Old Dec 25, 2015, 5:13 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by srs507
If I have an op up to J from W, do I still earn only the tier points as if I was in W or should I get tier points from J?
You earn TPs and avios for the fare class you paid for, so W in your case.

If you did a cash upgrade, so either POUG via MMB or AUP you would earn TPs and avios for the higher class.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 2:07 pm

If you did a cash upgrade, so either POUG via MMB or AUP you would earn TPs and avios for the higher class.
Providing it's a cash fare in the first place.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 1:07 pm

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Gold Upgrade Vouchers

I have been awarded Gold Upgrade Vouchers, but am still confused with the rules.

The official rules say "Gold Upgrade vouchers are a single cabin class upgrade available on a single or return booking.", which means regardless of whether single or return, one GUV can upgrade one itinerary? Or if it's a return itinerary, two GUVs will be used?

Also, I can see few CW redemption flights, is it better to book redemption flights after the status is upgraded to GGL? (I read GGLs can book revenue flights on Avios)

Thanks!
Old Dec 26, 2015, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Dark Blue
I have been awarded Gold Upgrade Vouchers, but am still confused with the rules.

The official rules say "Gold Upgrade vouchers are a single cabin class upgrade available on a single or return booking.", which means regardless of whether single or return, one GUV can upgrade one itinerary? Or if it's a return itinerary, two GUVs will be used?

Also, I can see few CW redemption flights, is it better to book redemption flights after the status is upgraded to GGL? (I read GGLs can book revenue flights on Avios)

Thanks!
GGL provides you with a joker that you can use in conjunction with the GUF.
Have a read:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ding-guf2.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...lp-please.html
Old Dec 27, 2015, 3:26 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by Dark Blue

They are usually referred to as GUF2/GUF1 here. One voucher is used for the return journey, so EZE-LHR-SIN-SYD return can be upgrade with one voucher.

If the GUF2 is used after booking you need award space to upgrade, as GGL you can use a joker to open award space.
However you can use a GUF2 when booking with a TA which means you only need revenue space which makes it much easier to use.

See:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ding-guf2.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-use-guf2.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...t-booking.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...lp-please.html
Old Dec 28, 2015, 2:29 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Does flying BA or IB flight number but operated by Veuling metal is accepted for the 4 flights on BA or IB for status renewal rule?
Old Dec 28, 2015, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Does flying BA or IB flight number but operated by Veuling metal is accepted for the 4 flights on BA or IB for status renewal rule?
IB*VY is definitely not sufficient [under the rules, but BAEC might actually allow it anyway due to poor IT].

BA*VY should be sufficient under the rules. I can see why you've asked in that BA does treat BA*VY as a special case for Avios earning unlike any other BA codeshare. But so far as I can see it would be acceptable and you would have a clear argument if it did not qualify.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 11:40 am
SHH

Newbie question:
What is Industry Discounted Fare referred to in " The only flights you do not earn Avios or Tier Points on are reward flights and agency and industry discounted fares." on BA site?

I want to book a Qatar flight on Expedia (it's cheaper than booking on Qatar site), class I. Will this accrual the 125% mileage or would Expedia be classified as Industry Discounted Fare and so no mileage accrual?
Old Dec 29, 2015, 6:55 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond

It will not be a industry discounted fare on Expedia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.