Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2015

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2015, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by nux
How/where did you get this, I'm assuming through a corporate TA?
Citibank
Old Nov 14, 2015, 7:04 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Citibank
Is that the Indian "Prestige" card? Your chances of getting the right answer are much higher if people know exactly which voucher you're referring to (assuming it's actual member experience you're interested in rather than help reading the terms and conditions ).
Old Nov 14, 2015, 8:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, WestJet Gold
Sorry if this was answered before.

Traveling pattern has changed for a few months. Been flying with AA in first and noticed that, while I have enough TP to have passed gold, I haven't done my four qualifying flights yet on BA.

The four flights should happen in February.

By then I should have over 4000TP.

Will I only get gold when I get my four flights in?

I've been reading that at 2500/3500 we get gold upgrade vouchers. Will this happen only after I get my four flights...?

Sorry if this is a basic/stupid question... but thanks for any advice!
Old Nov 14, 2015, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IMH
Is that the Indian "Prestige" card? Your chances of getting the right answer are much higher if people know exactly which voucher you're referring to (assuming it's actual member experience you're interested in rather than help reading the terms and conditions ).
Yes its the Indian Citi Prestige card. Actually its more the terms and conditions that I wanted a answer too. If I apply the upgrade now will I get this year and next? In the past when I got referred as a silver member I got two years as it was timed so that I get my membership year and then the year after for the upgrade.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 8:40 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Yes its the Indian Citi Prestige card.
In which case it would be really helpful if someone could post from experience, as the card terms and conditions describe, not particularly clearly, something that I wouldn't expect BAEC's standard IT to be set up to implement: upgraded status "will be valid for a period of twelve months from the date of issue of a Card and the status will then have to be maintained by the customer thereafter."

Like you, I would expect your elevation to Gold to have the same consequences as reaching a new status level the 'usual' way: Gold for the rest of your current membership year and the one to follow. (That's also how things typically work when an airline grants a status match or a hotel chain awards status as a credit card 'perk', FWIW.)

Any experts on this card?
Old Nov 14, 2015, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IMH
In which case it would be really helpful if someone could post from experience, as the card terms and conditions describe, not particularly clearly, something that I wouldn't expect BAEC's standard IT to be set up to implement: upgraded status "will be valid for a period of twelve months from the date of issue of a Card and the status will then have to be maintained by the customer thereafter."

Like you, I would expect your elevation to Gold to have the same consequences as reaching a new status level the 'usual' way: Gold for the rest of your current membership year and the one to follow. (That's also how things typically work when an airline grants a status match or a hotel chain awards status as a credit card 'perk', FWIW.)

Any experts on this card?
Thanks. ^ Putting through the upgrade this week so will update.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Kitty3008
Sorry if this was answered before.

Traveling pattern has changed for a few months. Been flying with AA in first and noticed that, while I have enough TP to have passed gold, I haven't done my four qualifying flights yet on BA.

The four flights should happen in February.

By then I should have over 4000TP.

Will I only get gold when I get my four flights in?

I've been reading that at 2500/3500 we get gold upgrade vouchers. Will this happen only after I get my four flights...?

Sorry if this is a basic/stupid question... but thanks for any advice!
Yes.
Yes.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 1:50 pm

Programs: BA EC
I have a stupid question...
I joined BAEC this Sep and will soon be a silver member (By Jan2016).
To my understanding, I will be ..
Now-Sep16: Silver
Sep16-Sep17: Silver
Sep17-Sep18: Bronze

My question is within Sep17-Sep18, how much TP should I obtain to be a silver?
300 or 600TP? Thanks
Old Nov 14, 2015, 2:05 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by neofung
I have a stupid question...
I joined BAEC this Sep and will soon be a silver member (By Jan2016).
To my understanding, I will be ..
Now-Sep16: Silver
Sep16-Sep17: Silver
Sep17-Sep18: Bronze

My question is within Sep17-Sep18, how much TP should I obtain to be a silver?
300 or 600TP? Thanks
The counter resets to zero each year and you must accumulate 300/600/1500 within the next year to earn the status for the remainder of that year and for the following year. In your case you have silver for 16-17 so you have to accumulate 600 points before 9-Sep-17 to keep it for 17-18.

It's worth noting however that, since you keep the status until the end of the month after your year ends, if you are a quick earner then you could earn enough after 8-Sep-17 and before 1-Nov-17 to have continuous status until 31-Oct-19
Old Nov 14, 2015, 2:13 pm

Hi. Sorry for a novice question, but I'm looking to be pointed towards a thread about Silver TP runs. Gold isn't really needed, but I'd like to boost up to Silver from Blue.

Thanks in advance and sorry to be a pain!

Bertie
Old Nov 14, 2015, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by BertiebassUK
Hi. Sorry for a novice question, but I'm looking to be pointed towards a thread about Silver TP runs. Gold isn't really needed, but I'd like to boost up to Silver from Blue.

Thanks in advance and sorry to be a pain!

Bertie
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...er-thread.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ed-advice.html
Old Nov 14, 2015, 2:30 pm

Thank you.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 4:43 am

Is there a definitive statement of what BA means by 'you will need to fly BA at least four times' if so could someone please give me a link as I have not been able to find it.

Do IB flights qualify? I have seen conflicting advice on this, some say only BA counts but some say IB count as well?

Does it actually mean:
'you will need to fly BA (Metal) at least four times'
or possibly
'you will need to fly BA or IB (Metal) at least four times'
or possibly
'you will need to fly Oneworld (Metal) at least four times'
or maybe
'you will need to fly IAG (Metal) at least four times'

I would like to be certain of this as I need a additional qualifying flight to meet the minimum requirements for Silver and IB or Finnair may be a better choice for this flight.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 4:50 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by wytco0
Is there a definitive statement of what BA means by 'you will need to fly BA at least four times' if so could someone please give me a link as I have not been able to find it.

Do IB flights qualify? I have seen conflicting advice on this, some say only BA counts but some say IB count as well?
Yes, here: http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...ut-tier-points

BA flights are:

flights operated by British Airways, including franchises and BA CityFlyer
codeshare flights on other carriers with a BA flight number
flights operated by Iberia, including franchises, with an IB flight number
In other words, BA marketed OR BA operated OR IB marketed and operated.

So per the T&C's an IB marketed and operated flight counts, however anecdotal evidence is that IB marketed or operated also counts.
Flights marketed by any other oneworld airline such as Finnair don't count towards the requirements.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 4:51 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
http://www.britishairways.com/travel...s/public/en_gb

Eligible flights are defined as those flights marketed or operated by British Airways and those flights marketed and operated by Iberia.
•'Marketed' means the flight will have a BA flight number (in your itinerary or on your ticket).
•'Operated' means the aircraft that you travel on is a British Airways aircraft (including franchises and BACityflyer).
•'Marketed and operated by Iberia' means the flight will have an IB flight number and the aircraft you travel on is an Iberia aircraft (including franchises).

Reward bookings and agency or industry discounted bookings are not eligible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.